Speaking of Ed Leeskalnin I was just at the Coral Castle just a few months ago. I'd been there before but with an "ooh ahh" mentality. Let's just say that when I read about his life there, in his house, I wasn't that impressed.
As to what the astral is It's really anybody's guess. We tend to form theories about it but it's all they are. I favor the "we go quantum" and explore the gaps in between particle collapse when we go 'out'- based on my own romantic notion of what it's about. But I wouldn't go rejecting any theories on the basis of what I think 'theories of levels of being' are, because we don't know if the postulated branes exist or even if they do, how they manifest, even if the word 'manifestation' applies. I've heard about 11 dimensions, some curved so that photons can't travel out of them, and they're pinning the 'connection' on gravity as the possible interactiveness between hypothetical branes on the basis of it having to fit somewhere to create a unified theory.
So really, I don't believe or disbelieve anything based on what they know or don't know, I rather take on the position of an amused observer, and let the thinkers think.