Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sinking Chi

Blog Entries
    Hello, Aunt Clair - my knowledge about the bagua (eight trigrams) is rather little.

I know that they derive from a combination of Yin and Yang. Some are more Yin and some are more Yang. It's a bit like a binary language, and it is expanded in a full set of 64 yin/yang compositions somewhere.

Heavens Stone ?
    Moon Stone Shen
    Sun Stone Chi
    Earth Stone Ching
    I do not actually know, so this is a guess - but Shen is the human grasp of the mental and abstract. Maybe the 4th energy is the divine grace from above? The other three treasures or jiao as they are commonly called reside within the human body, that I do know. Maybe the fourth is the divine grace that can only come "from above" or the connection back to the state of nonduality?

About your bagua (or pa kua) diagram - I think there is something wrong:
    There are four trigrams where Yang dominates, and four where Yin dominates.

Yin is associated with emptiness, darkness, reaction, softness or the female principle, Yang with action, light, aggression, fullness or the male principle. So I think you the associations wrong - all Yang trigrams are male (to some extent), Heaven is totally Yang, all Ying trigrams are female and Earth is totally female, so I think, or else the Yin/Yang dichotomy is completely upside down here.

I can look up for you some information about the bagua, but I have not much yet. The more theoretical and philosophical stuff I've barely touched until now, sorry.

The eight trigrams, the five elements and the Yin/Yang principle are at the base of Daoist philosophy, and I myself hope to learn more about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    Hello, Aunt Clair - my knowledge about the bagua (eight trigrams) is rather little.I know that they derive from a combination of Yin and Yang. Some are more Yin and some are more Yang. It's a bit like a binary language, and it is expanded in a full set of 64 yin/yang compositions somewhere.
    Yes the I Ching is made of these basic 8 but makes a set of 64 hexagrams (6lines broken or whole as a set of 2 trigrams one over the other ) used in divination .
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Ching
    http://www.sacred-texts.com/ich/index.htm
    Heavens Stone ?
    Moon Stone Shen
    Sun Stone Chi
    Earth Stone Ching
    I do not actually know, so this is a guess - but Shen is the human grasp of the mental and abstract. Maybe the 4th energy is the divine grace from above? The other three treasures or jiao as they are commonly called reside within the human body, that I do know. Maybe the fourth is the divine grace that can only come "from above" or the connection back to the state of nonduality?
    Thank you for your thoughts on this .

About your bagua (or pa kua) diagram - I think there is something wrong:
    There are four trigrams where Yang dominates, and four where Yin dominates.

I think there are 4 of each there . But I have merely copied and pasted this image and it is not an area of strength for me .

[quote:2ucbqzgn]Yin is associated with emptiness, darkness, reaction, softness or the female principle, Yang with action, light, aggression, fullness or the male principle.
    Yes I agree with that premise from my own understanding of what I have read .

So I think you the associations wrong - all Yang trigrams are male (to some extent), Heaven is totally Yang, all Ying trigrams are female and Earth is totally female, so I think, or else the Yin/Yang dichotomy is completely upside down here. [/quote:2ucbqzgn]
    Hermetically earth and fire are male and active , electric and warm to hot
    Air and water are female , passive , magnetic and cool to cold .

1...........Wind Yin Sun ~*~ green female Air
    2............... Fire Yin Li ~*~ orange male Fire
    3............Lake Yin Tui ~*~ indigo female Water
    4......... Earth Yin Kun ~*~ red male Earth
    5.... Mountain Yang Ken ~*~rose male fire & Earth
    6...........RiverYang Kan ~*~purple female magick earth & Water
    7 Thunder/Lightning Yang Chen ~*~amber male air & Fire
    8.............. Heaven Yang Chien ~*~aqua female water & Air

It is not mine so I cannot react . The Left side of that chart I copied and reacted to Hermetically speaking on the right . I am actually asking you for your understanding . I am expert in Hermetics but not in I Ching or Asian Taoist energy wisdoms .
    I can look up for you some information about the bagua,
    Can you please explain this term more to me ? Thanks .

but I have not much yet. The more theoretical and philosophical stuff I've barely touched until now, sorry.
    I do appreciate your help all the same . I have read Mantak Chia's works
    and discussed some of this with Robert Bruce this year . I am trying to get a handle on this area of metaphysics now myself . Thank you very much for your help in this regard .
    ~*~Love , Light & Laughter ~*~

Blog Entries
    Hello, Aunt Clair.

I've been trying to read up on this stuff, but it is not really my kind of stuff. The endless systems of correlating X to Y with element a for (prime-number) of things to say sigma will happen that have taken place in some of this I-Jing derived systems are simply not my cup of tea. Maybe I do find some stuff on it that I can relate to in the future, but not yet.

Sorry.