Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: World businesses and the society designing

Re: World businesses and the society designing

Quote Originally Posted by olyris View Post
    Making up rules I think is technically called lying, politially, socially, economically... not the name of the game.
    The making up of the social, economical, political, and any other rules telling us when and how to do things is called... design.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC_sqi9oocI&t=60

Interesting is how the global economy develops... It seems to me like someone has predicted everything, and was prepared for events to happen.

What I observe is that there are less and less big players: the competion is now super-high, and the global corporations (conglomerates which should not be called "companies" because they do not follow the market rules that all the others should) take more and more branches. They "grab" more and more branches, starting from one, into a single "hands". Do they have a search engine? Now they are also ads company, space company, cars company, houses' aids company, mobile company, software company, hardware company, books company, medical company... that's just one company which started about 20 years ago. Or what do banks do today? Insurance? Technological solutions? Mobile? Commerce? Even, tv? Yeah, and more.

I talked to one bank employee*, he told me that only the biggest banks would survive, all the others are going to fall (see the propaganda?), or be acquired by the biggest players. For years I can see where does it go to: to a single organization telling people what to do, what to buy. Corporations are also more and more entangled with the politics: along with businesses going more and more into global economy, business, law and politics are not distinguishable from each other.

Automation and use of new technologies even increases this trend. For example, Amazon invested a lot of money in the cutting-edge automation systems in Poland in few recent years that Wetern world have little idea about. And the company doesn't stop there - they invest more and more in order to replace people with computer systems. (It would be probably not quite possible in the western countries to do so).

In short, I think that we are going now to see a total global monopoly we never saw in the whole history.

Can we do anything about it? Definitely.

There are types of work that will never be able to mimic by a corporation:
    - indivudal quality
    - non-automation quality
    - real personalization
    - high quality foods
    - personal service

These are just few general clues. But the most important is the main point: the economy is in a critical point in this time; we can choose a way where it would go to.

* Interesting thing is that this bank employee suggested that his bank, because of being one of the biggest players, is going to survive... but the irony is that shortly after he said that, the bank has been anonounced to be sold!
    Last edited by Antares; 16th March 2020 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antares View Post
    The making up of the social, economical, political, and any other rules telling us when and how to do things is called... design.
    Yes, "making up" of anything is called either lying or light - the latter has soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Antares View Post
    These are just few general clues. But the most important is the main point: the economy is in a critical point in this time; we can choose a way where it would go to.

* Interesting thing is that this bank employee suggested that his bank, because of being one of the biggest players, is going to survive... but the irony is that shortly after he said that, the bank has been anonounced to be sold!
    The idea that the biggest survive is called "brute force," while the idea that the most intelligent survive is called "religion."

Economy, is the other word for effortlessness - like I dunno, maybe everything is geared towards an intelligent brute getting his way. I hope not Satan!

Computers

My professional job is closely related to computers, at the moment at least. I must say I always was astonished by how much work can be done automatically, and interestingly most people are not quite aware of that, or they think it's difficult to achieve it. I use computers for many purposes, particularly processing the data, that I think are very useful.

I was imagining the world where no one needs to work, all could be done by automatic machines. Everyone could just do whatever he or she wanted to do: lay on a beach, go to woods, live like a primitive people, attend / live to / in a monastery, be creative, passive, active, travel, whatever... thanks to computers. This is what I was thinking of, and to a degree dreaming of.

However, I tend to ask myself sometimes: how much of work that we do, or delegate to computers, really matters?

Think of a civilization in a long time span, like in 2000 - 3000 A.D. What will really matter? Most of the jobs we have today might be really of no importance. Most of the habits and preferences that people have are... really, designed.

My view is, most of the civilization and economy - with billions of people working in different industries - are because... a need to work (to keep the economical system), and is pretty much useless in a wider sense. Do we need computers for any other purpose than as an equivalent to a precise telepathy?

Just the Hu sound.

