Thread: Strange dreams

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Strange dreams

Analysis of the dream...
    When interpreting the dreams I find most useful to watch the feelings and the context - before interpreting any details. The cross-board hanged in the cosmos and the cards were the context for this dream, which should be analyzed first in this case I think. So I try to not stop at stating that something is quite obvious, but - if worth - throroughly think it through to make sure I don't miss any important points.

The cross board, what does it mean? This may mean many things: a galaxy (with 4 corners), an ancient symbol (crosses or their variations), a specific qabbalah tree, a matrix for the universe at mental level (everything was in the dream made of thoughts), 4 world directions as I mentioned previously...

The cards, to which importance was put so much attention in the dream, could help in identifying it, so they also need to be well understood: their ressemblance to the oldest known tarot deck suggested both - something old or ancient, and the symbolic meaning. This makes things more clear to me: the cards are meant to bring the universal archetypes, suggesting that the board was a kind of structure like in the qabbalah tree. Cosmic mental sphere indicated also an universal (unrelated to a particular earth incarnation) meaning.

The fact that it was presented as a kind of game suggests some rules behind it - that need to be yet discover, and the game itself seems to be an analogy to how we function in the universe: not knowing the laws but discovering them in the practical (for ourselves) sense. Seemingly "win-loose" effect was only our interpretation, as the game was endless. However, the dream seemed to indicate what was the valuable result in playing so and attempting to "win": the development of our consciousness, which in turn helped playing even better.

Four corners of the board seem to me suggest that there are basically 4 "types" or "approaches" to dealing with the universe (represented by 4 elements). None of them is "better" way, but we may have a preferences to one, or a mix, of them. It seemed that left or rather "east" side (related basically in most cosmologoies to male energies) as a kind of energy, as "right" or "west" side was occuppied by a woman. So I'd say "east" side (probably mostly referenced to the air element) was mostly preferred by myself, since I started the play there. I didn't quite like the player at the bottom ("earth") in the dream,being quite obvious reference to materialism / possessing things, which was represented by the "queen" type of mentality. However, this was only my own view, and in the cosmic sense it may not have a pejorative connotation.

I had a feeling that the dream seemed to convey a wide idea on our existence in the universe, because somehow it felt very different from all the others - like I mentioned in the description, it felt very impersonal. The cards were representing some universal qualities, and the dream interpretation bounds to them. The weigh in the dream was also put on our abilities to manage our mind and consciousness, and how it affects "the board" - which is a reference to "framework" in which we operate, the structure of the plane or the universe.

The only card that I read also shines some light on what kind of concepts or achetypes the cards were about. Despite the fact that I know that in many ancient civilizations (like Mesopotamia) immotality was one of things the people were concerned with, I thought always that it has no additional meaning or importance: I just viewed it in a very practical sense. This is something I need to now re-consider where the universal value of immortality lays in. But obviously it's related to mastering the life itself, or mastering life alchemy in the cosmic sense.

The further interpretation is still in work.
    Last edited by Antares; 16th November 2019 at 09:33 AM.