Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Our many bodies....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Our many bodies....

Hi,

I am reading a book of Rudolf Steiner .."Karma" He is talking about that under the moon phase we had only 2 bodies...the fleshbody and astral body...then we evolved and did get our 3th body....the etheric one...the talk about pain body...dream body...and maybe there is other bodies what I have not head of...my question is... which body does the pain body and dream body be in??In the etheric or in the astral body??

Then he is talking about the Lucifer and Ahriman….they are also from the moon phase where they did gain their Powers from to penetrate our bodies so to speak….that Lucifer does temptate from the inner ways...and Ahriman from the outer….so as I did understand the book...it is these tamptations we are battling against to get more freedom.
    i.e as I understand the other as religions and other philosophies are saying to stay in asceticism etc to fight against the temptations….but why does no one talk about the mundane Life how to work with these issues??

Any ideas or thoughts??

Do we need to know about the history to understand our time or can as I have not read all these books about Blavatshy or others writes Platon etc...??
    I feel so stupid and therefore does not dare to partisipate so much because I do not have all the history or names of all kind of alteret states what they are called….I Think I am dyslextic and get so tired to read text....

Love
    ia
    Core Affirmation: I am loved and I am worthy,
    I am safe and I am free.
    I am powerfully protected.
    I am master of my body and ruler of my mind.
    By Robert Bruce

Re: Our many bodies....

Quote Originally Posted by IA56 View Post

Do we need to know about the history to understand our time or can as I have not read all these books about Blavatshy or others writes Platon etc...??
    I feel so stupid and therefore does not dare to partisipate so much because I do not have all the history or names of all kind of alteret states what they are calledÂ….I Think I am dyslextic and get so tired to read text....

Love
    ia

IA
    Re-read your quote you have below your posts by Robert.
    Read it and believe it of yourself.

The more I read the more I realise I don’t know. A lifetime of reading would not inform me of everything, but then it doesn’t matter. ( in my opinion) Also you can come across people who have read and absorbed all the information written and have a thorough understanding of something but are not nice people.
    Any challenges in this lifetime is exactly that- A Challenge- to be handled in the best way you can. It may be Karma, it may not be . Does it matter? It’s still a challenge.
    Be the best person you can be and when things don’t work out for you try to understand why they didn’t . You wouldn’t do that again and you’ve learnt from that. Move on.
    If by the end of a day you can reflect and say I have offended no one, I have tried my hardest in this situation , be proud and move on to the next day.
    Never Ever feel inferior. The real truth comes from within you when you can make that connection, not someone else’s opinions.
    My most precious information and advise has not come from books but from that small inner voice.
    For ever I'll remember.
    Dreams are the doorways to the heavens.
    Look into your eyes and I see mine.
    She is part of your deepest thoughts.
    The destination is not the importance, but the journey. What we do here leads us to our destination.
    ( my soul. )

It's a yes or no matter of fact really, for me - do you want more pleasure?

silly as that might sound pleasure is the human response to evil... so it's the most fundamental potent good in you.

Quote Originally Posted by olyris View Post

silly as that might sound pleasure is the human response to evil... so it's the most fundamental potent good in you.
    Thank you Olyris for your suport.

Love
    ia
    I am safe and I am free.
    By Robert Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by olyris View Post

Interestingly enough, pleasure has its own way of knowing everything. Cup coffee in the morning can change the theory from boredom to fun. I suppose we do what is personally meaningful, sacred to ourselves... and all the cosmic theories know all the chaos just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by susan View Post
    IA
    Re-read your quote you have below your posts by Robert.
    Read it and believe it of yourself.

The more I read the more I realise I don’t know. A lifetime of reading would not inform me of everything, but then it doesn’t matter. ( in my opinion) Also you can come across people who have read and absorbed all the information written and have a thorough understanding of something but are not nice people.
    Any challenges in this lifetime is exactly that- A Challenge- to be handled in the best way you can. It may be Karma, it may not be . Does it matter? It’s still a challenge.
    Be the best person you can be and when things don’t work out for you try to understand why they didn’t . You wouldn’t do that again and you’ve learnt from that. Move on.
    If by the end of a day you can reflect and say I have offended no one, I have tried my hardest in this situation , be proud and move on to the next day.
    Never Ever feel inferior. The real truth comes from within you when you can make that connection, not someone else’s opinions.
    My most precious information and advise has not come from books but from that small inner voice.
    Thank you Susan for your suport and reminder ….I have bean depressed for a long time...I Believe this is somekind of sumup ...old things ...I do know better...and the small inner voice have Always both helped and kept me sane….Thank you...again….….

