Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: correct meditation and prana(chi,ki)sparkles

bane Guest
    i was refering (my response) to tempestinateapot not you,maybe ishould have clarified that ----aparantly you think you are the only one in this discussion who is empathic,my post that you refered to was not as emotionally charged as you infered.

operasinger Guest
    hmm. I was reading about this technique, there is slightly different version about it. I must check it out. I had weird experience yesterday evening when I came home. I heard "something" inside of me instructing to change clothes, relax and I was sitting in lotus position and started to chant OM.
    I just couldn't stop chanting. I was doing this for about 45 min. I had to force myself to make a little walk and until a felt in to sleep I was chanting every inhale and exhale OM. And had the feeling that it was filling up my mind. I was feeling energized and better the more I was chanting.I'm still chanting OM. I have been doing Kundalini and Hatha yoga for a while now. Any idea what this could be?

The trouble with the New Age is the tendency to take a buffet approach to spiritual development. As long as most people in this category are getting some kind of result, they don't really care to have their technique refined. It is like the way I type, which gets results, but most people would be shocked to see me do it. You see, I made up my style as I went along rather than bothering with formal training and traditional technique. I use one hand and get about 30-35 wpm. It has been tested. I've tried to learn to type with two hands, but the moment I set both hands to the keyboard I drop to around 10 wpm and it feels really awkward. It could probably get me closer to around 60 wpn if I'd be willing to accept the setback to learn to do things the right way, and the kinds of jobs I'd be qualified for pay about half again as much as I'm making now.

bane Guest
    sounds to me like a spirit comunicating with you,now this is where people may disagree,i myself do not let spirits inside,however i do get this sensation from time to time that something ailien is trying to get in,i never let it in period,as for hearing it in your mind,it is a common psychic experiance with those who have made a certain amount of progress,i comunicate with spirits evory now and then,mostly people who are astral projecting to try and figure me out but i will not go into that,i would suggest as i am not a practitioner of yoga (iv done yoga only twice) that you find someone who is quolified in those feilds,it very well could be supreme conciousness contacting/uninting with you (samadhi), the methods i use are of buddhist/daoist/shinto origin,and my knowlage of hindu cosmology is low,i suggest descretion until you can find guidence in poerson as there is a possibility that it could be an evil spirit trying to possess you,that is not nessaseraly the case,never the less it is why i seid use descretion,i hope you find your answers soon as i was once one who sought answers.

blessings

Tempestinateapot Guest
    i just point out the way for those who truely seek out enlightenment.
    "Enlightenment" is a loaded word. Just as there are different kinds of people all over the earth, there are different views on what enlightenment is. Masters in the east don't own the keys to enlightenment or the only way it can be achieved. Having reached "samadhi" (without breathwork or "proper" positioning), I can say that there are other states of consciousness that are just as "enlightening", if not more. The state of Being is incredible. But, unless one has had a wide variety of altered states of consciousness to compare it to, it is impossible to know whether it is the only way to enlightenment.

Bane, you are missing the point here. It is a wonderful thing that you wish to share what you have learned. Giving instructions and teaching people is terrific, and we encourage that here. But, claiming that what you know is the right way and what other people do is the wrong way (I realize you didn't use those words) is not a positive action. Please, by all means, teach and share what you've learned. But, please leave off statements such as the one quoted above. All it does is encourage disagreements about what is true enlightenment.

bane Guest
    it seems to me you are argueing the point of absolute truth,which had nothing to to with my original post,back up your claims with proof.my original post was concerning technique not how many ways there are,it seems to me that you have contintion with anything exclusive,the method i described is exclusive to the original ways it was done and points out the fact that there are methods that create delusion in the aspirant.

Tempestinateapot Guest
    I am arguing your use of words such as "true", "correct", "right", and "real". You have the ability to teach and help others without using those kinds of loaded words. The use of those words discounts other people's experiences that are different from yours and leads to the conclusion that what they do is not "true", incorrect, wrong, and not "real".

bane Guest
    your argument is not convincing in the slightest it comes off as (new age)which contridicts itself outright sence it referes to the age of aquarious and occult philosophies (some of which contridict each other)which are ancient in the first place you have not presented any proof to back up your claims,im not ignorant of occult philosophy or the higher mysteries,quantum physics has proven my point through quantum singualrity,there are spacific things that are experianced/happen/are percieved,which seemes differant from other perspectives when evorything is essentially conected in the first place,your merely argueing samantics for the sake of "being right". to qote bruce lee(iff you focus on your finger you miss out on all the heavonly glory)

Tempestinateapot Guest
    Yes, I am arguing semantics. Not for the sake of being right. You are the one who is saying you are right. I am saying that other people's experiences are just as valid and valuable as yours. I don't understand what it is you want me to "prove". I have no interest in proving anything. This is a discussion forum, not a scientific forum. You will have to live with the fact that people here are going to disagree with you based on their own experiences and knowledge.

No one can invalidate you without your consent and participation. It does not seem that way in the middle of feeling invalidated, but it is still true. The power is yours to use as you choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempestinateapot
    I am arguing your use of words such as "true", "correct", "right", and "real". You have the ability to teach and help others without using those kinds of loaded words. The use of those words discounts other people's experiences that are different from yours and leads to the conclusion that what they do is not "true", incorrect, wrong, and not "real".