Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Energy Work-Secrets of Spiritual Development and Healing

Sweetie Guest
    I just ordered myself a copy today.. along with a copy of Mastering Astral Projection. Should be delivered by next week.

I've made the decision to be more disciplined in meditation/trance work and to make time for serious attempts at projection.. not to mention energy work! I hold some fears about what I may actually see/feel on 'delving deeper' into meditation etc so its time to address these issues. The time feels right and reading about AD members experiences just makes me really keen to experience things for myself.

So.. I think buying the books is a good place to start and in the meantime I can concentrate on energy work, which is quite enjoyable once I actually get myself motivated!

Zak Guest
    Great plan!

Lovely avatar by the way sweetie.

Louise43 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie
    So.. I think buying the books is a good place to start and in the meantime I can concentrate on energy work, which is quite enjoyable once I actually get myself motivated!
    I find motivation and a wandering concentration my biggest stumbling block. I'm a typical Gemini and cannot focus on one thing for any length of time. I have ordered the CD of mastering Astral Projection in the hope that being guided will help me mantain a focus on what I'm doing and stop my thoughts jumping randomly from one thing to another.

Lou

Blog Entries
    I think that is simply the monkey mind. Meditative breathing could help. Robert's book has a good sub-chapter on abdominal breathing.

Counting breaths is a good thing, best to focus on the abdominal muscles during deep breathing, then count ten in/out breaths, repeat. If you lose count, start over.

Builds concentration, should help deepen the breath, can help training and relaxing the abdominal muscles.

Oliver

Louise43 Guest
    Thanks Oliver, but I have been attempting breathing exercises on and off for a couple of years now and have never been able to stop my mind wandering. It does it without me realising and after a while I think "Hold on I'm supposed to be concentrating on, sensations, breathing etc..." but I have already gone off on various tangents and have thought about numerous things before I notice.

I guess my monkey will just take a little more calming down than most

Lou

Blog Entries
    Hmm, that's ... unusual?

Perhaps something different, something that captures your awareness better? Like a mantra. I hate mantras, but for some people they provide better focus.

Among the meditation objects I remember are "a specific thought", an image, body awareness (or more specifically: breath), a mantra.

If your mind tends to wander, maybe you could better calm it down with Taiji? This could help slowing down the mind.

Also it is not strictly necessary to suppress the monkey mind. The first exercise recommended by Bardon is only observing the thoughts to cultivate the observation state. This method works by not attaching to thoughts or following a thought, but simply observing what arises and let go of it.

Oliver

Blog Entries
    Korpo wrote:
    Also it is not strictly necessary to suppress the monkey mind. The first exercise recommended by Bardon is only observing the thoughts to cultivate the observation state. This method works by not attaching to thoughts or following a thought, but simply observing what arises and let go of it.
    Ecco! I find this very helpful. You can also choose something the monkey mind throws at you and concentrate on a single aspect of it.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Flash_hound Guest
    I've got the book and read up to the 6th chapter (finished the 5th starting on the sixth) and have loved every minute of it. All of it is great and I think it's a sweet stand alone book. I highly recommend it. As I read the chapters I just did everything as he wrote about it and (using a technique called muscle testing) found out that I had increased my energy 54% which is super cool. . HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Really good book.

alwayson4 Guest
    Im in love with this book

Palehorse Redivivus Guest
    I got a copy of the book pretty soon after it came out and read through it shortly after. Good stuff, that. It was especially timely for me, as I've recently been learning a lot more about just how blocked up my system is. Lots of useful tools and ideas in there.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast