Thread: Success stories very briefly:

Success stories very briefly:

Success stories very briefly:

I thought that it would be a good idea to have a special thread exclusively for very brief summaries.
    I have been on the MAP book for 13 years now!
    I know i'm embarrassed to admit it , I have got to around half way through the program and had many attempts at it.
    I suffer from a lack of motivation , I asked myself why that was? and the answer is a lack of belief , if I really believed that I could astrally project and achieve the goals of this book then I would put the time in, the only brief success I had was getting to the vibrations stage when I was waking up ,this happened 3 times about 10 years ago and I never got it back again.
    Anyway it's not really about me , I thought that if there were a place where someone could come and easily find actual results and how much actual time it took then it may spur them on.
    I suggest the following..........

1. How many hours or minutes per day have you spent doing the exercises?
    2. What were the results?
    3. Which day of the program were you up to when you got that result?
    4. Which exercises did you spend the most and least time on?

If you could number the answers 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 then it would be easy for future readers to skim down and see the answers

To start you off my answers are...............

1. At most 30 minutes with long intervals of nothing , [collectively 100+ hours]
    2. Vibrations 3 times when waking up in the morning
    3. Day 20 with the result above. Now at day 45
    4. The rope technique and running energy through my body ,running awareness around the room, Charkras work, these would be what I spend the most time on

I would really appreciate it if we don't clutter up this thread with lots of other discussion so it will keep the main purpose of this thread alive.
    Thanks for your interest.

Mark

Blog Entries

Re: Success stories very briefly:

Hi Mark.

I suffer from a lack of motivation , I asked myself why that was? and the answer is a lack of belief , if I really believed that I could astrally project and achieve the goals of this book then I would put the time in, the only brief success I had was getting to the vibrations stage when I was waking up ,this happened 3 times about 10 years ago and I never got it back again.

Well, you don't have to believe that projection is an exit into a realm, you can think of it as a mental process, such as lucid dreaming, and not attach any belief to it. This is how many people approach it and it works for them. Try to dissociate the idea of it being 'something' other than a mental state- mental states are possible, they happen.

1. How many hours or minutes per day have you spent doing the exercises?

After learning all of them, I assembled a routine that goes on for about half an hour, but I give any attempt one hour, as it's necessary to wait that long for my body to go to sleep.
    2. What were the results?

I projected 30 days into the program, with a brief intermission.
    3. Which day of the program were you up to when you got that result?
    Day 30.
    4. Which exercises did you spend the most and least time on?

I spend more time relaxing my body and mind, and less time in loosening techniques.
    I do all my energy work at other times of the day, and it takes me about 5-10 minutes to go through the whole body. I don't do them when doing an attempt, but if I need to, I do brief sponging on my arms and legs in the beginning of a routine, after relaxing the muscles, and before I get into breathing exercises.
    AD Pedia:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...abetical-Order
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php

"Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Hi CF Traveler
    Thanks for your reply.
    Well done on projecting after only 30 days.
    Had you had any spontaneous projections in your life prior to deliberately working on it?
    It gives me encouragement to hear what others have achieved , I am wondering if it's possible for everyone to do given enough time and effort?
    I find listening to an audio whilst doing some of the drills helps avoid the boredom although you can't do that with all the drills of course.
    Also doing the affirmations by tying them to another activity such as being in the bathroom or in the elevator is a good idea as this is dead time anyway.

Blog Entries

Hi Mark.
    Had you had any spontaneous projections in your life prior to deliberately working on it?
    Yes, I had multiple projections as a child, and many less as a teenager, it didn't even occur to me that you could induce it, until I read Scott Rogo's "Leaving the Body", tried some of the techs in the book, didn't like the result, and later on found MAP.
    AD Pedia:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...abetical-Order
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php

"Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Yes,I've heard this a few times [that people that have a natural ability to do this will find deliberately projecting easier]
    It would be interesting to know the percentage that have that as a background
    It can be done by others though as William Buhlman just did one technique to achieve it initially , so it's variable like most things in life.

Blog Entries

When I used Robert Monroe's HemiSync originally I had an etheric projection the first time I did an early exercise and didn't even understand what was going on. I think it worked because I had no expectations what it would be like. I actually got a bit scared for no good reason. If I remember correctly this wasn't even "supposed" to happen. I don't know if you are familiar with the Monroe categories of states of consciousness, but if I remember correctly this was "Focus 3", a barely altered state of experience. But before I could realize it I saw through my closed eyelids and then felt like being sucked upwards.

All I had done at this point had been to go with the exercise at hand. I had no real practice regime, and in fact instituted one only later when I discovered MAP. In the end, I had many altered state experiences with Focus technology that demonstrated to me that consciousness was a very flexible thing. Our sense of time is for example extremely malleable. I will not claim I had control, or that I could do this at will, far from it. But I had these experiences.

Keep trying. There's no right amount of practice, I'd say. Just setting an intention, putting some actions into place to bring it about, and working with the results.