Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Kevin's MAP Journal

Kevin Guest

Kevin's MAP Journal

I was very excited to start this program. So excited, I bought the book sooner than I told myself I would!

Night 0

I'll be starting my journal on Night 0 since I started reading last night. I went to sleep knowing that I would need to be diligent about a dream journal and expected to start the very next morning! My night went something like this:

We laid down somewhere around 10:00 pm and talked for a little while before settling down. At around 11:00 I felt the strands of sleepiness start to creep into my mind and I accepted that and started trying to clear my mind so that it would come, this was not part of any structured practice just some time spent on it personally to encourage the training to come.

I woke once at about 12. My fiance had not come to bed (she was upset with me and I didn't know it). I went back to sleep shortly after that.

Day 1 - Morning

It was as if my dreams knew I was expecting them and desired to deliver! In the morning the dream was still very clear in my mind as I reached over to diligently jot down my dream keywords! I was surprised how easy this seemed at the time. Then I got up to use the restroom, and when I returned to be to lay down I noticed I wasn't tired. I just didn't have the desire to sleep anymore. It was 5:00 am so I decided to wake my fiance up. We had a nice talk about how I had upset her the night prior and we both got up and spent time together as I got ready for work much earlier than I usually do! I told her the dream I had, as the recall was fresh in my mind still and I've read that if you tell it, it will stay that way. At breakfast (something I almost never have time for) I jotted down some more keywords from an earlier dream I had had but didn't remember until after I woke up.

On my way to work I said my Morning Affirmation. Once I got here to work I managed to use the keywords to punch out a whole page of descriptions of my dream.

I don't know if its the energy work I have been doing prior to today or just my enthusiasm for the program, but I feel great today!

More will come on Day 1 as the day progresses! I am looking forward to the exercises I will do tonight after work.

hasalameth Guest
    Go Kev, Go! I also experienced positive changes when starting the MAP. Would you mind sharing what the dream was about? I had one during the first week, where I saw huge violet (and other) flowers grow and bloom all around me, everything was lit from within itself, even though it was night time. Then there was some weird symbolic stuff about a snake trying to kill a toad and in turn getting eaten by a bigger snake. Anyhow I felt like that dream was symbolizing the growth I was currently experiencing. Good Luck!

nkd Guest
    Welcome on board and good luck with the program!

Kevin Guest
    Not at all, there was nothing too personal in the dream to make me not want to tell it, so here it is:

Dream Journal – The Jewish Brothers

Last night I dreamed of two Jewish brothers. The first got lost in Africa and was taken in by an African tribe. The second went searching for him in a hot air balloon and when he landed near the tribe, they were afraid for the balloon and speared it, leaving the brothers stranded in Africa.

At the same time, somewhere else in the world, a rich Jewish man was talking to his assistant and his assistant informed him of the plight of the Jewish brothers. This made the rich Jew very happy because the second brother had a very high social status and he was now out of the way. Then I was shown a flash back of the second brother in the office of a blonde female in long dark robes (I had the idea that she was a high ranking government official), and the brother was going through and asking if he could have items from her office, which she was gladly giving him. I remember thinking it was funny that he WASN’T being awarded these, just asking if he could have them. There was also a short argument between the rich Jew and the assistant over the fact that he was hungry and the assistant told him that he would not get him anything to eat. The argument ended with the rich Jew throwing a candle holder at the door as the assistant shut it behind him. After a while spent in Africa, the natives built a new hot air balloon for the brothers out of animal hides and sent them out of Africa.

At this point, the dream transitioned and I was the one who had just returned from Africa. I found myself in a community shower with my dad and step-brother. My dad was telling him that he had to finish his math test, and indeed I saw a timer and proceeded on to take my shower. Later I noticed that Matt had not ended his timer and his time had run out. He had failed and later I found out he hadn’t even started. The next part of the dream I remember is laying in my bed (Actually in Matt’s bed as we are currently living in Matt’s room) and Matt was upset at us for borrowing money from him but not inviting him to come with us. I was upset about that so I paid him back and told him to leave us alone.

