Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How Real Are Your Dreams?

FeroxSeraph Guest

How Real Are Your Dreams?

Ok, I haven't talked to many people about their dreams so obviously I only know about how my dreams are. In MY dreams I have had expirences like tasting my own blood & feeling wind, like when a truck goes by how it pushes you away at first & then pulles you back in. So the question is: How real is your dreams? Is this what everyone does when they dream?

Veles Guest
    My dreams are very real, but i've noticed that at least once every night i experience what i call "the moment of clarity" when for a few seconds one of my senses is being multiplied by 10. I may taste, see, hear etc something as if it was totally real. I may forget the rest of the dream when i wake up, but i always remember this moment of clarity.
    another weird observation i've noticed is that i may engage into conversation with a person i know, although this person doesn't look like the one i know, i still know who it really is. It sounds like a great "trigger" in a dream, but i take it for granted.

FeroxSeraph Guest
    I have a few where just one sense is there more than others, but in most of them all 5 are there for the full dream. It's glade to hear that other people can feel or taste things in their dreams too.

Veles Guest
    I have a few where just one sense is there more than others, but in most of them all 5 are there
    yeah, that's exactly what i mean

crappysurfer2 Guest
    many times my dreams are as real or more real than 'reality'

ranlinra13 Guest

How real is our dreams

I believe that our dreams are as real as our waking states. I believe that it is just a different dimension with different laws that bind that space. Like physical reality is based on laws - laws of gravity and so forth. I believe in this space the psychic mind is more awake and active, therefore manifestation is instant or almost instant there. A place with less limitation.

I believe that our dreams to affect our physical life in some way, whether direct or indirect. I believe that if you hurt yourself in a dream, you could awake with the injury. As I believe that you could receive a kiss in a dream, and feel the loving affects in your physical awake state all day.

Robert Moss's book Conscious Dreaming or Dreamgates is a good way to keep all the senses alive in the dream state.

I like how you to power over your dreams - after all you are the dreammaster of your own dreams.

chips Guest
    i believe dreams are as real as you and me.... when u "feel" or "Taste" something in ur dreams, its because that feeling is saved in ur subconcious. u can never feel something in ur dreams if youve never felt that sensation in real life.

me Guest
    It's a shame, when I wake up after a vivid dream - it is so blatantly obvious how the dream was formed. As in, there are small references to things that have occurred in reality. That's all it is, our brain sifting through the days sh*t. It is not another dimension.

ranlinra13 I believe you are confused, if you hurt yourself in a dream, you think that you will wake up with that injury? If that is so, then I would be hideously injured.

Quote Originally Posted by me
    It's a shame, when I wake up after a vivid dream - it is so blatantly obvious how the dream was formed. As in, there are small references to things that have occurred in reality. That's all it is, our brain sifting through the days sh*t. It is not another dimension.

ranlinra13 I believe you are confused, if you hurt yourself in a dream, you think that you will wake up with that injury? If that is so, then I would be hideously injured.
    Maybe you're not dreaming the same kind of dreams? Perhaps, Me, you aren't aware of your more astral dreams 7 only recall the event-processing where the mind takes the day's events & sorts & associates them for storing in the hologram?

Since my teen years at least, I have, on occasion, had very vivid dreams where the detail is rife. They stick in my memory because of that vividity. Up to a couple of years later I find myself in exactly that situation. Exactly! Detail for detail.

The most puzzling thing is that so far, they haven't ever been for anything dramatic - just day-to-day scenes that somehow are appearing a couple of years earlier than the event.
    Never doubt there is Truth, just doubt that you have it!

FeroxSeraph Guest
    Ok, so I have heard of astral & lucid dreaming. Like what are they?