Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sulfur Powder, I need some advice before I take the plunge..

about the Sulfur....

-I just received the sulfur from UPS, that was really fast shipping. The sulfur does not smell like anything.
    -Isn't it suppose to smell like funky- rotten eggs?
    -I did not directly inhale the dust because the Material saftey Data sheet said it May cause a small cough -respiratory disturbance if mildy inahaled.
    -On the container it says it is: 99.9% Pure, Low Acid, Vulcanizing.
    --BUt then on the MSDS it says it is: Precipitated sulfur, sulfer flour, sulphur.
    - I tried to light it on fire and it did not ignight or burn. I think I may have to make my own fire works now. At any rate, I don't feel like I am at Danger with this stuff. It says it can be flammable when mixed with Air,,I hope I do not spontaneously combust......joking.
    ++++Does anyone know if this is the stuff RB is talking about or should I continue my search for some more stinkier sulfer????
    "It's not what you're doing, It's how you're doing It."

The stuff that Robert is talking about can be found in metaphysical stores along with the coals they burn on...I really don't think you should keep this stuff, and I don't doubt it could be explosive with contact to air. If you can send it back, please do.

I would really try cooking chopped garlic in a fry pan or burning garlic oil. I think that would work much better.

Please don't blow yourself up or anyone else....

Quote Originally Posted by Tom
    http://www.safe2use.com/safe-products/sulfer_cream.htm

It is actually good for your skin.
    Actually that site is talking about a commercial product that has sulfur in it & doesn't actually say it is raw sulfur, as well as the fact it is a creme.

This should not be taken as advice that sulfur in raw form is good for the skin.

Robert Bruce's advice is in regard to fumigating a room or house & has nothing to say about using raw sulphur on skin or as a bath additive. KM, nobody can stop you using the raw sulphur you've purchased however you want, but please don't go saying it was on the advice of RB or AD.

The MSDS shown should be enough to put you off doing the strange things you're planning with this substance. I'm not sure where you got the ideas youare wanting to try but I think you'd best put this down as an expensive lesson in finding out things before you commit money to them.
    Never doubt there is Truth, just doubt that you have it!

How difficult could it be to make your own version of one of those commercial products?

Or

For a purely energetic effect rather than a chemical one, what's wrong with putting the sulfer into plastic bags and then piling them on for a while?

Tom, I have no idea. Making the equivalent of the commercial product could be easy or impossible without a lab. I also don't know if simply having the sulphur present but wrapped up would have any cleansing or fumigating effects - unless it has some crystal-like properties, I would think not. RB's use seems to be relying on the vapours being inimical to the negs.

The point I was making is that KM is going 'out there' from what RB described & he should not be using RB's use as a platform to experiment with what may be a very dangerous substance in the ways he is proposing to use it.

I don't know where KM got the idea that something that acts like potent incense that cannot be breathed with impunity should also be useful in other ways, but I don't think a reference to RB should be even implied as justification.

There is no need to bash on sulfer, and Kashmirror was not the one who brought up Robert Bruce. This next paragraph is from the web site I listed:

"The volume of scientific studies on sulfur is enormous. It turns out that sulfur is the most complex element of them all. It is used in the production of sulfuric acid as well as gunpowder. Sulfur is the basis of all modem sulfa drugs. Some studies have shown it to have high anti-yeast, anti-parasite and anti-virus effectiveness. Sulfur was the chief antibiotic used in the U.S.A. until the mid 1900's. Every corner pharmacy sold the yellow powder for every kind of infection and skin irritation imaginable. Sulfur has been proven safe and effective by millions of people in dozens of countries over hundreds of years. Due to its accepted use, sulfur has received a FDA approval for the treatment of acne. It is time to re-introduce sulfur, an old remedy, forgotten only in the last 50 years."

Yes, we are talking about the element sulfer.

I wasn't bashing sulphur, but I will point out that millions of people swore by radium as well. The old US 'elixirs' were mainly based around cocaine & heroin. Just because masses of people took something doesn' necessarily mean it's good for you.

But I wasn't bashing sulphur. I was trying to ensure that a recommended use as a fumigator was not extrapolated into a possibly harmful practice. People have some strange ideas at times & we have no information as to where KM got the idea to do the things he mentions.

I realise he didn't bring up Robert Bruce but once it was mentioned I figured it best to clear up that one use does not imply another & RB only mentioned burning it as a fumigant & even there was careful to point out the poisonous nature of the smoke.

And the MSDS makes quite clear I thought that sulphur is not a chemical to take lightly.

violetsky Guest
    What you would have purchased would be a very pure form of sulfur. It would also be a very fine powder. Fire works require high surface area very fine sulfur and would be an inhalation concern.

Personally even as a chemical engineer (who has a former classmate who works in a plant that makes explosives for demolition in Quebec) I would not handle this. I far far prefer the red hot chili pepper idea (which I have used with good success). If you use sulfur see if an exterminator can do this for you.

If you still wish to do this on your own PLEASE read the Material Data Saftey Sheet that I provide on the link below before even considering handling this stuff. Get proper hand protection and a dust mask that will remove very small dust particles and understand you have to get out after ignition BUT you could potentially burn your house down if you do not know what you are doing and do not contain this chemical properly to avoid this fine powder from floating up as it burns and causing a fire hazard.
    http://www.hess.com/ehs/msds/Sulfur_6192_clr.pdf

Concerned,
    violetsky

what happened...

Well, thanks everyone for your advise and links, I'm sorry I didn't think I would cause so much commotion and I appoligize if I kept anyone too concerned. As for the firework sulfur powder that I have, Im going to try to return it, and if I can't- I'll try to keep it contained in a safe-cool place as suggested in the MSDS's I've read.
    BUt What I really Want to know- Is WHere to FInd the STinky -EGGY Sulfur??? I thought that's what I was ordering, and was looking forward to Fumigating my room with it. I believe the Stink will set me free!!
    I guess I'll have to just burn a really big bag of Chili peppers instead.
    I just REally Really NEED To GET RID oF THE NEG!!!'
    NOt- in relation to anything RObert Bruce has ever advised anyone to do:
    And Posionous or not, I still put the powered sulfer at the bottom of my shower- to see what would happen, and washed my feet- I did not get hurt and I got some sleep. I also, threw some powder at my radiator heater and it burned the sulfer, all that happend was that it smelled like I lit a fire-cracker off in my room. I won't do this again. And I'm glad It didn't flame up. You can call me on this- and now that I realize what I've done, I'm glad I still have all of my eye brow/ eye lashes. Tee hee hee, no more yellow pixie dust for me.
    "It's not what you're doing, It's how you're doing It."

*grins* OK the image of you standing there throwing dust at a heater both made me grin & made me shudder at the possibilities.

I think if you could try it the way RB suggests. But also if using it in the shower helped you, maybe try it some more, but keep it away from the sensitive areas of your body. I wouldn't risk the chance of it getting inside you or maybe burning sensitive parts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast