Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: how do you feel being dead?

sleeper Guest
    CaterpillarWoman, I think that those dreams seem simple but are very complex.

My question for you is: do you think that we have them because of our spiritual work? i think that is part of the reason. Serious energy work makes us confront our death and fear of death, i think. let me know your thoughts.

Blog Entries
    I've had no fear of death since I was about twelve. I had a dream in which God came and took me out of my body and we went all around the world, with God showing me things and pointing things out to me. I can't consciously remember anything God said to me, but I believe now that I was told most of my life plan (i.e., how things were going to unfold). I have a very curious tendency to recognise signs and situations and read them as signposts (hard to explain).

Anyway, I wasn't doing a lot of spiritual work at twelve, other than having been psychic pretty much all my life and having talked to God pretty much always.

The dreams of death... Some were past life memories, I'm sure of that now. Some were symbolic of spiritual things and had to do with various non-material entities that were plaguing me. Some were, I believe, an expression of an intense desire to die so as to be reborn (not a literal "death wish", more of a transformation wish).

I don't know what the ghost dreams were. Usually in my dreams, a "ghost" is an unresolved issue (used to have a lot of haunted house dreams), but that wasn't the quality of the ones where I was the ghost. I don't actually know what to make of them. One of them, I suspect, was actually an astral projection that I just happened to remember as a dream. I was playing in that one, changing shape at will, that sort of thing.

For me, it's hard to say how much of my dream life is related to my spiritual work. I've always been spiritual, pretty much, and always been psychic (for lack of a better term), though sometimes I pay more attention than at other times. My dreams have always been quite vivid and I've had precog dreams since puberty. I've always just kind of fit the definition and role of "mystic". Past life memories that I've had so far indicate at least two other lives that have mystical and/or psychic ability, so it seems to be a theme with me.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Fish Guest

Re: how do you feel being dead?

I was stabbed in the heart and died. Another time I was shot in the head at point blank. Oh and a car crash at the bottom of that cliff was a rough one too.. I felt the pain of each of the incidents.. all ended in darkness and felt like I was floating. When I was shot that one time I thought to myself, "So this is death.." and remembering the feeling of peacefulness without any fear whatsoever. No fear of death in any of them actually.

I too haven't met anyone that has had dreams they've actually died in.

Alaskans Guest

I wonder how many people nowdays had childhood experiences like that Olderwiser. I'm sure it wasnt usual in the past. I wonder if we were supose to remember our life plan or if it was just meant to reinforce our subconcious memory so we would unknowingly play it out.

ahh yea being dead... would be very much like AP I would assume. I only fear death because we can do a lot more good being alive, earth is where the action is. But even that is irrational. If you accept either fate of life or death and keep up the Good effort then nothing will kill you, except our own stupidity (kissing a shark on the lips .)

RyanParis Guest

Well, after death, it's my belief that the subconscious takes over completely into a lucid dream. As for being dead, I'm sure it feels as peaceful as dreaming, except you never wake up consciously again. Your body never wakes up again. You're late for work or school? Go as a lucid/transparent ghost if you please. Or just sit back for eternity. Enjoy what the spirit realm has to offer.

After a while, though, you'll think to yourself "man, this is peaceful and great, but I need to learn more lessons sometime." So you stay there in spirit, pondering sometimes your deliberate return to a new physical body. You finally make the decision (with God I'm sure) after some eternities, and bam... you suddenly have a newly-developing conscious mind, a new baby body and your lessons on earth will be hard.

It's the body and soul evolving.

That's my opinion.

Xelap Guest

I dreamt that I died in a plane crash. I remember it so vividly. I was with my girlfriend at the time, we hit the ocean, and we both lifted out our bodies - it was peaceful and serene.

Quite a shocker when I woke up Couldnt have expected it to be so ...calm.

Alaskans Guest

I dont think it would be so bad, but I think being alive is preferred. I told my friend I wouldn't mind dieing, we are so restricted; no flying, shape shifting, teleporting (for most people ) But the next day I experienced being a ghost (I didnt die), and I immediately knew I'd rather be alive. I've projected before, but that feeling of being 'dead' felt different. But of course, go to heaven and you probably wont want to come back.

this morning i "died" for the first time ever in a dream.
    i knew i was dying,and it took a while to happen.
    in the end i took control and allowed myself to lie down and let go of the last of my energy.
    instantly i was right there,looking at my body on the floor.
    i didn't feel much.i knew exactly what to expect the whole time.
    i then hovered around,i think someone else died at the same time as me,but i can't for the life of me remember who it was.i had been vaguely aware of them before dying too.
    we hung around and helped out the folk who were still alive - my sister and some friends.
    they couldn't see me,but i could kinda communicate with them..

things get a little hazy after that - i was still with all the alive people,and kept on helping them with various things,and it seemed that they could understand me better as time went on..until it got to the point where i felt like i was no longer dead,simply interacting with them as normal..

it was a strange one.
    i had the feeling when i woke up,that it had actually been three cycles of death and rebirth that i'd gone thru.
    like three small dreams back to back.
    in the first i was fully dead,the last,alive as ever..
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

SP3 Guest

I think being dead, would be similar to being conscious in the astral. The sensation of dying, or being killed is different.

The experience of dying, Gunshots, or stabbing is more of a painful annoying feeling, but being chopped up was worst.

Example; I was in a slaughter house, filled with people who were turning into creatures like in the movie 'the thing', or slither. In order to escape I went into the conveyor belt, which was a big mistake because machines started to strip off body parts, and I was trying to position myself to minimize the damage, but it didn't matter, and my flesh got cut or scraped off in big chunks and body parts would get dismembered. Sometimes in dreams things will happen with no pain, so it's no big deal. but this was real sensations, real pain, because I know what getting cut by an exacto knife feels like, or stepping on a nail and it going through my foot. The pain was real. After all that, I approached the exit and a voice asked me if I wanted to wake up or experience what it was like to be a helpless child being chopped up by a serial killer, so I chose the latter for the experience. I was a child running very slowly, and a huge guy with a chainsaw came after me and started to chop parts of my body off.

The experience was pain, mixed with all sorts of emotions mixed together, and although I knew I was dying, after every swing I just wanted him to leave me alone and let me die in peace, until I slipped out of consciousness. I think that is similar to most forms of dying. Absolutely Terrifying!!!

Ouroboros Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SP3
    After all that, I approached the exit and a voice asked me if I wanted to wake up or experience what it was like to be a helpless child being chopped up by a serial killer, so I chose the latter for the experience. I was a child running very slowly, and a huge guy with a chainsaw came after me and started to chop parts of my body off.
    I think your balls are bigger than mine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast