Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Kundalini and Sex Drive

Feel free to ignore me.
    No cando CF.

This may be all “guy talk” but I’ve been reading it and I have to say it is disturbing to me. What you said about the Buddha makes sense to me because it is what has been going through my mind as well.

these gurus who didn't eat, didn't have sex, didn't do this and didn't do that all had one thing in common- an inherent distaste for their existence
    Of what benefit is it to come into this life and deny ourselves of tools we can use towards our advancement? Incarnating on this planet is hard work. Why deny things that bring pleasure? After all, it is not the thing itself that causes our problems, but how we react to that thing. That is where we find room to grow. It is by overcoming our negativity towards certain things that puts us on the path of advancement, not it the denial of them.

We are here to participate in this life. To take part in all it’s aspects, to live fully and grow towards happiness.

I would hate to think that because I did not live fully this time around I would have to come back and do it all again.

Live. Experience. Learn. That is the best we can do.

All of our lessons must be learned. If it is not now, it will surely be later.

Blog Entries
    Sexual Chi Gung Can Be Dangerous

Many people today are fascinated by chi gung techniques for developing sexual power. There is a system, for instance, that includes techniques such as forcibly sucking energy up the anus and spine and hanging weights of ever-increasing amounts from the testicles and penis.

Around 1970, Wang Shu Jin, my first teacher and a man known for his Taoist sexual abilities, warned me against this technique. Then, when I mentioned it to my next teacher, Hung I Hsiang, he told me that it would be a very bad idea for me to practise the technique. In fact, he gave me a one-hour lecture to caution me about practising ridiculous forms of esoteric sexual chi gung.

Lesser problems are even more common. I have met many people who have practised sexual control techniques and damaged their sexual apparatus. It is easy to overstrain the system, especially if the sexual organs are genetically weak to begin with. Some common problems include swollen testicles and internal bleeding. While these practices may lead to the ability to maintain erections for a longer time, the increased pressure can damage the underlying tissues. Women, too, can be damaged by inappropriate sexual chi gung practices, resulting in problems such as false pregnancies and erratic periods.
    (Bruce Frantzis, "Open The Energy Gates of Your Body", page 271)

Wang Shu Jin was known for his extraordinary Qi and was easily capable of handling his opponents at an age of 70 and beyond. Hung I Hsiang is also a well-respected martial arts/Qigong master. Both have been in detail described by Bruce Frantzis in his book "The Power of Internal Martial Arts".

So, you now have 3 masters of martial arts and Daoist Qigong that say that this technique can be dangerous. It is not so farfetched about weights, too. See here:

David says these are the missing parts of the Healing Tao for the Immortal Practices and Master Chia says he knows them or remembers them but never taught them before, but will formly in the Winter Retreat 1999.

[...]

Empty Force (Emptying the your Insides) - Basic training for higher level practice
    Men's Practices - Closing the Three Gates: Penis, Ducts, Prostate
    a) Pull down on testicles & penis developing the Thunder Power
    b) Moving & controlling stick (tube) in anus to draw the air inside the Large Intestine to cool
    down the Internal Fire (Metal Yang) & in the Small Intestines (Fire Yang)
    c) Lift & holding the 1 pound weight on a stick in the anus for 20 minutes
    d) Lifting & moving weights on testicles, then on testicles & penis, then finally on penis
    Women's Practices - Closing the Three Gates: Vag, Cervix, & Uterus with Weights
    (from http://www.universal-tao.com/article/ba_shen.php)

Now tell me Chia does not teach dangerous stuff, but only safe stuff. There are reviews on the net who said the techniques can induce psychosis, impotence, and so on. These are people that had the "bad luck" about these techniques in person. There are also people advising against Chi Packing (also recommended by Chia in "Iron Shirt Chi Kung"), including again Bruce Frantzis.

Chia teaches the "Big Draw" (pushing Jing from the testicles up the spine into the brain by tensing up (=force) while tensing up the anus) openly in a book. He teaches the Chi Packing openly in a book. He seems to have at least one time have taught combining Chi Weight Lifting with the sexual apparatus.

This is irresponsible, and that has brought up many, many doubts about the man's work over the years with me. I respected the guy and did his stuff, but when I tried "Fusion of the Five Elements" and his sexual Qigong bad stuff began to happen, unsettling stuff, and that made me quit his teachings for good.

And guess what? For most of the time sexual Qigong of that school feels good. Even when it is in reality not going well. The sexual pleasure obfuscates the other effects on your system. Problems get ignored because it is fun to have multiple orgasms, or prolonged orgasms, or many near-orgasms that way. But whom do you turn to when you really get problems? Who is actually tapping you on the shoulder and tell you that your practice is diverging while you still feel good?

That's my problem with it. It works for some (and then possibly extremely well), but it is also possibly addictive (anyone here who hates orgasms?), highly detrimental to some, and needs good monitoring.

Oliver

Mahavatar_Babaji Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    And guess what? For most of the time sexual Qigong of that school feels good. Even when it is in reality not going well. The sexual pleasure obfuscates the other effects on your system. Problems get ignored because it is fun to have multiple orgasms, or prolonged orgasms, or many near-orgasms that way. But whom do you turn to when you really get problems? Who is actually tapping you on the shoulder and tell you that your practice is diverging while you still feel good?
    It feels very good. Much better than sex the normal way. I have been doing this for about 6 years now with no negative side effects. I never believed that males could have multiple orgasms, until actually having them. I guess my sexual organs are quite durable? I suppose if you have a weak prostate, you shouldn't try this though.

Zak Guest
    I don't know much about Mantak's overall system but I do know that any exercise has the potential to go wrong even the very basic ones. I guess he made the descision when he put some of the more advanced work that people would do it in the correct order.

I see the sexual practices as possibly being similar to other exercises. For example weight lifting for your bicep etc in a gym. One should first have an instructor or read a book about it so you learn about reps and sets and how to take things step by step in order to get to higher weights etc. With the sexual practices you are using more delicate anatomy so if you launch into it not heeding the many warnings then it is from a result of your own ignorance to your own bodies feeling. I'm not saying people who have been injured did it this way but I bet a few of those saying that they have been fall under this category.

I think the long term "injury" of supressing sexuality or over taxing sexuality and orgasm/ejaculation is worse than the few out there who have had injuries which they've learnt from and taken a different course all together. If one has thin or weaker vas deferans for example and they have found out that they can't do the finger lock during a regular ejaculation then it is a lesson learned. One could then do the sexual practices of not going over the edge which isn't harmful and if they happen to go over the edge then what's the big deal if you ejaculate once?

Again supressing or over induldging in sexuality is more harmful than the alternative.

If one authors work doesn't agree with you there are others in the field such as Margot Anand, Charles and Caroline Muir etc This new area of western sacred sexuality is a fascinating one I feel. We are seeing the blending of a few traditions from China and India s well as western magickal schools.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6