I've been wondering about this for a while... I am under the impression that there are three different possible projections involved during the OBE induction process... I was wondering if I could get some insight from the members here...

Projection #1: When we have "sleep paralysis" before a projection, we are usually "stuck" in our bodies. We have shifted focus into the "second body" ; the etheric body, which is stuck to the physical.

Projection #2: From this state, it is possible to get up from bed and move not too far from the physical body. In that state, you are formless, you are still attached to the body, and cannot move much farther than a few feet from the physical/etheric. Your "range" is expanded from the boundaries of the physical body to a somewhat larger area -- the room is usually the limit. Trying to travel outside of the room results in either a loss of consciousness or serious reality fluctuations -- you are guessing what is outside of the room, not actually seeing it.

Projection #3: An RTZ projection. You detach a part of your etheric body which is able to travel outside of the "etheric body range".

The way I see it, Projection #1 is a shift into the core of our consciousness... But Projection #2 is more of an aura around this core which reflects our emotions, and it's in there that our dreams and subjective perceptions occur -- that would fit the description of the astral body pretty well. This "aura" is also what rushes in to grab anything you turn your attention to, it is like an invisible mask that shapes your perceptions. In other words, a stable, objective mind in the center, surrounded by a variable subjective mind around it which is used to interpret your surroundings. In this model, the subjectivity emanates from the core.

Projection #3 would be the RTZ projection, therefore you have a part of the etheric body that separates, and it also happens to have this "aura" around it. It's both projection 1 and 2 at the same time, but it occurs separately from the actual body.

Diagram to hopefully make things clearer:

I'd like some feedback about this way of seeing things... Does it make sense? Did I explain it clearly? If so, does it seem at all arbitrary, or do you actually recognize certain things from your own experiences?

When you experience sleep paralysis followed by a projection, how do things usually go after that?

Also, vibration wise... I am under the impression that when you only achieve projection #2, you do not get the vibrations, but when you achieve #3, you do.

I know some people get offended when someone says that you have to have vibrations, since not everyone gets them. But to the people who don't get vibrations, how "accurate" are your RTZ projections? Do you have a tendency to "fall into dreamworld" as soon as you go too far from your physical body?

I hope someone will be able to help me out here, because I don't know how typical my own experiences are... It's great that I have enough experience to draw up my own models of reality... But if nobody can relate, it's pretty worthless!