Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why is age discriminated?

netzgewebe Guest

Why is age discriminated?

Damn Always the age, why does one has to be very old to spiritualy develop? I almost had OBE on my first time and i am 14 years old, not every one can say that! I can be younger, but what if my spirit is older than all yours? And is more mature? Why does physic age matter? In a post here, robert bruce said one would have to be 30 years old, that means i can't do it? Believe me, i realy want to! Please tell me, can i do it?

Tempestinateapot Guest
    Would you mind pointing me to the post that you quoted as being Robert's?

Anyone can develop spirutually at any age. If you consider being able to astrally project a sign of spiritual maturity, that is debatable. There are people who can project who don't believe in anything resembling "God" or the need for a spiritual path. There are people who are quite old in physical years who have the emotional maturity of a 10 year old. Everyone is different. Every path is unique. But, in many (not all) cases, having a few years under your belt in this lifetime can give a person a broader sense of the big picture. Not because they are smarter, or wiser. They just have more life experience.

Don't worry about it too much. Every phase of life has it's wonderful moments and it's not so wonderful moments. Just enjoy what you are experiencing right now. You're a lot further along than many people, just because of the kinds of questions you are asking at your young age.

What I remember hearing Robert Bruce say in an interview was that there were advantages to being young in that there is easier access to larger quantities of energy and you have not yet become as set in your ways as someone who is older. Thirty-something, for example. Aunt Clair takes it several steps farther, saying that each younger age group seems to have more spiritualy developed people, and that they are reaching much higher levels with less resistance because their bodies are developing under the influence of higher qualities and quantities of energy not previously available. From that point of view at age 14 you are already very old.

netzgewebe Guest
    he doesn't state's it, he just says age plays a role important, and 30 is... oh well check it: http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=2602
    Thanx both for clarifiring that and sorry for the typo in clarifiring

It took me a while to find it. The section is about being ready to consciously activate Kundalini. Elsewhere, in books on Yoga, I usually see a minimum age given of 18 for both Kundalini and tantric methods. Anyway, I thought I'd copy the section we are talking about:

7) In relation to item 3), at what level of development is one ready to undertake the exercises of Kundalini
    raising?

I am still pondering the question of this criteria. But a high level of development is most certainly required.

One needs a strong and balanced mind, and a balanced personality and
    emotions, and a reasonably heathy body. The demands of raising kundalini are
    great. Full power real time OBE or high level projection are very easy in
    comparison. So astral projection should, ideally, be mastered first. And
    mastering astral projection in itself is a good indicator that one is ready
    to raise kundalini. I think I just answered my own question.

However, some untrained people can OBE quite easily. So I'd say a
    combination of at least a trained mind (through yoga or similar) and astral projection ability would be a good starting point.

Age may play a factor, too. One may need to be at least 30 before this can be done. But I need to experiment more to clarify this factor.

Tempestinateapot Guest
    One thing I can say about Robert is that he is open minded. He is willing to consider other viewpoints and change his mind if he comes to a new understanding. So, it might help to see his writings as things he understood at the time of the writing. Rather than as rules that can't be broken. I think this quote of his (that Tom so nicely made available) kind of sums it up.
    But I need to experiment more to clarify this factor.

Blog Entries
    Here's more on the subject of Kundalini (specifically) by Robert Bruce.
    http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=2602
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

sash Guest
    It might be to do with the heavy energetic effects, as well as psychological effects of k. By and large most people don't have a lifestyle as a backbone for those effects until a later age. But I wouldn't let anyone else tell you that you 'can't' do something, I think you may find if you rush into it the process itself may halt for a few years and progress when it's naturally a more suitable time.

For the same reason young people are not allowed to drive. In general, they are not mature enough. Clearly a few 14 years olds are ready. Clearly some people are never mature enough to drive but society lets them anyway. Rules are general guidelines to address the majority of the population. Since there is no easy way to determine who is ready, age serves as a proxy.

BTW there is a difference between OBE and Kundlini in the maturity required to avoid high risk. OBE is relatively safe at all ages.
    Sin nada (Nothing is impossible)

star Guest
    Its not that anyone is saying you can't raise your kundalini at 14. Why not start doing Kundalini type meditations?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast