Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Kundalini and Sex Drive

blacktiger057 Guest
    I actually like the point of view sex change. It creates more respect for the opposite sex, you don't just like some1 because they are hot. This is the key for having a deeper relationship, so it will last alot longer. They only thing that I don't like about this change is that I sometimes don't have a want to have a girlfriend or anything like that, escpially when my old when started cheating on me a few months ago. I haven't felt the need for one ever since, but I think this could cause problems for me when I get older. Anyone no how to negate this effect?

Blog Entries
    bt wrote:
    They only thing that I don't like about this change is that I sometimes don't have a want to have a girlfriend or anything like that, escpially when my old when started cheating on me a few months ago. I haven't felt the need for one ever since, but I think this could cause problems for me when I get older. Anyone no how to negate this effect?
    Well, you could start by realizing that when you get the need to be with someone, it isn't going to be for sexual purposes only, or for any one thing specifically. If and when you find someone, it should be for the need to be with her, period. I have heard time and again (I have brothers and used to work with a bunch of guys, and me the only female) the comment: (When it wasn't about sex, that is) I fell in love with her for her smile, for her sweetness, for her body, for her [insert favorite trait here] but they didn't fall in love with the whole person, and then they think that the reason it didn't work was the other person (she was a ____). But they never realize (and this goes for anyone, male or female, I just heard it more from guys) that they also didn't like something about the other person very much, and after a few years the trait grew and turnned into a great big monster. It sounds to me like you were hurt by someone and thus 'wrote women off' because of that- or tried to forget what happened (forgive me if I'm getting too personal here) but if you have problems in the future with a future gf, it's not going to be because of kundalini, or one thing, it's because of whatever happened with the one you broke up with (I hope) wasn't resolved in any satisfactory way. Unfortunately, when we're hurt by someone, we tend to attact the same type of person that caused the hurt unless the situation is resolved, and you can look back and now you forgave her. So if you're still hurting, if you're still wondering 'what happened', then you need to go over it, until you're ready to let go, and then heal. But generalizing a problem isn't going to make it better.
    I say this with concern- I hope I wasn't too stern (as a mom I know I can be). I just hope you can get through this to go ahead and have a wonderful full life.
    ps. "the one you broke up with (I hope) " means I hope you broke up with her, not I hope it wasn't resolved. (Language can be so confusing!)
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Zak Guest
    That seems like a good rule of thumb. Like the WHOLE person in a HOListic way

Lordofthebunnies Guest
    I do know that many spiritual traditions emphasize converting sexual energy into spiritual energy through semen retention and various other practices. Generally, it involves refining and channeling the energy upward. Kundalini practices can accomplish this inadvertently. I've started using some of the techniques myself.

Here's an interesting article on how refining sexual energy can assist relationships and spiritual endeavors, coming from a daoist perspective:

http://www.healingtaobritain.com/p67mag ... orgasm.htm

This site is noteworthy as well. It points out the neurological element of many tantric practices as contrasted to ordinary, "lust" driven sex.

http://www.reuniting.info/

Zak Guest
    Awsome, I shall read this when I have a moment. Retention of semen is a great practice I think. I find when I don't do it now after having done it for awhile I get a cramping sensation in my solar plexus chakra. This could e due to number of things. When you look at how much energy and nutrients go into the production of semen, if you're spouting off this stuff multiple times a day or every other day or whatever, you're losing quite a bit of energy! It's very concentrated stuff. According to Franz Bardon the blood and semen in our bodies (female is just blood and the egg) is what contains the akashic principle in the highest concentration and purity...

Over time fairly strong muscles develop in the perenium for retention. Does anyoneif it is possible to get these muscles strong enough to retain without having to use a physical block such as your fingers or heel if you are in a cross legged pose?

Blog Entries
    Hello, Zachary.

Yes, it is possible.

"Taoist Secrets of Love - Cultivating Male Sexual Energy" from Mantak Chia teaches the technique. It's actually better than doing it "by hand", because applying pressure to the involved "plumbing" in the perineum can cause damage if not done very carefully. Doing it with the technique should avoid this risk entirely.

The book is rather well-written, and taken from different sources, and openly admits it has strong relation to Tantrics, but no devotional aspect. It further tells about making sex and relationship more complete and whole-body orgasms.

I myself had to break off training, as the power of the energy was at that time was too intense for me.

BTW, there is a companion manual for women, too. IIRC it's named "Healing Love through the Tao", and he wrote it together with his wife. But for women the issue is initially not as decisive, as the woman does not lose energy in the act as the man. But cultivating energy, storing it, and cultivating relationships and doing whole-body orgasms, I guess women like that too.....

Anyhow, all practices regarding sexual energy should be accompanied with strong grounding practise, and sharply limited until one knows where one's limit is, IMO. It's simply the "strong stuff".

Regards,
    Oliver

Zak Guest
    I just read IMHO aphenomenal articl that Lord of the Bunnies left from healingtaobritain website.

Korpo that book sounds great! In the article it mentions women being able to retain egg and mentrual blood which is still apparently a theory but the practices actually reduce the amount lost in the menstrual cycle.

Mantak Chia actually didn't personally write any of his books but dictated them roughly to one of his students (who is the author of the article LOTB posted) and he westernized the language. Also Chia's wife according to Michael Winn (author) doesnt even practice any cultivation and the work was taken from Michael's wife who did practice as well as other top female students of Mantak Chia.

Exciting stuff! I just had a "AHA!" moment after reading that article as it seems I had largely been ignoring the downward Yin channel even though I was aware of it. After working with that I feel VERY energized after having gone through a month long period of very being very tired because of two moves and the amount of work it takes to get settled again.

Zak Guest
    Oh and with all this talk of sexual practices some information returned to me from a two channeled books I read in the past by Barbara Marciniak. "The bringers of Dawn" and "Earth" have a lot of information from the Pleiadians (benevolent ET's) instructing humanity to heal their sexual issues through various practices. One of them was something about a dragon ritual where the only time a man should ejaculate is when a woman is taking it into her body orally as it is very benefically and full of nutrients.

In turn a man should consume the blood and meses of a woman for the related nourishment. The P's go on to talk about another way is to copulate while the woman is releasing her egg (I'd imagine it to be a very messy affair). It's not just a nourshiment factor though. It is a way of accessing interdimensional information and should only be done with a partner that is very close to you (not someone you're having a one night stand with) because it will reveal all the secrets of your partner to you.

The P's go on to talk about the abomination that is tampons and the way our culture views the female menstrual cycle as something that has to be stopped up. They go on to explain that the cause of war is the Earths need to have blood flowing into it. Because woman are stopping the flow with pads and tampons (I don't know enough about the history but this sounds like something MEN devised and I am in no way saying it is womens fault for this!!!) this causes wars where blood is spilt from men, but we all know men don't bleed monthly!

Pretty out there information but I feel it holds a grain of truth if not a profound truth.

Again these were probably some very old practices from Atlantis or Lemuria... Even maybe Egyptin in nature or Mayan.

Surya Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by blacktiger057
    They only thing that I don't like about this change is that I sometimes don't have a want to have a girlfriend or anything like that, escpially when my old when started cheating on me a few months ago. I haven't felt the need for one ever since, but I think this could cause problems for me when I get older. Anyone no how to negate this effect?
    This may appear to be a problem but is really a blessing. One who can move beyond sex / girlfriends has won half the battle in releasing oneself from the cycle of (physical) birth and death. It is attachment to physical, ephemeral things that binds us to this earth. By not thinking about / desiring girls and sex, you are freeing up life energy to use towards spiritual awakening of kundalini. I am struggling with this at the moment, and have been reading the works of Swami Sivananda, who gives advice on how to move beyond the physical and sublimate sexual energy (through celibacy, or brahmacharya).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Surya
    This may appear to be a problem but is really a blessing. One who can move beyond sex / girlfriends has won half the battle in releasing oneself from the cycle of (physical) birth and death. It is attachment to physical, ephemeral things that binds us to this earth. By not thinking about / desiring girls and sex, you are freeing up life energy to use towards spiritual awakening of kundalini. I am struggling with this at the moment, and have been reading the works of Swami Sivananda, who gives advice on how to move beyond the physical and sublimate sexual energy (through celibacy, or brahmacharya).
    Hello, Surya.

This is a belief held by some traditions, but not by all. Taoists are at least not final in that matter. They don't demand celibacy as a precondition for deeper practise, and have demonstrated methods that transform the sex drive from animal over human to spiritual, as a bodily expression of higher love and energy work.

The Tantrics even mix devotional practise and sex.

From what I've read it is not necessary to shed sex from your life to become enlightened. Some practises try to use the additional energy as some kind of booster stage in their enlightenment work, but I personally believe that this is neither necessary nor desirable, as the body has its own pace for this that cannot be overridden without paying a physical, maybe even emotional or mental price.

This is my personal belief, but depending on who you ask you will get a different answer. There are millions of ways to attaining the Tao.

Regards,
    Oliver

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast