Page 1 of 66 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 LastLast

Thread: Beyond Enlightenment. Warning...Not for Sissies.

Tempestinateapot Guest

Beyond Enlightenment. Warning...Not for Sissies.

The discussions about enlightenment seem to come up over and over. There are as many opinions as there are people. But, that's ok. I think that enlightenment is whatever you want it to be. Allowing other people to have their beliefs, and being ok with that, can be an important step in each of our evolutions. I haven't always believed this, and I haven't always practiced it. I've pissed off a number of people throughout my life, and in the last year on AD, by being narrow-minded and obnoxious about it (among other things).

In the last year of being on AD, my belief systems have been taken apart, re-arranged, turned upside down, put back together, just to come apart again. What was once unreal, is now real. What was once real is now unreal. It's been quite a ride. But, I wouldn't trade it for all the tea in China.

So, for anyone who cares (all 2 of you) here's how things stand now. Enlightenment isn't something you earn. It isn't something that you work for, strive for, have 1,000 OBE's, read Tarot cards, hang crystals, hold hands and sway in unison to achieve. It's much simpler than that. It's recognizing that you Are. You are God, you are the Source, you are the Everything, you are the I AM. Well, you and everything else. There is nothing that is not the Source. And, the only reason we are here is for the experience. We're not here for love, we're not here to live 1,000 human lives, we're not here for the hamburgers. We're here for the experience...period. That's it. That's all there is. Everything else is just icing on the cake.

So, if we are here only for the experience, that would mean that there is no right or wrong way to do anything. ANYTHING. There is no belief system that is right, and there is no belief system that is wrong. There is no act that is right, and there is no act that is wrong. And, love? Love is not the purpose. It is not what we are supposedly striving for. It is the outcome. It is what flows when you realize that you are already enlightened. Because there is nothing to judge, there is only You experiencing Yourself in all your many facets. Your creations. You love the creations, great and small, because they are You.

That's it. That's enligtenment. And, beyond? Well, there's anything you want. Have 1,000 OBE's, read your Tarot cards, polish up your crystals. Have fun, cry, argue with your neighbor, blissfully walk through a forest. But, don't mistake those for enlightenment. They are the experiences you've created, now that you are enlightened.

How enlightening...!

Seriously though, it's an interesting concept. I think I need some time to think it through. Seems a little anti-climactic.
    Never doubt there is Truth, just doubt that you have it!

Anyway, I had my hamburger earlier today (along with curly fries).

Perhaps you can share with those that want to know, what helped you wake up.
    Sin nada (Nothing is impossible)

Inx Guest
    that's really very simple, isn't it

as for myself, it didn't take too long to understand this. however something urges me to make sure, to witness it in some way, so I could be really confident in this. I guess it is the fear that urges me...

It is a good start to know this, but it has to be experienced directly many times until it can be lived continuously under any circumstances.

Tempestinateapot Guest
    wstein, I figured you would be the only one to get it. Fact is, I wrote you a pm, but ended up deleting it. I assumed you would be able to tell by reading my new posts. And, you did!

I have changed. Radically. I've flipped to the other side. It has taken a year, and it has taken a week. And, it has taken 52 years. I've been moving really close to this in the last year. Always peeking over the side, but not quite ready to jump. Because the jump means jumping into the Void. There is no metaphysical "practice" that you can do to achieve this. In fact, you have to leave your metaphysical practices by the side of the road, and recognize they are the last Great Illusion. The illusion is that any of this is real. The illusion is that there is any grand purpose to all of this. When you break everything down to it's core truth, there is no truth. There is only experience. I could go deeper into this, but I'm sure I'm pissing off a number of people by saying what I've already said.

I have killed the Buddha.

Blog Entries
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Tempestinateapot Guest
    Jman:
    Seems a little anti-climactic.
    It is. That's exactly why it seems that way.

Tom:
    but it has to be experienced directly many times until it can be lived continuously under any circumstances.
    If you have to keep experiencing it directly, many times, you haven't made it. You haven't killed the Buddha. Circumstances don't change it. You are enlightened or your not. No in-betweens. You don't have to live in bliss 24/7. That is another illusion along the path of zillions of illusions. You can eat your hamburger and fries, throw them up, be sick, be mad, be angry at the person who didn't wash their hands who made your hamburger. It's why we're here in this illusion. The experience. If you want bliss, have bliss. If you want a hamburger, have a hamburger. It's that simple. It's that profound. It's that anticlimatic.

Blog Entries
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

No wonder we cover it up with a game... (or games)

When I think of it as you say it, there's a thought hovering, deep inside - If I can find it I will let you know what it is. It kinda feels like 'that's almost it... or something similar to that feeling. Note I am not saying you don't have 'it' just that what you say is causing a tingle-thought way off in the background.

I'm at work so can't really give it the attention it needs to bring it forward.
    Never doubt there is Truth, just doubt that you have it!

Page 1 of 66 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 LastLast