Thread: reality check technique (would this be feasible?)

brains_for_breakfast Guest

reality check technique (would this be feasible?)

I have thought of a potential reality check technique that should work regardless of what the mind would accept as being either a waking or dreaming experience; IE the mind might accept something as 'normal' while it isn't.

I have a theory, i'm not 100% sure, but the biggest difference between dreaming reality and waking reality, is that the imagination in the waking reality is sepperate, and the dreaming reality is not.

Therefore, visualizing something while doing a reality check, and being able to discern from what you see / experience and what you visualize, should be different.

I am going to experiment with this, but I would like some input from others on the feasibility or if you tried this and share their experiences.

Blog Entries
    I'm afraid I didn't understand what the technique is. Could you offer an example?
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

well, say in a waking enviroment, you could visualize something in your minds eye while you look around your normal surroundings. You have two' different 'pictures' being processed at the same time.

Or: you visualize something in your surroundings, like your couch, flouting. It wouldnt if you are awake.

Now if you are dreaming, I expect either to not being able to process two different things (your surroundings and your minds eye), or, whatever you are visualizing would 'bleed' into your surroundings.

It would be that imagination and surroundings should be sepperate when awake, while they would be the same when dreaming.

Yes, I've used this technique as well. Visualizing the changes that I want to happen in my dreams tends to be better at making them than just trying to use willpower to force them to happen. Waking life environments are less easily changed by trying visualize something happening. The important thing is to really expect what you are visualizing to happen. If you don't really expect to see it then even in a dream you will not make it happen and you would get a false negative from your test.

star Guest
    I was lucid a few nights ago. Even lucid I couldn't do energy work. The dream landscape became so real I thought I had woken up in the forest I was dreaming of, and spent the remainder of the dream. "Trying to get back to sleep." I had wierd vision though, fly vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom
    The important thing is to really expect what you are visualizing to happen. If you don't really expect to see it then even in a dream you will not make it happen and you would get a false negative from your test.
    That is a good suggestion I haven't thought of. Thanks.

ranlinra13 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by brains_for_breakfast

Now if you are dreaming, I expect either to not being able to process two different things (your surroundings and your minds eye), or, whatever you are visualizing would 'bleed' into your surroundings.

It would be that imagination and surroundings should be sepperate when awake, while they would be the same when dreaming.
    Well, I think that you are getting into some deep experiments. You may want to study the dream and sleep states. My boyfriend actually misses one of the sleep states (he had sleep study), so he does see both dream and physical reality at same time. This has proven dangerous sometimes.

Also, I was working on some dream experiments - ones with instantly manifesting things in my dream state. I was able to create 3 consiousnesses at the same time - two in different dream realities and on remaining in conscious - at times it was me sitting back watching three television sets.

When I work with this more, I could awake from dream state and see the portholes or connections between dimensions with my physical eye. Scientist admit now that there really is no matter - that everything is energy. So, ask with intent to see the energy of something in physical and not just the matter and the hard matter will start to dissolve into particles of energy which could be manipulated. And when I've come out of dream seeing a neg, I could see the same neg in my physical with my physical eye.

So, I don't believe there is such a wall of difference between dream and physical. But very complex matrix of our perception of realities and space.

Please keep us updated on your experiments. I'm very interested in your findings.

Thanks

I don't think this technique will tell you anything. With advanced lucid dreaming techniques, its very possible to generate multiple awarenesses (points of view) each with its own frame of consciousness. If you generate one in dream context and one watcher, the watcher can spontaneously create things while the dreamer has to follow the rules of the dream environment. Under good conditions, both (all) experience totally realistic sensory streams.

Its also possible to generate the lucid watcher awareness while awake.

With all these combinations, I'm not convinced the experiment will produce a definitive determination of what type reality you are experiencing.
    Sin nada (Nothing is impossible)