Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Love- Started by Alex

Blog Entries

Love- Started by Alex

Note on edit: This thread was started by Alex, and it was titled "Sometimes you're so close it's like you're not there". His post was deleted by him when he left the forum (he was an admin a long time ago), so the beginning of this has been lost. I hope he's still around and is happy, as the post, although the words are forgotten, was amazingly sublime. I don't remember the words, but I do remember the feelings. So the following is merely my reply and contribution to it.:

I remember when I realized I was in love for the first time. It was that moment when I knew that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him- that I couldn't imagine my life without him. That I wouldn't want to live my life without him. The good news is that it's who my husband is.
    The funny thing is, that I thought I had felt love before-until then. That was the first real time I felt real love. And that's how it stayed until my son came along. Then I knew love again. And that's when I understood what Love is, how you can love more than one person with all of your being. Amazing, if you think of love of something you can quantify.
    And yes, Alex, I don't think I can even imagine what it would be to love everybody like that. I would like to, though.
    Last edited by CFTraveler; 7th October 2012 at 07:41 PM.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

sash Guest
    It's great to hear stories like this, a while back I practiced this exact same thing that Alex speaks of, but unfortinantly I realized it was only one-way. I've found it's better not to do it again. The amount you open yourself up can lead to serious neg attack, I have noticed.

If you do have it both ways in a relationship I would imagine it would be a pretty awesome experience and way of life. However my experience relates to the idea of practicing this with everyone to achieve an even higher state. My thought is that you would get seriously trampled, manipulated and used.

Perhaps it's only a problem I have with practicing this, but if anyone else does, how would you suggest practicing such (on a global scale) without it ending up being detrimental?

Blog Entries
    Think about how powerful this could be if we 'fall in love' with everyone. Not just one person, not just as a couple and our kids, but everyone on earth.
    I've had this thought a lot lately too. I think learning to love one is the beginning of opening up to love many. Ideally it begins when you're a baby. Remember how intensely you loved your parents when you were little? (Maybe that intensity is still very much in evidence). Then your siblings and you're closest friends. When I'm having a wonderful time with my friends or comforting them through troubled times, I realise my feelings of love for them. This realisation was always there but it's more of a conscious thing now- a greater appreciation for the abundance of love in my life. It's different in quality to what you feel for your partner and kids but love nonetheless.

If you do have it both ways in a relationship I would imagine it would be a pretty awesome experience and way of life.
    It is, Sash but sometimes you have to wait for the other person to play "catch-ups."

If you're hurting now, that will pass. We're here to love. Don't close yourself to it because it's a beautiful gift and you deserve it.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

sash Guest
    Hey Beekeeper,

My thoughts are more co-ordinated by the action factor, as in when we act out of love. Feeling love towards others and opening to that is still quite powerful, and anyone can do it on the inside. However what Alex mentioned struck a cord with me that when we act in this particular loving way unless there is a strong trust there it poses a great risk.

There is a duality, acting 'differently, rather than the One Being that Alex mentioned, it's there now, and arises initially, but there is a reason.
    Fear
    Unfortinantly not many would be willing to accept this higher way of being, preferring to hold on to their 'difference', to close off, and actually attack you if you are open/loving towards them.

That's my general experience however, love can be quite a dangerous act to do to others in this world. I'm probably not contributing much to the 'theme' of this forum heh, so I'll shuttup now.

Akashic_Librarian Guest
    CFT your a GIRL I never new that lol

Blog Entries
    I'm all girl, baby!
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries
    Hey Sash,

There is a duality, acting 'differently, rather than the One Being that Alex mentioned, it's there now, and arises initially, but there is a reason.
    Fear
    Unfortinantly not many would be willing to accept this higher way of being, preferring to hold on to their 'difference', to close off, and actually attack you if you are open/loving towards them.
    Yes, I see that we were talking very specifically and I digressed. Even so, I'd like to think you'll find someone who understands this kind of love and you will take another chance with them and be glad you did.
    Williams)

sash Guest
    I understand that Alex

I think on a global scale it is a bit trickier. In my experience you have to totally step out of your own layer of reality to flow with others in this way and to completely let go of judgement towards others, which is at times inconveinant and painful.

Blog Entries
    Phew!! The whole sanity thing is a bit touch and go sometimes.

Now Palehorse, I've checked your blog so I know ..... taps nose
    Williams)

Palehorse Redivivus Guest
    Stunt double.