Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: how do I ground correctly - two questions

Zak Guest
    Everyone has great suggestions!

I loved that video as well. I've seen him talk and I've never seen such a non-egotistical yogi or guru. A very down to Earth and grounded ordinary man.

On the subject of doing things that are good for the Earth be free of the guilt but have the intention that you are moving towards a better relationship with her. When you connect with her you can tell her this and perhaps even get some advice from her on how to proceed.

Being vegetarian is also good because of the energy saved in creating food. Animals are fed plants which get energy from the sun. for example it could take 10,000 units of energy to create enough food for a cows lifetime when we only get 1o units of energy from the co itself in terms of meat. If you eliminate the cow then we have all that grass energy. Of course we don't eat grass but it's the concept behind this. Of course like4the yogi in the video says, eat meat when you feel like you need to. Listen to your body.

violetsky Guest
    I will throw in some biology from my biology degree days.

Apparently, anscestory has a lot to do with the ability of someone to healthily do the vegetarian thing. People with a lot of Scandinavian background where their diet was heavy on meat would have a much harder time. If people are able to do it and feel healthy great but I definitely have not found it a must for my spiritual development. I eat either meat or eggs every day. I have cut back on meat and at times eaten more with little side effect. I find state of mind more important.

Zak Guest
    I often wondered that... I guess united kingdom ate a lot of meat... nuts... I guess it is what yo ufeel comfortable with.

Blog Entries
    The Dalai Lama eats meat. He tried the vegan thing when he emigrated to India, out of admiration for their commitment to their beliefs, and found he couldn't do it. Apparently in Tibet they used to pay the Muslims that lived there to slaughter the livestock, since it was against their beliefs to kill something themselves, but not to pay someone to do it. I did read this in his autobiography. He is a very interesting and funny guy.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries
    Hello, meat-eaters!

I do not know why everybody switched on defense-mode, because nobody attacked you about eating meat. But there are several observations I made:

If you really have no problem with eating meat, why do you instantly, like with a trigger reflex, come up with so many rationalisations why you do? Does anybody eat meat here because the Dalai Lama does or believe it is sooo hard to became a vegetarian because one is of a certain ethnic origin? Come on! That's pure rationalisation, and something below says you are not truely at ease with this, else you wouldn't come up with so many stuff to preventively defend against an argument that no one has come up with.

The Dalai Lama was raised in a culture that almost exclusively eats meat because in Tibet you cannot live autarkly from anything else. Same for the Inuit. But even the Dalai Lama praises vegetarism as a worthy undertaking and tries to convince people to it less meat. I've just yesterday read a citation where he said "Eating meat only every 2nd day already makes you half vegetarian. That's a start.". Parading out the Tibetans is not very fair, as they are the only Buddhist tradition that does not lean heavily towards vegetarianism.

There's not much from preventing people going vegetarian, because everything is contained within the vegetarian diet if you eat balanced. But of course vegetarian and vegan diet seem to have been mixed here, because animal products like eggs, honey or milk contain many of the nutrients we cannot naturally get from plants, but surely don't require killing a cow or pig? BTW, even vegans can live healthy if they take in artificial vitamins to supplement those missing in a purely plant-only diet.

Besides - one can make a huge difference for the animals if one buys ecologically approved products, where animals live healthy lives with more natural conditions. This will benefit animals and you more, thought it costs more. This is even more for true vegetarians, who can completely exclude any animal cruelty from what they eat this way.

No one said it is of absolute necessity to convert to vegetarianism to lead the spiritual life. But eating meat without any actual survival need always carries a certain moral stain. There's no rational argument requiring you to eat meat today in most societies, it is and remains a question of personal morality, with its many shades of grey.

Finally, I think enough has been said about grounding to prove worthwhile and the rest is going rapdily off-topic!

Oliver

Blog Entries
    P.S.:

I do not think Earth will judge you, Seeuzin. Earth provides for us all. As long as you strive for not becoming a greedy individual that destroys Earth and its bounty you cannot truely become separated from her.

When you can do something, and find the strength to do so, do so. Continue growing, and you may find that strength. Do not feel guilty for being human and not being able to live up to your ideals now. Try the baby steps first and you may look back and see you've walked miles.

Connecting to the Earth will give you this possibility, not the other way round. Earth gives you first, and has so, since the day of your birth.

R E L A X!

Oliver

Hehe, yeah, I do need to relax. And I have begun to change my outlook from sometimes feeling guilty for recieving things from friends that I feel I haven't "earned", to being grateful. Both are motivators for positive action (well, guilt is sometimes that anyway), but the gratitude motivator is so much more positive than the guilt motivator. It's kinda startling how repeating that simple thought every now and then to myself - "I feel grateful and have no reason to feel guilty for recieving this" - can change the way I feel so much. I am noticing some significant differences in myself already.

Zak Guest
    Wonderful

Blog Entries
    Seeuzin,

I think that learning to accept help, kindness and the gifts of others is a very important life lesson for us all. It's great to see you making such important progress.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries
    Yes, I agree with all of the former.

As long as the guilt is not in charge and makes you incapable of action or makes you feel bad to no end, it's not really good. But if you can put it into perspective, if you transform the guilt into positive action, it can be a positive thing.

Of course, connecting with things, feeling positive and doing a good thing for your progress every day is even better, and I see you know that valuable lesson. Good!

So tell us how's it going with grounding from time to time, it could be most interesting.

Oliver