Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: astral bugs or not?

Greatoutdoors Guest
    That is pretty cool! I guess I have never noticed them before; and I pride myself on paying attention to such things!

Someone posted a brief reference to the dangers of making things more metaphysical than the event calls for, and I agree. It is my theory that most, if not all, of the things we refer to as "metaphysical" are nothing more (or less!) than naturally occurring events that we just don't understand yet.

Leswan Guest
    I sometimes get this 'firefly' effect when I look to the sky. It was particularly noticeable when I attempted to 'cloudbust' after reading about that on the net.

violetsky Guest
    There are of course possible biological explanations such as you are seeing the blood cells which supply oxygen to the retina or seeing floaters. There is a long staph looking type microbe that is in most people's eyes but these explanations do not explain when you see air element. Air element whizzes at great speed in a very straight line on bright sunny days and moves much faster than any blood cell would flow through your capillaries. Also it is usually brilliant white where as when you defocus your eyes and observe the blood cells they look like round clear blobs that are slowly moving around. As for the microbes in the eye they are even slower moving and move when you blink and then slowly fall with gravity to your lower eyelash area. Air element is completely different than these biological explanations. It is a nice science try but....have not heard a good scientific explanation yet for the whizzing air element.

Best Wishes to all,
    violetsky

chips Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Psi
    It's not metaphysical....it's simply microbes on your eye of various sizes, bubbles if you will, and they form in various places. Here's an idea, go get some eyedrops and clear your eyes, and notice that what you see isn't there anymore. Also, if you look closely, you can see them indoors as well...It's also when you see a light glazed type reflection in the air that floats around and eventually disappears. It's not metaphysical. Now if you work doing third eye chakra work and saw orbs in the air that could be seen UP CLOSE and weren't indefinitely distant(as you will find these "Globules" to be, then that's worthy of mention.

[edit] Oh, and I have Hands of Light as well. Worst book I ever invested the money in. Was a good read, but nothing I didn't already know or could find online.
    i agree. these are sometimes known as "floaters."

stargazer Guest
    I have mixed feelings about this phenomenon... as I have seen the white squiggles close-up from a plane window, looking down at brown earth...

There's apparently a blue field entoptic display at the Exploratorium in San Francisco that shows you what this looks like, so anyone in that area should go check it out... Scheerer's is supposed to pulse in time with your heartbeat and the motion of the firefly thingies has always looked random to me. I don't put too much stock in it either way, because of my uncertainty.

Lion Guest
    Ideally, we would be able to differentiate between several states of mind. If you have no ability to do so, yes, you're definitely insane.

Aside from the floaters in your eye, you may see pranic globules in specific hues. These can be made of the basic, metaphysical elements, or varying combinations of them, forming several scales of color over many spectrums. In spite of the intellegence they exhibit, they can be manipulated in order to cause "psychic" phenomena, or they occasionally arrange themselves into mythical shapes that will act curious if you inadvertently wished to contact them.

stargazer Guest
    I'm now leaning towards this being an energetic phenomenon... I've stepped up my energy work lately, which has increased the amount of visuals I've been catching... be it auras, silver streaks or flutters, etc... and now when I wake up in the morning and look at the white ceiling, I see the moving sparklies. An interesting mystery.