Thread: Mind split

snick Guest

Mind split

I'm having a hard time with the mind split effect and shadow memory recall. From what I understand you get to the vibration stage, exit, return. When you return is when the memory of your trip is downloaded. At first I thought there would be a time frame after the vibrations that you would have to wait until your reflection returned so you could remember the experience. I understand now that keeping the mind clear of all thought would allow this to feel like a continuous state of consciousness.

I also remember that Robert explained he found the mind split effect from failed projections (or what he thought as failed). He projected, continued consciousness in his physical body, saw his reflect/projected self and then remembered both sides of the experiences after his projected self returned.

A few questions really. Which one is the real conscious mind or can you have more than one?

If you keep conscious in your physical then how can you control your projected double at the same time? It seems that if your conscious mind isn't with the double (exact copy) then it would just be a dumb copy of you.

They say you should keep it quick your first time out. Do you just have to instill the idea of returning early into your mind before projecting? Should you use affirmations to do so?

Has anyone here experienced this also where they had to wait or didn't remember their projection until after the shadow memory download or is it just a continuous experience. Was there a gap between vibrations and remembering?

It's a hard concept for me to grasp. I always had the idea that you only had one single consciousness.

Rhone Guest
    I think you may have misunderstood how it works. If you have projected without transferring your consciousness to the projected double, then you are not likely to be able to get any memories from the projected double when it returns.

When you return to your body after a projection, your memory of the projection is a lot like the memory of a dream. It is suggested that you keep your first projections short so that you can remember the experience as well as possible. In a longer projection, it's very easy to drift off to sleep and then, even if you transferred your consciousness properly and had the experience, it will be like a distant dream when you wake up. But if you didn't transfer your consciousness and you're not having the experience of the projected double to begin with, then you are most likely not going to have any memory of the projection at all.

As for how consciousness works, and to what extent your body is conscious while you're experiencing a projection (or how conscious your projected double is when you're stuck in your body), your guess is as good as mine. The only thing I have to go on is the anecdote in Astral Dynamics that you referred to.

Blog Entries
    snick wrote:
    If you keep conscious in your physical then how can you control your projected double at the same time? It seems that if your conscious mind isn't with the double (exact copy) then it would just be a dumb copy of you.
    Because your consciousness doesn't control your energy body. If anything controls it it's your subconscious, but it's not 'control' like your conscious mind would do it, since it has no discriminatory powers. It's like breathing- you do it without being conscious of it, but can apply conscious awareness to it and then change the rhythm, for example. Projecting is mostly an unconscious process- our minds do amazing things withour our conscious awareness of them.

As to memory: For me it's been a continuous experience, but sometimes when I actively try to remember things will come back to me, like a dream you have half-forgotten.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

snick Guest
    CFTravler and Rhone,

Thanks for shedding some light on this for me.

snick Guest
    Shhhh it's a secret... I have a headset that can do meow recognition so I don't have to type.

I'd have thought those itty-bitty claws would be purrfect for typing...? :grin:
    Never doubt there is Truth, just doubt that you have it!

WHop Guest

memory

I have two questions well sort of questions:

1. I try to invoke projection, but I always fall asleep. However, I have a friend who says I astral alot and says I'm better at it than he is. But my problem is I never remember it at all or remember leaving my body in the first place. Also nothing he describes that I do in astral accures in any of the dreams I have.

2. My friend says that he's seen a purple fox with black wings while in astral, and its been on more than one time. One of the times he said it was guarding my body. Other times he couldn't find my body but ran into the fox. He says I'm powerful enough that it could be my astral body form. Reason why is he told me this right before I told him my favorite mystical animal and my aura is dark purple (some else told me my aura) like the fox's. Also my personality is like a fox. I was wondering if any of you have heard of any such thing as I metioned above??

Please don't think I'm crazy about this, I'm only going by what my friend tells me. I'm giving him the benifet of the doubt, since we've practiced other psychic abilities before.