Thread: Just started NEW

Blog Entries

Just started NEW

I've just started practicing NEW today, and I have a question.

Basically, I'm working on my thumbs to start with, and I've been trying to get the hang of it all. I found that when I did the circular movement on my thumb joint, I could feel an ache on the inside of my wrist, near the thumb joint. And when I did the brushing movement on my thumb (from the thumb joint to the nail), I felt an ache on the top of my hand.

Is this normal and to be expected? I didn't feel any tickling or tingling, buzzing or any of the sensations that RB described in his NEW ebook. In fact, I only felt this ache after a few minutes, not right away. I'm just concerned that it might be just a normal ache, unrelated to the NEW, or if I'm not doing something correctly.

EDIT: I've just done some more work on my thumbs, and felt some fizzing in my thumb joints. So hopefully that's from the NEW.
    AKA Silver Firefly — If I had to reincarnate as an animal, I'd choose to come back as a bonobo.

~ Manipulation is a tool that's too often abused.

Excaliber Guest
    From my experience, when all i felt was an ache while working on one of my primary energy centers, it was most definetly a blockage. with persistance it turned to bubbly warmy goodness. Also, although i was working on my navel, the achyness covered my whole abdomen area before it got better. the pain wasn't as localized as where as my awareness actions were directed. hope that helps.

asalantu Guest
    I had not symptoms like that when I try stimulation of secondary centers at early stages of NEW training, but Excaliber opinion matches well with RB explanation and such ache is related to development of energy body at area exerciced.

Although I'm proficient in splitting conciousness in four, when doing energy raising along my legs, to date no sensation like water running inside bones is evident.

To date, my only difficult ache related arises when trying to project out of body I experiment a hard headache and a sensation like my head go to explode. RB explain that as brow (and crown..?) center development.

Sincerely,
    Ángel

Blog Entries
    Hmmm I didn't see anything about aches in the section that I was reading of the NEW ebook. Or maybe I missed it.
    AKA Silver Firefly — If I had to reincarnate as an animal, I'd choose to come back as a bonobo.

asalantu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemma
    Hmmm I didn't see anything about aches in the section that I was reading of the NEW ebook. Or maybe I missed it.
    Anyway, Gemma, RB encourages to overlook such problem and proceed with center stimulation of next finger.

Sincerely,
    Ángel

Blog Entries
    Well I did, this was with the right thumb, so I moved on to the left thumb. Eventually I felt a fizzing sensation in both thumb joints, after I posted this thread.

asalantu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemma
    RB frequently makes reference to ache surges. Too, he makes reference to pains (pains is a word synonim of ache, if the case is you aren't english speaking individual). At testimonials provided by test individuals they make, too, reference to aches/pains.

Be patient, Gemma, and read tutorial thorougly; you'll find such references.

Sincerely,
    Ángel

Blog Entries
    Firstly, I know what aches and pains are. English is my first language in case you haven't noticed.

I'm aware he mentions aches but my concern was that the aches weren't at the site where I was working on. they were in a different place... i.e. not in the thumbs... they were on my wrist and hand. That's why I wasn't sure if they were related to the work I was doing. And there were no mention of aches in the actual section (chapter) I was reading (where the particular exercise I was following is found). In previous chapters he mentions them (although it didn't really answer my question so I posted to clarify).

Blog Entries
    It could be reflexive. Our body has (physically) connections between body parts that are not apparent. There was a german doctor that discovered this in the middle of the twentieth century (whose name escapes me at the moment). Dollars to donuts it has to do with the energy meridians of the body. Another peculiarity of our bodies is when you do something on one side of your body and you feel it on the opposite side. So it really doesn't surprise me you are having sensations (albeit painful) on parts that are adjacent to the ones you're working on. They may be 'downstream' of where you're working. I certainly wouldn't worry about it too much. Try gentle massage where it hurts and see if in a few days it dissappears.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    It could be reflexive. Our body has (physically) connections between body parts that are not apparent. There was a german doctor that discovered this in the middle of the twentieth century (whose name escapes me at the moment). Dollars to donuts it has to do with the energy meridians of the body. Another peculiarity of our bodies is when you do something on one side of your body and you feel it on the opposite side. So it really doesn't surprise me you are having sensations (albeit painful) on parts that are adjacent to the ones you're working on. They may be 'downstream' of where you're working. I certainly wouldn't worry about it too much. Try gentle massage where it hurts and see if in a few days it dissappears.
    That makes sense. Earlier (after I posted my last post), I experienced brief aches and jabs in my left shoulder while I was working on my thumbs. The aches in my hands were short-lived though.

Thanks for your insights.