Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Subconsciousness weakness vs. consciousness power

Subconsciousness weakness vs. consciousness power

I observed one thing when comparing the time when I'm sleeping (and being unconscious) and when I'm fully awaken (normal conscious state).

I don't know why, but when sleeping, I rarely have "power", I feel often powerless, with some few exceptions in the recent months (when some power - to my surprise - appeared even in dreams). For example, I may see an evil people around in the dream and have no idea what to do about it. But in the moment when I awake, I think often: it's obvious! I would (will) do this or that...

It seems like when I'm asleep, my will is weak. When I awake, I feel strong will again. I feel I can solve lots of issues just because of it.
    There is a strong difference between the "mental" or "will" power available when sleeping and when awaken.

I also have an observation that I'm missing a lot of my intellectual and mental skills in dreams. In my birth chart I have lots of fire element, and this leads me to quick way of thinking, analysis, ease in overcoming difficulties etc. These all seem to be not available in the dream state.
    I wish I could connect and integrate both, subconscious and conscious mind, yet I have no idea how to do that. I do this intuitively, widening my conscious mind to have better "touch" with the subconsciousness, but it's a slow evolution I would say.

I'd like to have access to both conscious and subconscious abilities at the same time. Instead, I feel that my conscious mind is very strong and distinct, while subconscious - weak and rather indefinite...

Re: Subconsciousness weakness vs. consciousness power

Real sleep is definately a good chance to do what you love. Fake sleep, not bad for if you figure something out. Fully conscious of reality and "I am the one"...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Antares View Post
    I'd like to have access to both conscious and subconscious abilities at the same time. Instead, I feel that my conscious mind is very strong and distinct, while subconscious - weak and rather indefinite...
    You just described two opposites - Yin and Yang. The conscious mind of many people tends towards Yang - the forceful, will. You describe your subconscious mind as Yin. What is different from your account to how Yin and Yang is understood that these are qualities, not values in and of itself. You ascribe "strong" to Yang which is superficially correct, but you imply "good." You ascribe "weak" to Yin which is superficially correct, but you imply "bad."

Yang can never get rid of Yin, and in fact turns into Yin over the course of time. To live from any extreme over a long period of time is seen unhealthy within the belief system from which this idea of Yin-Yang came. Change of one to the other is inevitable.

Take for example your birth chart. You see this as your gift, which to some degree it is. But some people looking into birth charts might ask "Why not develop other qualities to balance an inherent tendency?" One cannot be only mind, only analysis, only will. You try to bend your dreams to your conscious will. But will that really happen?

The subconscious is the giant sea in which the conscious mind only is adrift. The flotsam does not tell the sea where to go, nor does the iceberg. In the end both are adrift, exposed to forces beyond their control, and always will be. A unity with the subconscious can come from accepting that condition in my experience. Willpower has merit but if only willpower is applied it will always be limited.

Only Yang by itself is less than half. Yin and Yang together are moving towards a whole. Yin and Yang in balance become emptiness, and in emptiness become all that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo View Post
    Yin and Yang together are moving towards a whole.
    How would you approach then a balance between being des-integrated and ingtegrated? Or even more, being balanced and unbalanced? Between yang and yin moving into opposite dirtections, and into themselves towards a whole? Between the illussion and the clarity?

I think the key is always integration: connecting consciousness with subconsciousness. This is what I am into, yet the distinction between the two is still strong.

Blog Entries

I agree with the goal of integration, certainly no disagreement there. This is "merely" a matter of approach, though that's understating it as most things are "merely" a matter of approach. I would even go so far and say a multitude of approaches lead to the same end, but many in a roundabout way. So it is not a matter if you arrive but how and when. But again, that borders on the tautological because I believe that all beings will evolve. It is more in facilitating a way that makes it easier, smoother to do so than in making it happen. The Universe is already set up for evolution - at least I believe so.

Now, to answer your questions... One can adopt a preliminary, provisional belief. I have been taught so and it can be helpful. You don't have to accept it as true or make it your own, but only explore "What if this were true?" Your own sense of the truth will eventually lead you as to whether the belief is useful to you or not. So it is merely a suggestion, something you try on for size, and definitely not meant to replace your own judgment on the matter. In the end it is your process of personal evolution, your existence, and you live with the consequences.

Having said so much in the lead-in, my suggestion would be to adopt a provisional belief along these lines: "In waking the conscious guides, in dreaming the unconscious guides." You can see if you are able to temporarily hold such a provisional belief. Some people won't, wouldn't want to, or can't. That is fine. It is just an experiment in consciousness to see if anything changes as a result. Now, if you are able and willing to hold this belief for the sake of an "What if" experiment, see if your dreams change. See if your dreams try to guide you.

Guidance can come from the environment - a subtle goading, the appearance of a door waiting to be opened. Guidance can also come from a being that actively engages you. It can be subtle, a mere hint, clue, or suggestion. It can be overt. Your beliefs will always impact the way you dream and act in dreams. On all levels. So if you are able to work with your beliefs in some form, your experience might change as well. And the real fun is in discovering what changes and how.

