Thread: World businesses and the society designing

World businesses and the society designing

Are we truly thinking for ourselves? Or perhaps we are under a propaganda?

Is there a free market? Or is it rather an illussion of a "free" chances for anyone?

Are politicians objective, keeping away from the business? Or the opposite: they cooperate with business closely?

Can we see any sensible alliances for small businesses? Or real alliances are actually restricted for corporations?

How the business really works?
    And how does it affect our lives?

Does business role is to... design the society?

Don't think for yourself Ideas shared.

Fashion / Clothes / Gadgets business -> designing how we look like and what we buy

Where does come the fashion for the clothes?
    Can you notice that some famous people, like actors, wear some "fashionable" clothes shortly (max. few years span) before they are available in shops?
    Actors cooperate with a big brands and their advisors to alwayslook good. Their role is to "show around", having these brand new clothes on, often found nowhere, or just very trendy at the moment, widely promoted (not necesserily in a "regular" way).

The same about phones. I mean SMART-phones, of course (so that marketers were not feeling injured). Have you seen these amazing flashy new cell phones in the movies, or official stars events? Especially when the camera exactly showed them so that you spotted it? Well...

The designing of our society? What is meant by the "free" market?

Re: World businesses and the society designing

Beauty, beauty, beauty...

Quote Originally Posted by olyris View Post
    Beauty, beauty, beauty...
    Perhaps ego, ego, ego...
    Beauty is given by nature, and developed because of nature. When beauty lacks (I mean, when you think it lacks ), it "needs" to be replaced by something else. Hence "needs" arise, marketed and "targeted" to the previously designed ("prepared", "flavored" and "cooked") society. Ego is developed ("prepared" to growth, just like a seed) after birth in the society.

Ego for me is a really interesting subject. While beauty is the whole truth of everything, the attainment, the wise understanding, the secret of life, the eternal law... everything divine bears ego.

A lot of spiritual folks say "don't do ego" and I can see why... maybe only a fraction of people who understand can "win" - heroes, saints, lords, count here.I believe the operation is:
    step one: meditate on beauty
    step two: know thyself
    step three: win everything

Yes it is, very interesting. Ego is like a substance or tool or mind or a mathematical equation or money: it can do anything, can be used to anything, work in possibly infinite number of ways. Certain perspective narrows the possiblities, and causes ego to work in a very specific ways. Like a propaganda narrowing the egos of people, "bombarded" from a child with advertisements, movies, computer media, phones media, physical media and so on.
    Those who know this secret, "win".

Quote Originally Posted by olyris View Post
    step three: win everything
    The big businesses skip all the previous steps and go directly to the last one. They don't bother themselves about anything but winning...
    The most interesting question is: but winning what?!

Quote Originally Posted by Antares View Post
    The big businesses skip all the previous steps and go directly to the last one. They don't bother themselves about anything but winning...
    The most interesting question is: but winning what?!
    Game theory, I am told is the biggest degree opportunity at university. I have looked into it a bit on my own. Heaps of fun, no bad others, lots of good items and propects (hope), and guess what. People actually like it!

Winning for winning? Or is there a deeper sense...?

Like, perhaps, underlying fear... not enough resources... centralization of resources...and the Darwin's survival theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Antares View Post
    Winning for winning? Or is there a deeper sense...?

Like, perhaps, underlying fear... not enough resources... centralization of resources...and the Darwin's survival theory.
    I suggest that games are played by rules by people that want to play them, in a civilised world. Obviously, russian roulette and no option not to play, is a ridiculous world and one to escape. Being smart.

So, are you suggesting that people are actually bored, and make up their rules? Once my current boss told me such theory - that civilization needs these made up rules... Do we?

Not way. Rules are very definately sound and objective. Like the rules of chess. Making up rules I think is technically called lying, politially, socially, economically... not the name of the game.