Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: how do you feel being dead?

jalef Guest

how do you feel being dead?

since i started obe training i dont wake up after dying in dreams. being dead in a dream is a very pleasurable feeling of freedom for me. how do you feel and what are your experiences if this happens? is there anyone who experiences kinda hell after dying?

kiwibonga Guest
    In some instances, I made peace with myself, thought it was inevitable and should not be challenged. Dying is great, you're excused from everything you have to do instantly ; if you don't show up to work, it's okay, cause you're dead!

The noise subsides... I don't see my dead body, I'm just where I was, and whatever the source of the danger was disappears. I get to roam around, then I wake up.

But more recently I don't let myself die anymore... I've become this arrogant, aggressive, immortal superhero... If I'm not pleased with an outcome, I just rewind the dream and start over. If something is bothering me, I just say "leave me alone" and it disappears. Last night, I teleported out of prison!

They're not even lucid dreams, but things always work out in such a way that I'm never forced to do anything, I can always revert something that I dislike.

I dislike dying :p

After the moment of death shock I float out disembodied. Then I usually say something like "Oh well" and enter another dream.
    Sin nada (Nothing is impossible)

blacktiger057 Guest
    When I die in a dream, it seems that a just shoot straight back into my body and the monster or whatever is trying to kill me just does it again and again and again...I wake up unable to go to sleep, but glad that I'm not dreaming anymore. And it seems that I haven't had a dream for literally months. Does anyone know any reasons for this?

Blog Entries
    First of all, you always dream, you just don't remember it. Chances are your dreams are now peaceful and don't wake you up directly after so you don't remember it, so that's the good news.
    There is a possibility that the 'monsters killing you' are 'what if' dreams- I find that in my case most are. I can try to escape them by waking up before the 'bad' thing happens,but then they recur. But if I let it happen, and experience it, I don't get the dream again. It seems to me (and I could be wrong here, of course) that when you complete the 'getting killed', which could be considered the 'worst thing' about it (and in your case have it happen repeatedly, to explore the experience and not avoid it, thoroughly), when you're finally done with it, you don't have to have it again, because now you know how it would be if it happened to you.
    When I was younger I had a series of nightmares that I stopped by thinking of them before going to bed. A radical move, but it worked for me.
    Sweet dreams!
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

ShatteredSoul Guest
    I only died in a dream once. I fell/got pushed out of an airplane. didnt wake up before I hit the ground. then i just lay there looking at the ground with my head lying sideways..... edit. one other time where I got stabbed besides a swimming pool and I fell into the pool and floated slightly at the bottom for several minutes until I realized I was breathing under water (still dead... but not) then I woke up.

Alaskans Guest
    Death in dreams must mean something. I might dream about absolutely anything, from geneticly engineered potatoes to hanging out with talking animals (my fav one ), but I've never died in any dream. Maybe because I like to think that I've made peace with death.

Serenity Guest
    I was shot and killed in quite a few dreams of mine. I didn't feel particularly stressed about it... I pretty much died and thought, "What now?"

sleeper Guest
    I've totally enjoyed reading the responses to this post, for a long time, i never met anyone else who had died during dreams.

I've died many times, and it was final death, ending in a kind of nothingness/darkness. Like serenity, I was indifferent about it. and they were strange dreams for me...i didn't wake up until long after the dream ended, but i remembered it lucidly...i mean that literally. the dreams had every aspect of my lucid dreams, except i wasn't controlling them.

I should add that the darkness...hard to explain to anyone that hasn't experienced it, is a place i go when i mediatate. I focus on the blackness, the nothingness, until my thoughts expire...it helps me when i'm going after visions.

Blog Entries
    I've died in dreams many times. I've been put in an electric chair, shot, and have also died of non-obvious causes. A couple of times, I dreamed I was a ghost (seriously).

Needless to say, I have absolutely no fear of death now. (Although I do try to avoid it; I've still got stuff to do here )
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast