Thread: The mind and emotions, advancing to reach my goals

star Guest

The mind and emotions, advancing to reach my goals

My emotions and pyche have put several walls in my way to advancing.

I can do a medicore job of healing now, but I see that I won't get better until I can get over certain emotional issues. I'm in a rut. It doesn't matter if I work well or poorly with energy. What I need is to heal the mind so my spirit can grow.

I don't know how to fix my mind. I've done all sorts of techniques, and speaking with my self. Affirminations, whatever.

Does anyone have any experience in this field?

I want to get back on track. Like when I first started learning Reiki.

I've must have been getting nearer to an answer though. During my meditations my mind keeps telling me to give up, I'll go through several bouts of depression before I work myself back to normal.

Healing work would be nice? But I think I'd make more progress working on my own with some advice, or at least thats the way I'd like it.

thanks guys

V/r
    James

Blog Entries

Re: The mind and emotions, advancing to reach my goals

Quote Originally Posted by star

I can do a medicore job of healing now, but I see that I won't get better until I can get over certain emotional issues. I'm in a rut. It doesn't matter if I work well or poorly with energy. What I need is to heal the mind so my spirit can grow.

I don't know how to fix my mind. I've done all sorts of techniques, and speaking with my self. Affirminations, whatever.

I've must have been getting nearer to an answer though. During my meditations my mind keeps telling me to give up, I'll go through several bouts of depression before I work myself back to normal.

Healing work would be nice? But I think I'd make more progress working on my own with some advice, or at least thats the way I'd like it.

thanks guys

V/r
    James
    Ok, where to start? To get through emotional issues you have to experience the emotions, see where they're coming from and then do what you can to get them on the track you want them to be. Affirmations are a substitute for the bad programming you have received, and can't be any good until you have uncovered and eliminated the bad programming. It doesn't mean that it 'dissappears', but that you are aware of where it comes from, and of it's value.
    Unfortunately the emotions are not in themselves harmful, but be put in context with your life. That's the hard part- experiencing them and then letting them go.
    Talk about it, and then find a place for it and/or let it go. This is the only advice I have for it.
    Good luck and God Bless.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

When your mind starts telling you to give in, whose voice is it? Try to place it - it can be a clue as to when & where the original experience was.

You seem to be getting held back by your past & CFT is right - you have to find & face the original situation - while it was locked away because of pain, you are now adult & the pain is something you can now deal with.

when you find the original incident the meory will flood back & seem to vanish - it hasn't, it's just been relegated to normal memory where it can't influence your abilities any more.

Have courage & look as good as you can - you'll find it. If it doesn't resolve, you don't have the original - there will be something earlier.

All the best.
    Never doubt there is Truth, just doubt that you have it!

star Guest
    Sounds like I just have to pick at it. Hope something shows up and I can just pack it up and move it out of the way.

I guess once something is in view I can recall those orginal feelings and try to sort it out.

Ah! So much junk to sift through, most the time I can't even find the junk yard.

-James

Re: The mind and emotions, advancing to reach my goals

thanks guys

V/r
    James
    Jesus said that there are daemons which can be expelled only with much prayer and fasting. I urge you to pray to Blessed Alphonsa of India. Her intercession is very powerful, for she suffered herself. I shall pray as well.

Blessed Alphonsa, praise the Lord...
    For His mercy endures forever!
    See Blessed Alphonsa in Wikipedia…

Sounds like I just have to pick at it. Hope something shows up and I can just pack it up and move it out of the way.

I guess once something is in view I can recall those orginal feelings and try to sort it out.

Ah! So much junk to sift through, most the time I can't even find the junk yard.

-James
    According to Sophroniscus' son, Socrates, there are four excellent qualities in man: wisdom, self-control, courage and -- most of all -- sound judgment, which rules over the others and is the quality most characteristic of the Statesman. Work on those four qualities and let go of your problems...