Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: how do you feel being dead?

Fish Guest

Re: how do you feel being dead?

Wow what an insane dream man.. doubt I’d ever forget that one as long as I live!

I think I've had dreams in which I died, but in those dreams death is always a sort of warming, fizzling sensation and not intensely painful (like being chopped up into bits - yikes! ). One time I had a dream that I was in virtual reality (hooked up to one of those sci-fi VR machines) in some medieval realm, and I kept having to restart because I was getting killed (and in this dream I had that warming, fizzling sensation when I was "killed"). I think the dream was influenced by something I had read at the time, though I can't remember what it was.

Now that I think about it, it seems to me that there was a period in which I was fascinated with the concept of VR and had numerous dreams about what the perfect VR machine would do (I don't remember specifics). This was before my friend introduced me to astral projection / OBE in middle school.

Andy

Ouroboros Guest

I've died lots in dreams, but I usually wake up immediately after. Although, I have a feeling that I may have remained asleep a few of the times and just not remembered what happened afterward.

By far, the thing that has killed me the most is nuclear explosions. I had a recurring dream that happened 3 or 4 times in one year that was exactly the same...standing outside of my home, looking up to see a jet flying overhead, it drops a nuke and then BAM.

I've also had several dreams where nuclear strikes begin happening, and I don't die right away but eventually one happens close enough to me that I can't escape.

I think the most recent occurrence of nuclear death occurred sometime this year, although I can't really remember exactly when I had the dream. Fortunately they have not been nearly as prevalent these past few years as they were in my teenage days. Dreams involving nuclear war always freak me out. =\

SP3 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ouroboros
    Quote Originally Posted by SP3
    After all that, I approached the exit and a voice asked me if I wanted to wake up or experience what it was like to be a helpless child being chopped up by a serial killer, so I chose the latter for the experience. I was a child running very slowly, and a huge guy with a chainsaw came after me and started to chop parts of my body off.
    I think your balls are bigger than mine.
    Well, I look at it a bit differently.

I was fully aware I was in the astral, and that it was just a temporary experience. Plus a voice was a guide who seemed to understand the extreme nature of the experience, so to me it was something spiritual, a test or detachment.

I remember hearing yogis would dream of something similar to release them to higher levels of spirituality. I saw it more as an opportunity. Now I would probably choose to be woken up, being I have already proven myself, to myself.

Ouroboros Guest

In that context I suppose I may have been more willing to experience it were I in that situation...but I still think it takes a lot of guts to say "bring it on" to something like that regardless of context.

SP3 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ouroboros
    I've died lots in dreams, but I usually wake up immediately after. Although, I have a feeling that I may have remained asleep a few of the times and just not remembered what happened afterward.

By far, the thing that has killed me the most is nuclear explosions. I had a recurring dream that happened 3 or 4 times in one year that was exactly the same...standing outside of my home, looking up to see a jet flying overhead, it drops a nuke and then BAM.

I've also had several dreams where nuclear strikes begin happening, and I don't die right away but eventually one happens close enough to me that I can't escape.

I think the most recent occurrence of nuclear death occurred sometime this year, although I can't really remember exactly when I had the dream. Fortunately they have not been nearly as prevalent these past few years as they were in my teenage days. Dreams involving nuclear war always freak me out. =\
    Lets hope that it isn't a psychic dream

I saw myself die before. The dream starts with me dancing with a man. We're dressed very old fashioned, and doing some type of ballroom dance. Next thing I know we're outside on a street corner, it's nighttime. He grabs me from behind and chokes me, then cuts my head off. Then I'm standing over my body, looking down at it. I felt an incredible sense of peace. I was happy to know that death isn't final, that your spirit lives on. I was happy the entire day after that!

I have lots of dreams about an astroid about to hit earth. It's all over the news and everyone knows about it, a date and time is given for when it is supose to impact. Everyone is quiet and in their own thoughts for a few days anticipating their death. We all know that this astroid will wipe out the entire planet and there will be no survivors. Some people choose to still go to work. I spend my entire time with my children inside our house. Sometimes in these dreams the countdown will begin and I will go outside and see this huge shadow cover the sun, then it hits and I wake up. My most recent dream of this was that they announced on the news the exact date and time of the collision, I think december 12 2010 at 9 am. And so I was standing outside waiting for it to hit, my heart pounding and all my final thoughts going through my head, and then I hear the news on the tv say " we estimated the date of the impact incorrectly, it's actualy TOMORROW at 9 am." I was relieved but kind of mad! I had to build up all that fear again!

I have had a few dreams about dying, one I talked about already that happened when I was pregnant and I was executed by lethal injection. I think the most recent one I had was a few weeks ago, nothing led up to my death it seemed to happen right after I fell asleep. Everything went black and quiet, I felt very calm and aware of what this was. Then I saw a speck of light that grew larger, the larger it grew the more shallow my breath became. When it got so big I was engulfed in it I wasn't breathing anymore. I didn't feel like I had a body this whole time, I just felt like an awareness or a point of consciouseness. But this happened pretty fast, like maybe 10 seconds. Then I woke up because it wasn't real....as far as I can tell right now .
    Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3