After that portion of the dream ended I found that I was a photographer and my team was coming over for a party. I didn’t want them to see my house as I thought they may look down on me for it. I remember going outside just as they arrived in an old beat up jeep. Apparently Tuan had also gone to Africa because I asked him how his trip was. I remember noticing that the roof wasn’t really a roof at all but some kind of sheet with a pattern on it. To my relief, they had rented a house down the street to have the party in. The leader of the party was Tuan, my current boss. He said they had cards and poker chips downstairs so we could all play poker for money. I remember him opening a cupboard and seeing the flimsy plastic chips you’d buy at a dollar store. I also remember him mentioning one of the people thinking the chips would just be evenly distributed and played with. As we all moved on to explore the upstairs Tuan said, “Kevin stinks.” When I looked down I found that I had on the shirt that I returned from Africa in and it was in fact stained. This is one of my favorite shirts in real life, and one of the stains is actually on it from Easter Sunday and it was the same in my dream, though in my dream the shirt had more stains. When we went upstairs we noticed that everything was built bigger, the ceiling and even the furniture was built slightly taller making all of us feel a lot shorter. Nothing was out of reach, just a few inches higher than they normally are.

hasalameth Guest
    The Jew part of the dream sounds pretty entertaining, almost prophetic in a way, how did you interpret all those things, as you were only the observer?

The shower thing I think was some sort of connection between you and the other guys, you may have entered each other's dreams to communicate on a higher level, but your conscious mind had a hard time interpreting that communication; test, time, shower, failiure.

The later part sounds like a typical "psychological" dream to me. Your subC is trying to tell you things, aswell as interpret feelings of your waking life, the stained shirt, the home, the almost out of reach furnitire, all sound very "psychology-class" to me

Flash_hound Guest
    Are you by any chance Jewish? Or were you ever close to someone who was Jewish?

Kevin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hasalameth
    The Jew part of the dream sounds pretty entertaining, almost prophetic in a way, how did you interpret all those things, as you were only the observer?

The shower thing I think was some sort of connection between you and the other guys, you may have entered each other's dreams to communicate on a higher level, but your conscious mind had a hard time interpreting that communication; test, time, shower, failiure.

The later part sounds like a typical "psychological" dream to me. Your subC is trying to tell you things, aswell as interpret feelings of your waking life, the stained shirt, the home, the almost out of reach furnitire, all sound very "psychology-class" to me
    I do believe the rich Jewish man referred to himself as Jewish, tho I was aware that they were all jewish long before that. My step-grandfather was jewish, but this is the first dream I've had of this sort.

In the dream in the shower, I didn't really speak with anyone, though the later part where my step-brother is probably due to the fact that I feel guilty for staying in his room for so long. We just recently moved from florida and are current;y using his room as a Base of Operations for my faince and I while he stays at his Dad's house.

The last portion deffinately feels like a psych dream to me. I think it is dealing with my adapting with my new boss, who sometimes seems impatient and can often hand me work at the last minute.

Flash_hound Guest
    That's interesting... I am just trying to figure out how the Jewish thing got into your dreams because I'm Jewish lol.

Kevin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash_hound
    That's interesting... I am just trying to figure out how the Jewish thing got into your dreams because I'm Jewish lol.
    You asked if I have ever known anyone Jewish or been close to someone who has been Jewish.

Yes. My Step-Grandfather was Jewish and we were very close. He used to teach me how to carve. He died maybe 9-10 years ago and I alway regretted not spending more time with himn before he died.

The funny thing is, tho he was Jewish, we never talked about religion. The only difference I knew growing up was that I beleived in Jesus and he didn't. And the dream didn't have a sad quality to it, in fact it had a very cinematic - almost comedic attribute to it. I have never dreamed anything like it. Maybe it would help for you to know that I love to write and have kicked around a few screenplay ideas that have never been completely written. Sometime I think my dreams are trying to give me good ideas for movies I should write. Maybe my Astral Self is trying to help me along? I don't know.

Flash_hound Guest
    Haha, maybe. Or maybe it is just your subconscious trying to help you feel better about not spending enough time with your grandfather. Possibly your trip to Africa was a representation of you trying to find your Grandfather and redefine your relationship with him.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast