Thread: Alchemy

Alchemy

Anyone interested in alchemy?

It's a very vast topic, I am barely able to present it in all the entirety, and I'm not speaking about "tranforming stone into gold" of course I sometimes see some people, particularly with the scientific background, to treat it as a replacement of something like a "spiritual development", with lots of intellectualism, psychology and psychiatry involved in it.

My intuitive experience (rather than thinking) is that alchemy is actually a distinct science or rather meta-science - distinct from anything else, yet being essential to anything else, and deals with symbolism, meta-concepts, and transformation in the mutlidimensional (multiconceptual) way. In this sense, astrology is just a "branch" of this vast alchemicla science, chemistry is a part of "physical alchemy", and the physics merely touches the surface of this ever-changing reality.

Possibly the most thorough, general treatment on alchemy was the Chinese I-Cing book, giving the overall picture of the changes (transformations) in the universe in the form of appliable oracle.

What is your view on alchemy?

Re: Alchemy

When you take science as far as humanly able, you know Self.
    Empirically.

Alchemy starts with that truth, and then does love...

Blog Entries

To me it's about the transformation of consciousness, more than anything else.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Quote Originally Posted by olyris View Post
    When you take science as far as humanly able, you know Self.
    Empirically.
    From my understanding of the scientific way to know the reality, it always has certain limitations. It's like with the two pillars of the Qabbalistic tree: the left and the right one, each of them gives you a seperate "consciousness", the science being related to the left one. Yet, at the end of all the concepts you would come up with there's a transcendent "cause" from which any idea and concept emerges. Then you need to abandon any scientific, or any thought at all.
    That's possibly one of the reasons why consciousness transformation, as CFTraveler indicated, is essential I think.

What if you only saw self, or consciousness, wonder, or conception, in yourself? And, in turn, anyone else? I would be one to work through all of this "lead" that prevented the experience from quite materialising as "real life" in the first place.

A desired outcome: sex.

I believe a lot of alchemists (about half of them) forget the sexual urge in their works. They express secrets.
    The divine sort of alchemist (here I identify) do sexy works whenever they might. They are secret.

o

Quote Originally Posted by olyris View Post
    What if you only saw self, or consciousness, wonder, or conception, in yourself? And, in turn, anyone else? I would be one to work through all of this "lead" that prevented the experience from quite materialising as "real life" in the first place.

A desired outcome: sex.

I believe a lot of alchemists (about half of them) forget the sexual urge in their works. They express secrets.
    The divine sort of alchemist (here I identify) do sexy works whenever they might. They are secret.

o
    Another way of putting this: I will NOT exist without my realisation!!!

The more I read about the ancient (art of) alchemy, the more I am convinced that what we have now is a farely reduced knowledge that had many aspects and dimensions. What Hermes did was spreading the applied sciences: astrology, medicine, alchemy etc. understood in a very specific way - caring mainly of their application. I understand that people have had large difficulties in thinking in the more abstract or archetypical way, so that they need defied gods, godlings, deities etc.

But what am I constantly missing in the so called ancient lore is the essence of that knowledge which precedes everything what Hermes taught people, and alchemy has been reduced to a certain goal instead of undrstanding the essential things - i.e. he presented the applied science.

Be objective, research the reality and don't assume things just because of experts