Of course this is only one provisional belief one can hold. So many are possible! But the real key skill is not holding a belief temporarily, though it is vital, a precondition. The key skill is to observe truthfully the consequence, like a true scientist of consciousness. To see what is even if it challenges one's assumptions. To not see what simply isn't, even if one would think it would be better if it were. Honest to oneself and to the subject at hand, a definite use of an incisive and critical mind.

As to other elements of integration - this kind of depends on what you find in your experiments. Integration happens by bringing balance into things. Observing seemingly disparate things may create insight where the balance lies. Unlike some do believe it is not always the middle, but in broad terms it is often on a continuum. To use an oversimplified analogy: A scale rotating on a pivot does not always balance "in the middle." It balances depending on the weight on each side and the length of each arm. Balance then exists somewhere in every pair but requires some fiddling, experimenting, observing, understanding, and resolving. (Balancing pairs can in turn lead to more integration, to find balance in all things. This can lead to a greater capability to absorb and understand.)

One final remark. Illusion and clarity to me are not opposites in the sense of polar opposites. Illusion is the absence of clarity. Once clarity is achieved, illusion is absent. Within any given area they do not turn into each other. The expansion of clarity dispels the other. Light does not change into darkness. There is either light or no light, but illumination and darkness are results of the presence and absence of light, darkness has no inherent nature. It is a subtle distinction. But it makes a fundamental difference: In balanced opposites opting for one to the exclusion of the other brings imbalance. But one does not err in aiming to be more clear. You do not fall back into ignorance. You do however rise to a new level and will have to refine clarity further.

Tai chi will integrate body and mind, whereas reiki will integrate spirit and soul. The Dao is Confucious...

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo View Post
    One final remark. Illusion and clarity to me are not opposites in the sense of polar opposites. Illusion is the absence of clarity. Once clarity is achieved, illusion is absent. Within any given area they do not turn into each other. The expansion of clarity dispels the other. Light does not change into darkness. There is either light or no light, but illumination and darkness are results of the presence and absence of light, darkness has no inherent nature. It is a subtle distinction. But it makes a fundamental difference: In balanced opposites opting for one to the exclusion of the other brings imbalance. But one does not err in aiming to be more clear. You do not fall back into ignorance. You do however rise to a new level and will have to refine clarity further.
    This is how logic wants to see things One excludes another. Good is an absence of evil, for instance.

Some however suggest that we can go beyond any dualities, beyond good and evil, light and darkness, and so on...

My psychotic voices have told me that the only scientific realisation is Self, and that the resulting reality is entirely construed from "within" that experience. For example, knowledge is the superstition of superiority and love is the superstition of one's humanity. What does the Self create in yourself, and does it matter to be conscious of this much... Yes, I do believe.

The more I explore the subject of spirit, the more I am convinced that we - our souls included - are not really going through the re-incarnational cycles, but we are imprisoned by the advanced astral technology.

In brief, we are victims of the cosmic-astral slavery. Our souls suffer from lack of clarity, power, knowledge (hence amnesia) and self-awareness. The material life on the Earth at the moment is simply a method to bring even more confusion, yet risky for our "astral lords": as it provides us with potential freedom and will. Of course, this "should not" be like that: we are supposed to believe that we as souls "learn" through so-called incarnations, through pain and suffering. I suspect it now to be a deliberate plan for souls and humanity.

In the recent months I was analysing many information, which include:
    - E. Cayce statement about our mental state in the after-life (as a soul)
    - NDE experiences
    - M. Newton life between lives details given by his patients on choosing a new incarnation with help of some "mysterious" astral devices: screens, cameras, manipulators, buttons... interesting, isn't it?
    - the ancient views on after-life, which often are far from the modern NDE experiences descriptions, suggesting the evil forces residing around the Earth plane (which is confirmed by my personal experiences)
    - Carlos Castaneda's books on his mentor, Don Juan's teachings about the dangerous "Eagle" hidden in the astral realms, and what the whole magic training was about, very similar to the other Indian shamanic traditions
    - the information on how the other planets of the solar system are monitored, sometimes even inhabitted by extra terrestial workers (of course fully realizing the existence of humanity)
    - my own mental power when daily mind works, and mental weakness when sleeping (I am literally forced to make the will-fights with the astral beings while sleeping; I suspect some of the dreams being influenced by such astral creatures, and not being a simple result of the subconsciousness working, as psychiatrists suggest)

and many, many more.

The way to get out from the astral-soul prison, which we are not supposed to be aware of, is to - as Castaneda suggests - gather enough power to state about ourselves and connect directly to the spirit, without taking into account so to speak "soul incarnational development" demands imposed on us. ;P
    Last edited by Antares; 4th January 2020 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antares View Post
    The more I explore the subject of spirit, the more I am convinced that we - our souls included - are not really going through the re-incarnational cycles, but we are imprisoned by the advanced astral technology.
    In the prison = pleasure is normal
    Outside the prison = work is normal

Halfway in/out of the prison = where the heck are the humans? And so be that much!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast