Quote Originally Posted by lightningbug
ever since I was in middle school, the words Rest In Peace have pissed me off

why the hell do I want to sit around on my ass and do nothing? and why would I want to wish for others to sit on their ass and do nothing? such a meaningless and useless existence. Maybe its my age, or the life I am living now. Constant frustration that I can't do or even be half the things I want to do or be. Or maybe its something deeper.

But I never want to rest in peace. Live in peace. Be in peace. But rest? Rest? That's lame. And old. I don't even tell others to rest in peace. And I don't want my family to put those words on my grave.

Do. Be. Create. Learn. Grow. Explore. That's whats on my list. In this life. In any life.

That's how I've always felt. And I think part of how I feel is also connected to how I feel about angels. Again, since middle school I was really sensitive if people spoke badly about angels. If they said they were incapable of meaningful relationships, incapable of feeling, incapable of love, lacked free will, or this or that. Or if they said they look like humans with bird wings.

At the same time, I don't really know why I was offended by it. I can't recall ever meeting an angel. But I always felt angels aren't 'resting'.

So I wonder if how I feel about those words, R.I.P is also attached to my naive belief about angels.
Because all through our lives we rush move rush move rush move...
I, for one, am thoroughly looking forward to being able to 'take a break'. LoL
Resting in peace sounds pretty damn nice right about now.