Thread: New Energy work..Pain in my throat

dahrma Guest

New Energy work..Pain in my throat

Hi, I'm new to the forum, greetings to all.

Last night I found Robert Bruce's website, and I watched the video clips on the introduction to the New Energy system. I viewed all the clips and read most everything from the website.

I was eager to start, so I did...and very soon after I started moving energy around in and through my body, I started getting a sharp pain in my throat. Although I felt it throughout my throat from top to bottom, it is mostly centered in the lower throat below my adams apple in the soft groove area. I tried to work on this area more after it happened, but the pain was still persistant today. (The pain is a very sharp shooting pain in my lower throat)

I'm not afraid of the pain, and I am not worried about my health. Robert does explain about this type of thing on his website, it could be an attachment area. And I have not got the book yet, which I know I need.

But in the mean time, many of you are way more experienced than I, do you have any comments you could give me to help me through this period?

Excaliber Guest
    hey dahrma,
    i do not think a pain in your throat would signify an attachment, but probably just a minor blockage. i would concentrate on your secondary energy system for a bit (feet, hands, arms, legs) and work your way into the full-body circuit. a little physical excersice before energy work can do wonders for blockages and relaxation. stretching will also help. i would ignore the primary center in your throat for a few days and work on everything but, and then go back to it.

Blog Entries
    I agree, it sounds like a blockage. Your body has one language to talk to you, and if you do energy work it cannot express itself differently. So pain can mean a lot of things, and it is an universal sign for "something is wrong".

Like you can have so much appetite that it starts to hurt even a sharp pain can be of another significance than a damage to the bodily tissue or an attachment. With energy work probabilities are that way that a blockage is most likely.

You activate an energy channel which was not very active before, and as energy makes it way and revives it it runs into the blockage, and the body tells you via the pain mechanism that this is not like it should be.

The blockage itself can have any kind of meaning, and I would not offer an assumption early on what its nature is. I'd just continue working on it, in a relaxed and soft manner. If this increases pain, or you feel like accomplishing nothing at all, excaliber is right: Shift focus. Its time will come...

dahrma Guest
    Thank you both for the great replies...I love getting feedback. Korpo, I just want you to know that your reply resonated very strongly with me. I totally agree with everything you said, and I thank you for outlining a very clear and meaningful explanation.

I did take the advice from both of you, and I'm glad to report, the pain went away already. I'm just continuing to do the energy work now. Things are going fine.

Blog Entries
    Thank you!