Interesting facts about Google, and the true rules over the global nation - without much support and motivation from law to prevent it... and how the monopolist parctices are hidden.

In 2017 the company has blocked billions of ads and tens of thousands of websites and mobile ads. In 2018 the market leading web browser Google Chrome introduced a mechanism to block ads on the websites; Google is also an owner of the market dominating mobile OS system (Android). How convinient. Web browser and mobile devices are the 2 most common ways to access information today. It's interesting in the context that it's a well known fact that Google, a child company of Alphabet (in)corporation, is basically an ads company (most of their revenues come from ads), and in this way - in big part - controls this market by deciding who is allowed to earn on / put ads, and where to put them (Google itself) and deciding who is "suspicious", aside from the fact that there are tones of "anonymous" providers. While official reason is understood (preventing people from spam), the way it is done - by decision of one dominating company, not law - might be interesting in itself. So are we dealing with a free market or democracy? Not any more, I'm afraid.

Interesting read here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incorporation_(business)

Incorporation is the formation of a new corporation. The corporation may be a business, a nonprofit organization, sports club, or a government of a new city or town.
    And here: https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...-canada-218841

Google Is Building a City of the Future in Toronto. [...] It could be the coolest new neighborhood on the planet—or a peek into the Orwellian metropolis that knows everything you did last night.

If everything was smart first, human next I think it would be called simulated money.
    Other way around, world peace.
    Last edited by olyris; 27th May 2020 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by olyris View Post
    If everything was smart first, human next I think it would be called simulated money.
    Several years ago I had the following dream: I was on a railway station full of people, and saw a late train coming. People around felt relief that finally it came, but they were soon disappointed even more, because the train took only human-looking androids, which were treated now as first-class citizens, and not real humans. People had still to wait for a train to take them, and it didn't appear.

Now I just found out that Microsoft decided to make a bolt decision - to replace human journalists with the artificial intelligence equivalent: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52860247
    In the article above there is a link to another one stating the same about Google investing in an automated journalism: https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-40517420

Artificial society vs. Natural way

This perhaps qualifies to another thread https://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sh...society-thread
    But sometimes the subjects overlap - when the natural way is taken away thanks to an agitated design (i.e. propaganda, manipulation, education and control).

A human being is a product of chemical reactions, right? And whatever other chemistry we would add to it, it does not matter, we still are a product, right? So we can experiment on humans as much as we want to. Some experiments may fail, but it does not matter. There is no artificiality, some claim - all chemical elements are naturally existent in the environment, so we are not doing anything what so-called "nature" is actually not doing... Or do we?

Having this propagated paradigm in mind, people consider themselves as a design. They use synthetic cosmetics, artificial make-up means, etc. - because they believe now that they are designed.

Maybe after few centuries people would laugh when looking at the pictures of people in XXIth century just like people of XXIth century laugh at people's look few centuries before now.

"Nature made it wrong - human person should be perfect". Darwinian theory-based propaganda tells us that we should fix the nature's products: ourselves. And maybe even build a better human, making no mistakes: a human android.

As you see all around, these are the effects of these leading paradigms today. And you can build a really big businesses around one simple, propagated in schools paradigm.

Because, where fixing the nature's "mistakes" should end? Since we are just a sum of chemical elements?

This idea now led to another successful business: creating artificial people... I mean, plastic surgery.

If you asked a person 2000 years ago, when looking at those plastically modified people, he or she would be probably terrified and praying to all gods that something like that won't happen. But here we are, in the XXIth century, when in the plastic world, full of plastic everywhere - in vehicles, in houses, in offices, even for / in food! - the plastic society started to resemble more and more the ideas that they believe in: the artificiality, often denied.

The plastic society sees no boundaries in modifying the world, selves included... to satisfy their egos, as well as those who created these paradigms and propaganda.

So I'm asking myself, is there still a room for a natural philosophy, and natural way?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast