Hiya fellow NEWbies and energy folk...

Well I've been doing NEW for about a year now, spend about an hour a day doing it, and thought I'd check in with an update on a phenomenon I've noticed just recently.

This is tickling my memory and I know I've read things along these lines before, but I'm not an expert, I know I've read about major alternating meridians... but it seems to me that the energy body (at least mine) pulses from side to side.

For example:

I have two blockages under my ears. Let's say I am sponging energy up to those blockages, in equal measure left and right.

After about 10 minutes of doing this... the left blockage "pulses" so that it feels twice as large. When it recedes back to normal size, the right blockage pulses to 2x. And it just keeps cycling over and over and again... Left. Right. Left. Right. The sides never seem to pulse in tandem. It's like that slow cycling sound in the engine room of the Star Trek Enterprise... which I also witnessed once in my aura, while doing a healing. Energy moves in a slow wafting pulse, rather like a languid heartbeat.

This is also keenly felt when bouncing an energy ball from right to left from hip to hip, through the base chakra. First I feel the resistance of the path being made, like a wake being cut through water. Then I become alternately aware of a sort of "opposite" pulse happening so that when my ball is in the right hip, the left hip pulses, and when the ball reaches the left hip, the right hip pulses in response. Because the competing rhythms start to drive me nuts after awhile and I keep having to start over, what I end up doing is naturally just bouncing it in the rhythm of the pulse, so that the pulse and ball bouncing are happening in tandem. It just feels the most natural that way, like energy work to breathing.

Another thing that I've noticed, which may be singular to me, is that in trying to do energy work after a meal, (difficult I know), it honestly feels like 70% of the energy wants to flow downward. I have an impossible time doing any kind of sponging up through the legs because there's a flow happening downwards.

Other stuff? Blockages show up really easily. They burn really hot or cold, like little angry or frozen threads. Before, I had to really hunt and peck for them, but now they totally make themselves known, and sometimes with such astonishing clarity that they make me gasp. The up side is that they clear much quicker.