Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Some strange nightly heart trouble ..??

dahrma Guest
    Hi Korpo,

I've also woken up with a racing heart beat and it can be a very scary feeling, untill you figure out what to do/what's causing it.

I think you did the right thing by refocusing your attention elsewhere. Especialy, if it's not a sensaton that you're familiar with, in your OBE experiences. Even if it was an exiting sensation, I don't think anything productive could have come out of it, given that you were already alerted by the sensaton and experiencing some panic and fear. So you did the right thing by calming your heartrate down and relaxing. It could of been so many things, it's just hard to tell.

I'm glad you've been able to get great feedback from the real experienced people here in this forum.

take care~

Dialgo Guest
    @Korpo. I've woken up before with a similar sensation on a few occasions. Im a long distance runner, and generally I have a resting heart rate of around 48-50...so when I woke up in the middle of the night with it feeling like it was racing way faster than normal like maybe 120 or more bpms I kinda freaked out. The same thing does happen to me sometimes durring meditation, but my it feels more superior to the heart near the top of my chest....which im just guessing is a chakra on overload .

Blog Entries
    Thanks to all of you, I feel much less bothered by it and will monitor it closely if it happens again, as I have now some things to compare it against.

Thanks for your thoughts,
    Oliver

stargazer Guest
    I totally vibe with Beekeeper saying "I wake up with chakras doing their own thing"
    It's like they have their own agenda sometimes.. and sleep seems an excellent time for them to expand and fill?

Your work with qigong is probably providing excellent conditioning to your chakras, Korpo...

I'd speculate that sometimes it's not even an intention or unintentional OBE so much as chakras doing.. whatever it is they're doing when they're kicking full power. (i.e. to me, there's more to chakras than OBE though revving at full power seems an easy launch pad to an OBE) There's nothing so surprising and sometimes terrifying about waking up with 3-4 of the major chakras kicking fully... this happened to me after a kundalini reiki energy attunement... I felt like I was immersed in a huge red dense buzzing hot cloud of electrical wires and they were humming, buzzing, vibrating, and pulsating... and I could hear my heart chakra pounding loudly BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! like a huge bass drum. What amazing things we can do with our energy centers ... I thought I was dying, so I stopped the sensations as it was just too dynamic for me to handle while half-asleep and confused.

I think it's a good sign, but keep an eye on your heart health in the meantime, Korpo. What you are experiencing sounds normal, and quite encouraging, actually. I liked Patty's suggestion of cross checking wrist pulse.

Blog Entries
    Yes, thank you, stargazer.

I'd never have thought Qigong would trigger the Chakras, simply because the Chinese don't seem to mention it much (or worry?). But then I don't have always sticked with Qigong, and started out with NEW and projection training RB style...

Actually I'm not very worried now, and usually I'm quite a worrier and hypochondriac, but somehow I have the feeling I don't need to bother. Nevertheless I will keep a close eye on it. You never know...