Thread: Sulfur Powder, I need some advice before I take the plunge..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sulfur Powder, I need some advice before I take the plunge..

Aloha!
    I have just ordered 10 lbs of Sulfur powder from a fireworks website, and I was just pondering about how toxic this might be- to my body, IF I were to shower with it, put it on my skin? Does anyone have any experiences to share about soaking with Sulfur?
    -INhalation I know is Toxic. Especially when sulfer is burned.
    - drinking or eating sulfer, I assume to be bad for you.
    -So what about soaking in it? A nice hot bath?
    ANyone have any good comments- it would be appreciated. Thanks. Have a great day!
    "It's not what you're doing, It's how you're doing It."

Re: Sulfur Powder, I need some advice before I take the plunge..

Sorry to bump this old thread, but I stumbled upon this conversation and had to throw my experience into it.

First of all, I see a lot of sulfur fear here. From personal experience, sulfur cream will not hurt you. I used petroleum jelly and pure sulfur powder. Absolutely harmless, but it helps with mite infections and general skin health.

As to why is doesn't smell: the smelly sulfur things are compounds involving sulfure. Chemistry is weird like that. Put pure sodium in your mouth and it might explode. Breath chlorine and you are dead. But together they make table salt. Don't ingest sulfur as it creates compounds you don't want in your body. But sulfur cream is fine.

As you make it, just be sure not to fling it around in the air or mess with it near sources of heat or flame.