Thanks a lot. Indeed it's a different opinion than most people would have about living, probably. It's always worth to share an opinion, particularly if it's different. Some things to consider.

My point of view is the following - refererring to your post:

People live actually very short time-span - I know from older people telling always the same: few decades seems like nothing, they quickly realize they actually start thinking more about closing death than actually living... Some may say it's enough, they may believe that maybe it should be even smaller - this is their (your) free will, of course. You can always force yourself to decrease the time you live on the Earth plane (by e.g. suicide).

But I can see a hidden fear in such approach. Life in whatever form should be treated as valuable. There is no coincidence in fact that every living being has an instinctive motivation to always survive. Suicidal tendencies are the product of human mental activity (not astral, or whatever else).

Suicidal tendency means shortening the life span. Why to live shorter?

If all people were all of a sudden to last forever, it's not a world I would want to live in.
Do you mean overcrowded planet? Well, if so, this also something that bothers me. Yet this is another subject. Taking responsibility for how many people are born each year is required anyway.

If you feel you have something valuable to do when living, it becomes obvious that you start to thinking of a longer life. Especially when considering the alternative.

Because the alternative to life is always illness.

I know no living person who would find illness to be something worth having (i.e. putting conscious efforts into being sick). Everyone wants to be healthy - and this simply means prolongating your life-span.

But I think it's not actually about the logical reasoning "why", the motivation might be placed deeper. Reasoning mind has a tendency to "reason" things that already exist inside us, on other levels of our consciousness. Like in the system of chakras (being actually the consciousness centers).

If we were really developed, we wouldn't have to go back to the astral afterworld through illness killing us - but just by a will. And this is probably what's going to happen ultimately on the Earth - when the consciousness is developed enough. That's why I'm not talking about medical solutions, but raising consciousness (spirit) here. It definitely won't be therefore available for all people - because raising consciousness triggers "side"-effects.