Thread: Tension troubles

yormie Guest

Tension troubles

Hi, hopefully this is in the right forum!

I've done a little meditation and energy work over the past few years but i'd really like to start doing it more often. I feel i need to get past this issue before that can happen.

My main problem is that i have trouble with tension. Whenever i focus on a part of my body for more than a few minutes it begins to tense and feel uncomfortable. It seems almost like awareness = tension for me. When i am doing energy work it is the same issue. I stimulate energy fairly well but if i stay on a certain area of the body it will soon tense up.

Any help would be really appreciated .

Kev

It sounds like the kind of thing that would be a temporary effect, but temporary can be weeks or even a couple of months. If you change the way you focus on an area you might have longer to work on it before the tension starts. Have you tried working on a wider area at a time, or doing the energy bounce type techniques rather than holding the energy still?

yormie Guest
    Hi Tom, thanks for replying so quickly...

i feel like its more tricky than that unfortunately. To the extent where tonight, trying to dodge the problem, i was imagining the Om sound (just mentally hearing it) as a meditation technique and my throat began to feel tense after a few minutes. It seems like i have a real issue with it.

Im not even overly concerned about developing my energy body at the moment. I'm looking at this from more of a meditation angle (sorry for not being clearer there) I just want to work through this problem with tension as its holding me back so much.

I WILL try the full body energy body bounce though out of curiosity to see how i react to that. Thanks for your thoughts.

Kev

Actually, meditation is more my preference than just energy work to raise energy. I think there is value in just doing energy work, but improving the quality of the one who does the energy work is more important to me at this time.

Instead of using Om how do you feel about the other seed syllables (Lam, Vam, Ram, Yam, Ham, Om, Ah ... 1-7 in order)? The reason why the base chakra is called base is because it sets up a foundation. Tension is a way of holding on when you feel like you are about to slip and fall. I bet that if you start at the base and give each of the syllables a couple of minutes on your way up to Om and then Ah, it would lessen the symptoms. You might even find that you really respond strongly and positively to one of the others.

Blog Entries
    The problem may be with the kind of focus you maintain.

A narrow, laserlike focus of attention can bring on tension. Energy work can make you feel tense, blocked, etc. if you do not know what state you are in and what you do want to achieve.

One scenario is you are intently trying to focus on an area, drawing Chi there. After some time, because you draw Chi instead of circulating it it will stagnate, causing discomfort and tension.

The second scenario is that you have strong blockages. First you settle down some minutes, get a feeling for Chi, and when you feel the Chi, you feel how it's blocked by a blockage. Blockages can induce feelings of pain, tension, strength, etc. Since the awareness of Chi builds from the start of the session it could explain that you start fine then "hit a wall".

Both can actually be true - so focus on getting Chi somewhere and then again somewhere, shift the place of focus when the tension arises. This may "accidentally" alleviate both possible causes - focus switching induces circulation instead of stagnation, and inducing circulation may clear blockages.

Nnonnth Guest
    I had major problems with tension to start with. For what it's worth, here's my opinion:

1. You are already quite advanced spiritually in one of your nearer higher bodies.

2. The 'tension' as it spreads will turn into the pre-OBE vibrations.

3. Don't use the laserlike focus, try to feel all of your body at once, generally, and notice what is occurring.

4. You may find that bits of your attention go here and there on your energy body when you do this, and after a while blocks start dissolving by themselves.

5. This happens IMHO because you are quite out of conscious contact with higher self (-ves) but subconsciously well in contact. When you sit or lie down to meditate you are saying, I will do this, I will do that. But a part of you already knows what to do. That's why you keep overall focus only.

6. If you start to hear tones/high hissing in your ears or experience luminosity in your mind's eye, go with it and it will help the process.

7. Once you feel parts of you relax you will find you can start to focus anywhere you like - with relaxed concentration.

8. Blocks start to speed up in their dissolution after a while and you will feel like everything is melting. That's all those blocks dissolving away, and it feels nice!

9. At that point you can have spontaneous OBE if vibrations get strong, but personally I never go with it spontaneously, I prefer to sit down and choose whether to OBE or not.

Sorry if this was confusing/overbrief/overlong, I am pushed for time! The main point is not to sit down with a clear idea yet of what you want to do, just go with it. This is all my personal experience only.

I will say this though: OBE vibrations can be very intense but if you do all the melting first via the above method they well not be like this huge jackhammer but just like fine sand. The complete melting of all blocks raises vibration of etheric and even physical body.

'Astral Dynamics' talks alot about blockage sensations, as you go along you will probably identify alot of them. Makes it easier knowing how normal it actually is!

Only my opinion! Best wishes and good luck, NN

PS You have spirit guides who could help also.