Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: drugs to induce obe?

Peter19 Guest

drugs to induce obe?

Hello people,

i am just wondering if any of you have tried or have heard of anyone haveing experiences useing certain drugs specifically anesthetics like Ketamine or something like "ether". drugs what are hopefully harmless lol. because i think if you had something to get you into that nice state of very sleepy or boarder-line sleep it might be a good way to make you more loose or something.

Excaliber Guest
    hey peter,
    this is a touchy subject for a lot of people. the problem with drug induced obe is the lack of control you have. you forego the proper mental conditioning required for a stable experiance. reality fluctuations can be extreme and chaotic and therefore unpleasant. its kind of like gambling. i dont know anything about the drugs you are refering to so i am speaking in general here.

Blog Entries
    In a related topic, Robert Bruce wrote:
    Medically speaking (I have discussed this with several doctors, psychiatrists, psychologists, etc) this is well known, that drugs cause psychosis and mental illness. Hospitals here in Aus are full of patients with drug induced psychosis, etc. It is difficult for a genuinely mentally ill person, suicidal depression, or someone having a breakdown, to get into a mental hospital these days, because they are choked with people suffering from drug induced psychosis type problems, or detoxing, etc.

I have also helped people who have developed serious addictions to mushrooms and pot, etc. They are not supposed to be addictive, but they are. And the effects of such hallucinogenics are not what they seem. They may appear to reveal the greater reality, and I'm sure they do to some extent (the lower astral mainly), but this most definitely does not provide access to the 'source'. I have talked at length to such people and what they have brought back with them from such experiences is usually worthless. And for what insight they do get into life, the harmful side effects badly outweigh.
    Please realize that Ketamine (the drug used to put down animals) is a controlled substance, and illegal to possess by non-professionals in many
    places. As Excaliber so succinctly put it, the purpose of Robert's work is to teach to produce and control the OBE state, and the use of chemical enhancements is counterproductive to this end.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Mekiel Guest
    also the energy needed to successfully meneuver astrally is not generated with a drug induced obe. At most you would produce a low level projection, often associated with the lower astral levels. Unpleasant and pointless.

Look to the books, meditate, get inspired. Dont mess with the drugs

This is my opinion.

Mekiel

Peter19 Guest
    Thank you for your replys.

yeah i have thought about hallucinagens, but it says it all in the name of it really, what made me persue this a little bit more and ask for advise was - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6zHbeMhuRA
    that mans experience. what he says is when he was in the hospital he took some form of anostetic (not sure what) and it made him have hes first oobe. an i think thats one of the most vital ones, the first oobe because then in your mind your belief has turned to you dont need to belive this anymore you know it. an i think a substance what could maybe just induce drowsness might do that like, you would of used that and it would be a massive boost if it worked because that as showed you the way so to speak. but use are right i reckon, in general its always good to keep trying.

Blog Entries
    Peter, there are really no short cuts. A first conscious and recalled OBE will not guarantee further such OBEs and I doubt that a single experience would satisfy you, in any case. This is especially true for a drug induced experience which you could not guarantee, anyway.

If learning to relax enough is the problem, then I suggest you attempt projection in the morning after 6 hours sleep.

Rhythm napping is also a very useful technique http://www.saltcube.com/out-of-body/cha ... hm-napping

Also, have you tried using a meditation cd or binaural beats? A lot of people can relax using such auditory technologies and you do not need a lot of cash to access them. Learning to meditate will enhance your health, using drugs will potentially damage it.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Peter19 Guest
    thanks for your views Beekeeper,

i know they would not guarantee any more and you are right that you could become reliant on what ever you use, but i think just to know that its true and you have done it, is a massive motivational tool. how long would you advise for trying to obe?. and have you got any tips for helping you get "mind awake body asleep"?. it would be greatly appreatiated .

i think before i might of even had an oobe but that is the thing, i am not a 100% sure. i felt like i was going down a slide, slipped sort of off the bed and then was standing near the bed. but it seems semi vague. the hallucinogens and marajuana help improve vagueness eh j/k.

thanks for your input.

Blog Entries
    Peter,

As a starting point, I strongly advise you read Robert's tutorials if you haven't already
    http://www.astraldynamics.com/

Take your time, you'll learn a lot. Hang around here long enough and you'll get even more ideas.

how long would you advise for trying to obe?
    Try as long as you like. Take a break when you feel you need to. People tend to come back to it and try again if they don't at first succeed. Everyone is different. Some people are naturals, some have early successes with long dry spells, and so on.

and have you got any tips for helping you get "mind awake body asleep"
    Yes, they're in my previous post. Also, it's good if you can tire your body with exercise and get a decent dose of sunlight everyday. Deep breathing techniques are very relaxing. Tensing and relaxing muscle groups can work well. A lot of people have success concentrating on the tones in their ears. You could also look up "wake induced lucid dreams".

Many people swear that eating a little cheese before bed can also contribute tp OBE success.

All that should keep you very busy and keep the subject matter in your thoughts, which in itself can contribute to OB experiences.

Oh, and btw, what you described was an OBE.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Peter19 Guest
    thanks. i looked at those links in the past read them and just never did the rhythm napping lol. but i might give it a spin now. i think for now atleast like i will just keep at it. if you dont do it atleast you will get one thing from it - good determination and perseverance lol. thanks for all your comments, they are appreatiated.

Excaliber Guest
    Many people swear that eating a little cheese before bed can also contribute tp OBE success
    cheese? i love cheese. i will experiment with this today.... and tomorrow.... and the next day.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast