Page 23 of 66 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 LastLast

Thread: Beyond Enlightenment. Warning...Not for Sissies.

Tempestinateapot Guest
    I did not really enjoy the Astral Pulse.
    Ok, that came out of left field. I don't recall anyone talking about AP. Unless you're assuming that's where Tom migrated from. From now on, Tom will be a bird in my head. Can't get that picture out.

I thought I'd step in here and do a little moderating thing. We are all entitled to our opinion, but Astral Dynamics doesn't encourage people to speak negatively about other spiritual forums. And, I'm not saying anybody did anything wrong here. I just don't want this to degenerate into a bitch session about other forums. But, you're welcome to bitch about me.

I'm hoping that Journeyman sees the post I had earlier on this page still. It got no reaction so far. The direct response to his post.

One of the things I like to do is to put food out for the birds. At first I could count them on the fingers of one hand, but now there are over one hundred every day and they eat about 6 pounds of seed every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom
    I think I've got it. Imagine your friends are setting you up on a blind date. You have a perfect description of what this woman is going to look like and they even told you a few stories about her. You might even have seen a photograph, but it was an old photograph and she is in a crowd of people. The point so far is just that when you do go on your date you will recognize her when you see her, but so far you haven't really met her yet. After you have met her in the restaurant you will find that it is much different in person. Let's skip over a few steps because this is a family forum, and now you're fully committed: you've married her. That's a much different situation than back when your friends were at the "I've got an idea ... wouldn't they be good together?" stage. The comparison works even better than I first realized. Everyone knows that men go into relationships expecting to stay the same and the women are already thinking about the alterations they are going to make from the beginning.
    Nice analogy... but I was hoping that realisation would bring some change to my situation some time before it became as comfortable as old shoes...

It's a bit disappointing to struggle through years (decades) of destructuring the belief systems & coming to a new viewpoint to find it doesn't change me. This 'marriage' just ain't all it's cracked up to be. :grin:
    Never doubt there is Truth, just doubt that you have it!

Tempestinateapot Guest
    It's a bit disappointing to struggle through years (decades) of destructuring the belief systems & coming to a new viewpoint to find it doesn't change me.
    What? You were expecting to become an avatar? This is my theme, here. You don't have to beome one to be enlightened.

I was browsing another metaphysical forum, and was rather startled to see so many posts about becoming perfect. That's not the word they used. It's all wrapped up in rainbows and pretty pictures, but that's basically what everyone thinks is the end goal. How you must have Christ Consciousness, feel love for everyone, become a better person, act like Jesus, etc., etc. The startlement was because I was seeing how I used to write posts. Now, I see the futility in working towards perfection. Not only is it unattainable as a human (name one), I don't think it's the purpose. But, it can, and probably is, the outcome. Letting go of the need to judge yourself, things, and others has a strange effect of making you a better (ick) person. Better is such a loaded word. Accepting is really the only word that comes to mind.

Well I understand yoru PoV - we talked it over early in this thread. But even so I have this drive that doesn't seem ego-driven, but rather seems to be basic to me, to the being I am.

It has driven me all my life & rooting out the beliefs & expectations of early life, demolishing the systems of thought I was programmed with, none of these have altered the basic drive & have actually strengthened it.

Events of a year or so back brought it fully to life, altering what was a unfocussed desire & dissatisfaction with life into a clearer idea of what it was I'm meant to be doing & then the culmination of those events removed the immediate possibility of fulfillment.

I don't expect to be perfect, nor to love everyone without reservation, but it would be nice to find the path that allows me to get on with why I'm here at all. Somehow, even though I have come to very similar views to those of TiaTP, I just can't see my next step being just an acceptance. The feeling is more like I've been sitting on my bum for waaaaay too long already & I am past due for getting on with'it'
    Never doubt there is Truth, just doubt that you have it!

Tempestinateapot Guest
    I have this drive that doesn't seem ego-driven, but rather seems to be basic to me, to the being I am.
    Did it occur to you at all that the "drive" could be just to experience? I mean, how many possibilities could there be for an end goal? It seems to me there's likely only 2 choices...to merge totally with Source or stay in the illusion of separateness to experience. With the likelihood that the experiences would get grander and grander.

I'm starting to really doubt intuition. That little "knowing" thing that everyone claims to have (including me). There are just too many people "knowing" things that are completely opposite. People talk about their "guidance" like it's something all of us should accept and believe without fail. How many times has your intuition been wrong? The hits are always firecrackers and bottle rockets. It's because it's exciting to get something "right". But, how many times has that intuition lead you down the wrong way? Most people don't want to admit that. I've had some really big intuitions that turned out to be just my ego's imaginings. So, I've started a new policy. What do I know for absolutely sure? Pull out all the hopes and dreams, the beliefs, the intuitions and what's left? I exist. That's it. All the rest is speculation based on emotions. And, where do emotions come from? The ego. The most temporary thing on the galactic playground.

So, for me, wandering around without a belief system is a wonderful thing. Honestly, I find my beliefs can change as fast as reading one post or book and then reading another that says something different. The more I let go of attachment to beliefs, the faster things seem to change. It's rather exciting and freeing. I don't feel so bogged down or feel the need to convince anyone of anything. Yes, I still do that. Duh. But, I'm doing it less often every day. And, I can look at other people with a kinder eye. The best part is that I can look at myself with a kinder eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempestinateapot
    Even Jesus failed. If he asked God why God had forsaken him on the cross, then at that moment, Jesus didn't get it right. God is everything and cannot forsake Itself. So, maybe Jesus came back in another lifetime to make up for that one blunder?
    Rumor is that there will be a second coming. He seemed so close the last time but alas
    Sin nada (Nothing is impossible)

Quote Originally Posted by wstein
    Even Jesus failed. If he asked God why God had forsaken him on the cross, then at that moment, Jesus didn't get it right. God is everything and cannot forsake Itself. So, maybe Jesus came back in another lifetime to make up for that one blunder?
    Rumor is that there will be a second coming. He seemed so close the last time but alas
    What I heard was that Jesus was quoting from Isaiah again, and that he did it a lot. Checking on that would take too much effort because I'd have to actually read that section of a Bible.

star Guest
    So, for me, wandering around without a belief system is a wonderful thing. Honestly, I find my beliefs can change as fast as reading one post or book and then reading another that says something different. The more I let go of attachment to beliefs, the faster things seem to change. It's rather exciting and freeing. I don't feel so bogged down or feel the need to convince anyone of anything. Yes, I still do that. Duh. But, I'm doing it less often every day. And, I can look at other people with a kinder eye. The best part is that I can look at myself with a kinder eye.
    It makes energy work much more open to different things that way.

Also, I'm not sure that Jesus even existed, so a second coming might not be possible huh?

Blog Entries
    Depends on what version of that scene you read, since there are more than one. In my favorite, he says "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do." So there's one for every philosophy.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Page 23 of 66 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 LastLast