Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Techniques for bizarre dreams anyone?

Raise large amounts of energy and push it into your energy body or aura, just before drifting off to sleep. Do not ground or dissipate the energy. This will also make your dreams much more detailed and easier to remember. WARNING: you will not get as restful sleep. May also cause spontaneous OBE.

[edit: spelling errors]
    Sin nada (Nothing is impossible)

Freawaru Guest
    I second CFT: learn lucid dreaming.

To activate the "moon chakra" by sleep fasting can have unpleasant effects. I have done it several years ago - unwillingly - and ended up with dreaming while being awake.

A lasting effect is that I tend to get memory flashes of dreams while I am awake and not concentrating. They are very short and not threatening and I recognize them as dream memories - but at first I really worried what the heck was going on in my mind.

Anyway, if you have not done it already I strongly suggest to learn tranquility before experimenting. There are many medtation techniques for reaching the tranquil state (also known as samatha) and this skill is a kind of safety belt for the mind.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Freawaru
    To activate the "moon chakra" by sleep fasting can have unpleasant effects. I have done it several years ago - unwillingly - and ended up with dreaming while being awake.
    Holy Guacamole! How long did it last for?
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Freawaru Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    Quote Originally Posted by Freawaru
    Holy Guacamole! How long did it last for?
    The dreaming while being awake? A few days. When my sleeping time became more than three hours out of 24 again it stopped pretty fast.

But I read that sleep fasting can lead to hallucinations. I have no experience with hallucinations so I don't know the difference or if there is a difference to dream. To me it felt like dreams and I always knew when it happend. There was no confusion between what is real and what not as others report when halllucinating.

And my dreams are usually no nightmares. But if they were and if I had not recognized it for dream whenever it happend I think it could have been a very terrifying experience.

My dream memory flashes while being awake are still there. And it has been almost seven years! For me they provide no problem - I am just mindfull of them happening and that is that. But if I would not recognize them for what they are and if they were nightmarish I think I could go insane because of fearing them.

I also heard that sleep deprivation is used in torture....

Blog Entries
    But I read that sleep fasting can lead to hallucinations.
    Also known as temporary psychosis. Which is why I don't recommend it.

Freawaru Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    But I read that sleep fasting can lead to hallucinations.
    Also known as temporary psychosis. Which is why I don't recommend it.
    Guess, I can count myself lucky

sleeper Guest
    I'm not sure why you want to have bizzarre dreams...but there are some things that helped me to have lucid dreams.

When i first wanted to have lucid dreams, i set the timer on my digital watch (hey, it was the 80's and it had a calculator and it was cool!) to go off every 15 minutes, all day. Every time it went off, i asked myself "am i dreaming? Am i awake?" This was extremely irrating, btw. Two days later, i had my first lucid dream. I was only lucid for a couple seconds before the dream took back over, but it was a success!

The next day, i kept the watch timer going, and i added "I want ice cream!" to my "am i awake?" statement. Sadly, i didn't lucid dream for another week, but, when i did, the ice cream was fantastic. and i was lucid for a little longer.

TalkingHead Guest

Re: Techniques for bizarre dreams anyone?

To get back to the prisoner who "over-oxygenated his brain?" I think very fast breathing; almost like hyperventilation just before you go to sleep should definitely help; especially spontaneous Lucid Dreaming. I really don't think there's anything dangerous about this although I have a feeling CFT will disagree

Someone else posted about a technique to exhale rapidly and fully to get rid of toxins.

Blog Entries

Re: Techniques for bizarre dreams anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by TH
    I really don't think there's anything dangerous about this although I have a feeling CFT will disagree
    It depends on what you were doing to hyperventilate.

Alaskans Guest

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by wstein
    Raise large amounts of energy and push it into your energy body or aura, just before drifting off to sleep. Do not ground or dissipate the energy. This will also make your dreams much more detailed and easier to remember. WARNING: you will not get as restful sleep. May also cause spontaneous OBE.
    I second that. I think it's a matter of expanding beyond your physical body, or shifting to outside your physical body while falling asleep, or shortly before. Feeling yourself as being something beyond the body you inhabit, vague, with an unknown but very large size, if you can, of being some expansive layer of the universe itself. It seems to give astral dreams and better recall. Or what wstien said.

Sorry for interrupting, talkinghead.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast