Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Herbs to Enhance Dreaming?

enoch Guest

Herbs to Enhance Dreaming?

Hi

After a rummage through google this morning I found that 'Mugwort' is mentioned quite alot regards enhancing dreams.

Does anybody here have any experience with herbs for enhancing dreams..or encouraging lucidity?

Hopefully I'd like to combine some herbs and see what effects it offers.

Cheers

muzza Guest
    Hi,

I have no idea about mugwort but believe nutmeg can help with dreams. I can't remember where I read it although I do remember it was a book on lucid dreaming. I must say that after having lots of nutmeg with a meal I do seem to remember dreams more vividly.

Cheers,

Muzza

enoch Guest
    Thanks muzza. I like your username, btw.

I thought I'd post up some results from rummages over the past few days. Hopefully someone may find it useful at some point.

Herbs to enchance dreaming.

nutmeg
    mugwort
    valerian
    b vitamins
    morning glory (mildy hallucinogenic - take heed)
    beta carotene
    melatonin
    passion flower (morphine like effects...research before ingesting)

Chris Guest
    The reason nutmeg might increase dream lucidity is due to it containing several (psycho)active alkaloids such as myristicin, safrole, and elemicin. Care should be taken with not consuming too much nutmeg as it can cause psychedelic symptoms in certain doses and there has been concerns raised that using high doses of nutmeg might problems with the liver.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/nutmeg/nutmeg.shtml

Also a quick note regarding morning glory - they can be highly psychedelic, the seeds contain lysergic acid amines which are in the same family as LSD. The drawback is that they can cause acute nausea too. Also a lot of the commercially bought seeds have been treated to cause sickness if consumed.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/morning...ng_glory.shtml

muzza Guest
    enoch: muzza is more than my username...it is basically my identity! It was my nickname given to me very very early ain life and has stuck around. I answer to muzza more than I do my real name!

As for the other herbs you mentioned the only other one I have had experience with is valerian which I was taking to try and help me sleep (damn insomnia) and noticed no increase in dreams at all. If you come across any good results let us know!

Chris: Thanks for the link about nutmeg. There was some interesting reading there. I love my nutmeg but definitely don't have it in the quantities mentioned there!

enoch Guest
    yeah, thanks for that chris. I grated some nutmeg into a cup of warm milk and honey last night...only a teaspoon...and I had a pretty disturbed night. I felt as though I'd laid half awake all night.

I have some mugwort due tomorrow so I'll let you know how I get on

BudOnly Guest
    i took some melatonin and hit REM as soon as i closed my eyes just about and entered a lucid dream then i willed myself into and obe where i visited the gnostic church and temple of wisdom.....eat about 2 or 3 tablespoons of nutmeg.......quite a trip

laiana Guest
    I find 5-htp (which is both a sleep and mood enhancer) gives me crazy dreams.... don't know about lucid dreaming though, since I've never had a lucid dream!

Celeborn Guest
    enoch:
    After a rummage through google this morning I found that 'Mugwort' is mentioned quite alot regards enhancing dreams.
    Thats very interesting. I often work with moxa (for moxibustion, the Traditional Chinese Medicinal tool), and it is made of mugwart.

Truly a versital herb.

Xevious Guest
    In terms of diet, there must be some type of vitamins/minerals/herbs that can enhance energy work since it is related to the bioelectrical nature of the body. Has anyone come across supplements that you could obtain in a drug store which could aid it this?

I've heard of something called 'White Powder Gold' which is basically a form containing a super concentration of minerals/metals. You can buy it on the net and other sites actually provide methods of creating it involving a rather complicated process. There's recent research comming to light regarding people obtaining super states of conciousness taking such a substance.

Recommended links:

http://www.graal.co.uk/whitepowdergold.html

http://www.williamhenry.net

It might be good to do some research on this and post lists of items.