Liquid (dancing) means to body awareness…

I’m just curious if anyone with experience could offer an opinion.

I’ve been a part of the rave scene for quite a while, and a common form of dance we do, is called “Liquid”. It’s a progressed by-product of a form of break dancing; popping and locking.

I’m sure everyone here has witnessed it at some point. It’s the way they dance where they move a mental ball or wave through their body. To do it, you imagine a force going through you, and you push and pull it. They describe it much better at Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_dancing

Taken from there:

Contours
This technique entails the hands following exactly the outline of an object, real or imaginary. Most commonly the hands follow the outline of one's own body.

I’d like to say that I’m very good at it, with years of practice under my belt. I can mentally feel the force I push through my body while dancing, without dancing or moving any part of my body. Now, I can almost…almost, practice dancing without moving my physical body, and just practice the steps in my mind.

Watching in awe at people who are good at it, I’ve always considered a possible “spiritual’ application to it. It is simply amazing when someone is very good at it.

Anyone think this could be a good way for body awareness? Maybe just dancing in general? Maybe other forms of exercise or recreation that could supply some body awareness?

Thanks!