Quote Originally Posted by Antares View Post
I'd like to have access to both conscious and subconscious abilities at the same time. Instead, I feel that my conscious mind is very strong and distinct, while subconscious - weak and rather indefinite...
You just described two opposites - Yin and Yang. The conscious mind of many people tends towards Yang - the forceful, will. You describe your subconscious mind as Yin. What is different from your account to how Yin and Yang is understood that these are qualities, not values in and of itself. You ascribe "strong" to Yang which is superficially correct, but you imply "good." You ascribe "weak" to Yin which is superficially correct, but you imply "bad."

Yang can never get rid of Yin, and in fact turns into Yin over the course of time. To live from any extreme over a long period of time is seen unhealthy within the belief system from which this idea of Yin-Yang came. Change of one to the other is inevitable.

Take for example your birth chart. You see this as your gift, which to some degree it is. But some people looking into birth charts might ask "Why not develop other qualities to balance an inherent tendency?" One cannot be only mind, only analysis, only will. You try to bend your dreams to your conscious will. But will that really happen?

The subconscious is the giant sea in which the conscious mind only is adrift. The flotsam does not tell the sea where to go, nor does the iceberg. In the end both are adrift, exposed to forces beyond their control, and always will be. A unity with the subconscious can come from accepting that condition in my experience. Willpower has merit but if only willpower is applied it will always be limited.

Only Yang by itself is less than half. Yin and Yang together are moving towards a whole. Yin and Yang in balance become emptiness, and in emptiness become all that is.