Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cosmic alchemy

Re: Cosmic alchemy

I think there are a number of alchemies, not just one. And I think that the highest hierarchies of ancient Egypt, and other high past civilizations, were aware of that. The traces of this we can find by looking at their grand teachings and knowledge.

Alchemy is not just a "tool" for metals transmutation or your psyche transformation.

Each variant or level or alchemy deals with the state of a current level (like physical) with the usage of the principles as understood on the higher level. In this, it really resembles magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Antares View Post
    Each variant or level or alchemy deals with the state of a current level (like physical) with the usage of the principles as understood on the higher level. In this, it really resembles magic.
    I suppose to say that "magic resonates with techonology" is to say that "alchemy resonates with eternity, first."

Quote Originally Posted by olyris View Post
    I suppose to say that "magic resonates with techonology" is to say that "alchemy resonates with eternity, first."
    I don't think that magic is indistinguishable from very advanced technology. Maybe from a worm-like perspective it is not.

Magic is opposite to technology.

“Science can destroy religion by ignoring it as well as by disproving its tenets. No one ever demonstrated, so far as I am aware, the non-existence of Zeus or Thor — but they have few followers now.”
    “When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.”
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Edit: magic is a dawn, science and technology is a dusk. In Chinese philosophy, magic would be wood, science would be metal - this is the analogy based on the very nature of the two. The interesting question would be: so what is the fire and what is the water? Fire is alchemy. Water is mystery. Fire doesn't understand water, metal doesn't understand wood; science doesn't understand magic.

BTW Chinese says that water kills fire, and metal kills wood. How true. We indeed live in very yin (dark) times nowadays - it's called kaliyuga.

However, bear in mind that fire kills metal.
    Last edited by Antares; 30th April 2020 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antares View Post
    science would be metal [...] Fire is alchemy [...] However, bear in mind that fire kills metal.
    I do believe that an alchemist (or initiate of any sort, for that matter), is to be totally beyond conventions/norms in the due course of time. Their master can disconnect this conformist ideology with knowledge of truth. Or, they can just work with fire until they well understand the proof is self, not others. A master in the end, suggestably, assists with creating a master. This is what I do not like about religion - not enough fishing with your own tackle.

The elements theory (which are in essence the principles that rule the manifestation / substance of creation), as present in alchemy, is indeed something that is supposed to be beyond the "common" conventions. It teaches about the principles beyond principles, as alchemy is all about the principles (in action).

However, alchemy is a certain approach, after all - which can be thought of, then, as a teaching, it is about principles applied to itself. So while alchemy deals with transformations (hence fire), we can percieve it as a system of concepts that also falls into another (meta-)system of concepts. See? Transform the mind of a scientist, and the principles of science itself become affected. Because this is his or her mind which created them. You affect not the object, but the subject, then, i.e. the source. This is a meta-level of concepts, that are applied to alchemy as well.

So my view is that the only aspect that is really beyond any principles is consciousness: it is that what creates principles, like those found in alchemy. Everything else - no matter what meta-meta-meta-concept you could go with - is an object within a system, and a subject of another system. I think you could go infinitely with finding new meta-systems, and perhaps it's what the consciousness development is about in the gods' realms. They may have kind of wars (being actually mind games) where they play with concepts to win over another. It is not something that - to a degree - scientists did miss, they didn't - the same idea, in at least some limited form, appeared quite recently about 100 years ago in mathematics... and this is a good evidence where fire kills metal, as - as you pointed out - it's something that goes beyond conventions. Try to define fire as a principle as opposed to the other 4 principles within this system - you may have a serious challange here. If you're interested in this rather philosophical (and rather not mathematical - any more at this point) dilemma, you may see e.g. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bertrand_Russell and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurt_G%C3%B6del

BTW, I do think that teachings about alchemy are not alchemy itself (in action). The former is occult, kind of science, i.e. metal element. A paradox where science about the subject can be killed by the subject itself. Because this is the dilemma of the systems that Kurt Godel has discovered, thus undermining the principles of mathematics previously believed to be fixed "norms".
    Last edited by Antares; 30th April 2020 at 06:43 PM.

The work of consciousness is alchemy.