Love
    ia
    I am safe and I am free.
    By Robert Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by IA56 View Post
    Thank you Susan for your suport and reminder ….I have bean depressed for a long time.….

Love
    ia
    IA, I just love co-incidences.

As I was reading your words written a message flashed up on the top of my iPad to show that i had received a Gmail. It was from the “ Matthieu Richard” website that I was directed to I think over a year ago when I was having trouble myself with the people around me. At that stage I wasn’t in control of my thoughts very well and people were really overpowering and causing me to loose the inner peace that I was striving for.
    He talks of how to control your thoughts and reactions.
    I receive monthly thoughts from his site.
    This is what was just sent.

Thought of the Week

Before wanting to take care of others, one must first be able to love oneself. Loving oneself is not based on a sense of personal debt for which one is accountable to oneself but simply on the fact that by nature we all strive to be happy and not suffer. It is only after accepting this benevolence toward oneself that it is possible to extend it to all others.

If there's a remedy when trouble strikes,
    What reason is there for dejection?
    And if there is no help for it,
    What use is there in being glum? . . .

Bodhicaryavatara: The Way of the Bodhisattva, op. cit. Chap. 5, verses 12-13, and Chap. 6, verses 1-3, 10, 22, 41, 107-8

You may find his website useful.

I just love co-incidences .
    For ever I'll remember.
    Dreams are the doorways to the heavens.
    Look into your eyes and I see mine.
    She is part of your deepest thoughts.
    The destination is not the importance, but the journey. What we do here leads us to our destination.
    ( my soul. )

Quote Originally Posted by susan View Post
    IA, I just love co-incidences.

As I was reading your words written a message flashed up on the top of my iPad to show that i had received a Gmail. It was from the “ Matthieu Richard” website that I was directed to I think over a year ago when I was having trouble myself with the people around me. At that stage I wasn’t in control of my thoughts very well and people were really overpowering and causing me to loose the inner peace that I was striving for.
    He talks of how to control your thoughts and reactions.
    I receive monthly thoughts from his site.
    This is what was just sent.

Thought of the Week

Before wanting to take care of others, one must first be able to love oneself. Loving oneself is not based on a sense of personal debt for which one is accountable to oneself but simply on the fact that by nature we all strive to be happy and not suffer. It is only after accepting this benevolence toward oneself that it is possible to extend it to all others.

If there's a remedy when trouble strikes,
    What reason is there for dejection?
    And if there is no help for it,
    What use is there in being glum? . . .

Bodhicaryavatara: The Way of the Bodhisattva, op. cit. Chap. 5, verses 12-13, and Chap. 6, verses 1-3, 10, 22, 41, 107-8

You may find his website useful.

I just love co-incidences .
    WoW..thank you Susan. Why not put a monthly Word out here for us to read??

Love
    ia
    I am safe and I am free.
    By Robert Bruce

Blog Entries

Hi Ia. Everyone gave some very good responses and I don't have anything substantial to add except one opinion.
    Steiner had his own religion, as do all of the other authors named. They lived in different times with different access to information, and there is no reason to assume "they knew more" than us. This is bringing us to new problems in the way people think, in my opinion.
    Sometimes it's good to know where ideas come from, to realize that they're not really anything 'new' or 'automatically correct'. I always do, because that is my way.
    But sometimes things are obviously incorrect, and you can feel them. I'm not a fan of Steiner, as you may have surmised, but I'm not a fan of practically anyone who uses religion to put down entire segments of the population.
    Cheers.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    Hi Ia. Everyone gave some very good responses and I don't have anything substantial to add except one opinion.
    Steiner had his own religion, as do all of the other authors named. They lived in different times with different access to information, and there is no reason to assume "they knew more" than us. This is bringing us to new problems in the way people think, in my opinion.
    Sometimes it's good to know where ideas come from, to realize that they're not really anything 'new' or 'automatically correct'. I always do, because that is my way.
    But sometimes things are obviously incorrect, and you can feel them. I'm not a fan of Steiner, as you may have surmised, but I'm not a fan of practically anyone who uses religion to put down entire segments of the population.
    Cheers.
    Hi CFT and thank´s for your input. Do you have some authors name you feel is decribing our evoution without any religion....as this Steiner is talking about when we where separated from the moon and sun...so you do not Think there is any truth to that decription of our evolution and how we become Earth beings??

Love
    ia
    I am safe and I am free.
    By Robert Bruce

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast