View Poll Results: What age do think children should be indroduced to the human energy body?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • from Birth

9 47.37%
  • 5-10yrs old

7 36.84%
  • 10-15yrs old

3 15.79%
  • 15-20yrs old

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: For the Children

Excaliber Guest
    What I would focus on rather is extra sensory perception and dreams. If I'm not mistaken, kids have all kinds of abilities until around age 5. If you nurture these abilities, help them memorize their dreams, etc, you can save their "psychic potential" ; then, when they're a bit older, you can introduce them to energy work and the like, let them choose if they want to do it.
    i agree, children should be tought these things also. They are all related. I know our childrens schools are a long ways away from incorporating such topics into a completely valid program but I was mostly just ranting in my initial post. i know it might never happen and i think thats sad. But if you are taught the physical biologial anatomy of the human body, why not the entergetic anatomy. If you are taught basic history, why not basic mobile body awareness and ect. I know that a lot of opinions differ on "spiritual" matters and even their validity. so it would be a huge debate as for as to what should be taught but thats why i love Robert Bruce's work on these subjects and how he obtained such information and even better is that his NEW isnt steeped with "esoteric " or "occult terminology. Its based on trail and error and it is put into plain english. Through NEW or some other energy development work, ESP and clearer dream recall WILL occur. I was force fed math when i was a child and hated it, now i think its a beautiful thing. Basically all i'm trying to say is that this sort of thing should be required learning just as much so as my"Home economics" class was in highschool, it should be introduced with the basics at a young age, with the option for further more advanced stuff as the child grows older.

Blog Entries
    I know that a lot of opinions differ on "spiritual" matters and even their validity. so it would be a huge debate as for as to what should be taught
    Exactly. It goes to the separation of church and state. I do know spiritual practices are different from religion, but once you get the government something to say about this, you have no control over what they are being taught. My son, for example, has been probably projecting for a while, and I have taught him meditation, basic NEW, and lucidity training. But I do this with his understanding (VERY IMPORTANT TO ME) that he always feels completely safe and learns how to get out of situations without being threatened. I don't trust any kind of system in which I have no control to do the same, so I would wait until he's old enough to learn the difference between an objective experience and a subjective one.
    One example I would give (in real life) is: My son just informed me that they have an UFO section on his school (elementary school) library, and he has just been reading the gory aspects of what happens with alien abductions. Having been an experiencer of sorts myself, I was upset because he is already being taught fear on a subject that he may (or may not) have to face in the future- and I feel that the way I was going to introduce him to the subject, the choice on how to do it, has been taken from me. Now I have to be extra careful how I react if (and when) things happen, because of the fear feedback he is going to get from me.
    That's just one example.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Excaliber Guest
    I was upset because he is already being taught fear on a subject that he may (or may not) have to face in the future-
    I remember when i was first learning to meditate, my dad had tons of old books in our garage, and i found one titled "How to meditate" (written in the seventies i believe). within the first couple chapters it stated something like "if during meditation you feel any kind of tingling sensation, stop imediately because this is evil". I'm glad my B.S. Radar had been installed correctly because according to that book i was having "evil" symptoms daily. That of course, just goes to show that opinions can very to the extreme. That is also why Facts and opinions must be seperated when it comes to teaching our children. Children can take the opinions of those adults that surround them while gowing up and in their adult life those same said "opinions" have become facts in their mindset.
    My son just informed me that they have an UFO section on his school (elementary school) library, and he has just been reading the gory aspects of what happens with alien abductions.
    and as i'm sure you know, the fact is there are good "UFO" stories and bad ones. I am against, just as you, having gory abduction stories in elementary school libraries but since your son has already been introduced mabye a dose of "good" stories are in order.

Blog Entries
    We're working on that.

Rhone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    Exactly. It goes to the separation of church and state.
    Ah, you beat me to the issue I wanted to bring up, CF. I support separation of Church and State and I don't want schools pushing the local popular organized religion on my future children. I would hence have to consider myself hypocritical if I wanted schools to teach even spiritual beliefs I agree with.

And, while I know and you know and we all know that the energy we're working with is real, we have to accept that it still falls under the realm of spiritual beliefs--at least until scientists have a tool that allows it to be empirically studied, and have the cojones to admit they've been wrong all this time (well, they won't--they'll just use their own terminology for everything and pretend it has nothing to do with our silly New Agey stuff). Excuse my run-on sentence.

There is one thing I can think of that I think would be appropriate for children (in the sense that they'd enjoy doing it and would be unlikely to hurt themselves with it), and would be appropriate to do in schools (as it's fairly well validated scientifically, even if scientists like to explain it away as a function of blood flow and stress relief). That thing would be some form of active (i.e. involving body movements) Yoga or Qigong. Nothing overly complex or strenuous, just a simple series of exercises adapted from Qigong or Yoga that the kids could do in gym or even in the classroom once per day.

Beyond that, I want to be the one to decide what my (future) kids learn about energy work, and I don't want my decisions to be imposed on other parents.

Excaliber Guest

Blog Entries
    is there any reason why anybody wouldnt want they're kids to know the truth?
    Because everybody has a different idea of what 'truth' is, and when it comes to 'spiritual belief', I don't want someone else deciding what 'truth' is and then force-feeding it to my child. I already am having to deal with western society's concepts of original sin, the devil and absolute evil programming that children routinely receive through TV and religion outside of the school, I don't want to have to consider raising my child as constant deprogramming from the crap they are fed if religious instruction is legitimized in the school systems.

Excaliber Guest
    I already am having to deal with western society's concepts of original sin, the devil and absolute evil programming that children routinely receive through TV and religion outside of the school, I don't want to have to consider raising my child as constant deprogramming from the crap they are fed if religious instruction is legitimized in the school systems.
    Thats kind of what i'm talking about. i apologize, i'm not coming across very well here.

*Excaliber slowly backs away. looks both ways, crosses the road, takes off running*

gains 12 experience points

Rhone Guest
    CF expressed my view better than I would have, so I'll leave that part out.

To clarify what I said about Qigong/Yoga... yes, I know that they are systems of energy work and there are spiritual beliefs involved. I was not suggesting that schools should teach the metaphysical aspects of those practices. What I was saying is that modern science has been forced to accept that there are health benefits to the exercises in those systems, even if they insist on those benefits being purely physiological.

So, I was suggesting that schools could have kids do a short and simple series of exercises, like these, and that it could be legitimately presented as a way to reduce stress and improve mental clarity. Kids would benefit from it without having to hear anything about the qi involved.

Of course, I want MY future kids to learn about qi/energy/prana/whatever, but I would like to be the one to decide when they learn about it and how they learn about it. I'm happy teaching them myself. Schools don't need to be teaching that, just as they don't need to be teaching our kids that the earth was created out of nothing 5000 years ago and God just puts dinosaur fossils in the ground to confuse us. The fundamentalist Christian parents can keep that at home and in Church--and away from my family. And in turn I'll keep my spiritual beliefs, which the fundamentalist Christians view as Satanic, in my home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excaliber
    *Excaliber slowly backs away. looks both ways, crosses the road, takes off running*
    Aww. Don't feel bad, we're just approaching it from different perspectives. I agree with you that it would be great for children to start learning about energy. I just think the onus is on those of us who do energy work to teach it to our kids ourselves.

Why wait for a baby to be born to start sending energy?

Teaching children to think is what school is for. Why not get them started with games like that biofeedback one Wild Divine?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast