Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Does NEW get rid of emotional problems?

Tempestinateapot Guest
    While using NEW may bring up emotional issues, they still have to be dealt with on a psychological basis. In other words, to think that by continuing to do NEW the issues will magically disappear is kind of naive thinking, IMO. Introspection and looking at yourself from the observer point of view, as well as doing whatever it takes to heal is a process. And, it's not easy. I'm old, and I'm still having to do it.

Blog Entries
    Clearing energetic blockages can resolve emotional issues as well, but it is not necessarily straightforward.

There are at least two ways I know of:

The first one is "accidental". The physical , etheric and emotional bodies are neighbors in the hierarchy of energetic bodies. Neighbors have the strongest relations between them. So any etheric body blockage you deal with may or may not weaken an emotional block it may be tied to.

Since stress sooner or later shows up in the body as tension, releasing and cleaning up tension through persistent energy work may weaken an attached emotional blockage.

There are three problems with this approach:

* You cannot know whether there is an emotional attachment on a etheric body blockage. Sometimes a bruise is just a bruise. Large manifestations even in an adjacent energy body may not show up in the next, and the higher level one is more likely to affect the lower one than vice versa.

* You can with energy work like NEW clean up the etheric blockage, but not directly work on the emotional blockage, as the emotional body energy work (and those of the higher bodies) differs and is more subtle. So NEW should not in a direct and effective way deal with the emotional body.

* If you affect the emotional blockage the buried material may resurface and you must deal with it again. This is painful and resented by most people, but there is no easy way out. You must endure, accept and mature. Repressing and failing to release (not vent!) an emotion is what causes blocks. Emotions have to be faced in the long run or they manifest in sickness and neurosis.

The second approach is what Bruce Frantzis calls the "Inner Dissolvement Process", which I will describe no further here. I do not have experience with it, being not advanced enough in my training to deal with it, and it is an advanced or at least intermediate practise.

Let it suffice to say that it is a method to work with blockages in the higher, more subtle bodies directly - emotional, mental, psychic, temporal, causal and individual. It does so by employing the void of consciousness without content or collapsing a blockage into nothingness, leaving the internal meaning an issue has to you and then releasing it.

In fact this is what happens in many advanced stages of meditation practices: You encounter the void, and the encounter starts the (sometimes violent) release of your suppressed inner "demons". Then you have to face them down, accept and release what is within you, dissolve the ego and become enlightened. But it makes spiritual meditation hard and frightening to most people.

So emotional release is not easily attained, and not by simply applying NEW. But NEW or other energy work helps clean your first two bodies, stabilising and calming your nerves and basic life force, and within that calm you can find the strength, wisdom and endurance to tackle the rest.

Beware:
    But there is a difference between some emotional troubles which we all share more or less, and deep-seated emotional and mental troubles. If you think or fear you may have troubles of those kind, stay away from meditation. Go see a psychotherapist. Work on it the "soft way" before trying to tackle it with energy work, which can bring on and out more of the troublesome stuff than you can handle. This is no shortcut, at least no risk-free one.

I'm no expert on anything, but here's my opinion formed by my experience:

I think whether or not energy work can help emotional problems depends on the person, and the kind of emotional problem. For me, doing energy work has brought things to the surface and then were easily resolved without any creative effort on my part. I think my main problem was that I didn't really know what was bothering me, deep down, and once I knew what it was, there was no other obstacle. So, I think energy work is good for getting over the obstacle of not knowing where to begin.

There are other obstacles though, I wouldn't know how to characterize them. My guess would be it is worth focussing on how a person deals with trauma and drama in general. I think energy work did so well for me because I'm more of a left-brained, introverted person, I tend to respond to stress by trying to relax, focus, and think logically. I think that bringing things up to surface would be bad for person who tends to make things worse for themselves in a stressful situation: people who are abusive to themselves or others, addicted to drugs, people with less self-control, etc.

It is also worth considering looking at other avenues for resolving emotional problems instead of or in tandem with energy work. Eating right, exercising, fixing vitamin deficiencies, etc. can do wonders for a person's mental health, along with other parts of their health.