Sounds like a deja vu sort of thing?

I was wondering however of something bigger - a decisions, sometimes seemingly small, we make in our lives... and they then appear to affect totally our future!

Speaking of dreams, I had a dream about choosing a life partner 1,5 year ago or so. The dream was pretty dark; the small train (which often acts as a "way in life" in my dreams) was full of people, particularly young women. All of them had prices above their heads: some lower, some higher, to my surprise. There was one girl, out of the train, who hadn't any price, but now she was married with someone else (when younger, she was clearly in love with me, and I liked her, but never managed to get together). The message was obvious: I was to make a choice of a life partner - and at the same time the "price" I was willing to pay because of this choice.
The similar topic (but not with the same people) appeared a number of times later.

Recently I had another dream about the same topic - this time some male voice (which often appears shortly before waking up) was clearly asking me a question, making analogy to sport: "what league do you choose? 1st one is in Moscow, and you're going to regret that choice, or 2nd is in Italy, and it's going to be fine, for the year". I just thought it's not important, so was in the process of waking up and ignored it (and never liked the idea of "leagues" as it always seemed to be kind of unfair judgment), then this voice insisted: "This is a serious question! What is your answer?". I quickly replied then: "I'm not choosing a regretful way, ever". Then I woke up fully. The dream wasn't obviously a reference to a sport, but to people.

It's interesting in the context of what is actually destiny? What is "planned", and in what terms this plan could be described?