I don't know where this sort of post would belong, but some years ago I had a "life-changing" dream/astral experience, where I found myself in a yellowish cavern, sitting at the feet of a mantis-like Being (who seemed to be reclining against a sort of club-shaped object set in the ground) We had a long in-depth conversation about the universe, then a strange "cat" wandered in. It was larger than a normal cat, with startling green, oval eyes & fur that grew "crosswise". I love cats & as I stroked it I found that the fur could be stroked either up or downwards. ... There was also a "companion animal", a fairly short, rounded "snake" with tiny, perfect FEATHERS covering its body. As I was admiring them both, the snake rose up & struck at the cat, biting it in the back of the neck. The poor thing died in convulsions, & I was hysterically upset, wringing my hands & begging the mantis creature, "Please let me return to the real world, I can get a vet!" But the cat died, & I was distraught; I kept asking the mantis Being, "Why? Why?" It did not move a muscle, but gave the impression of a sardonic smile, & replied in my head, "That's just the way things are".

Since then, I have had many dreams of interaction with aliens - in a more recent one there was a "swarm" of small, squat hooded figures coming down a flight of stone steps. One of them took my hand & asked, "Are you interested in my people?" I replied, "Very." As I did so, I leaned down to his level, & noticed what seemed to be a "bolt" in his neck, & I exclaimed, "You're just a construct!" He reacted furiously & I awoke in a fright. . . .I'd appreciate any insight into these. . . . I have seen unexplained lights in the sky many times, but not a nuts-&-bolts UFO