In brief, thoughts are responsbile at the end for the "life" energy to flow through our energetic and physical bodies. Thoughts are... patterns, and filters at the same time. They filter (and shape) life, i.e. ourselves, physical included (ilnesses included)! They are like "paths", allowing and / or blocking the univeral energy (called spirit by E. Cayce) to flow through.

It's interesting in the context of modern quantum physics researches, stating that there is no such thing as "static energy" - everything flows all the time, and the static form / shape is just an illusion of perception.

Blocking life (spirit) energy by our thoughts (which are in the primary charge if it comes to our physical living) causes us to live, or die! (And to die means actually to go through the illness, the state of broken thoughts / energies - and illess then appears to be just a result of certain energies involved in this energetic process).
So it turns out that our decisions - and our choices of how much to be aware and conscious of all of these processes and of the life and our thoughts - are behind everything what happens to us and our physical, energetic and any other body.

Therefore, I would say that:

Illness = state which teaches us what is wrong in our current thinking processes (practically speaking, where we need to exceed our thinking limitations and habits),
Feeling (A)Live = natural state where the filters (thoughts) are in the perfect alignment with the spirit(ual energy = life)
Will = amazing tool which allows us to go beyond any circumstances, no matter how far from perfect if properly used; i.e. overcome any difficulty or illness, possibly the closest "god-like" quality / ability
Imagination = the "playground" of richness of choices to be created and choose from - the better imagination the more choices (and more variety) you get
Intuition = a subtle addon to imagination causing it to gain a higher / better perspective (more spirit-infused)