Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Is this Kundalini related?

kunwar Guest

Is this Kundalini related?

Hi,

I am 26 years old and have been meditating in one form or another since the age of 16.

I have been continuously experiencing some wierd stuff for some years now and would like to know if it is kundalini related.

I seem to have a form of social phobia as I get very uncomfortable in these kind of situations. I work in a very big global company but still can't seem to get over this. But the thing is that the sypmtoms of the phobia show up even when I'm at home. A form of cloud/tension builds up behind the navel in a couple of hours of waking up. This 'cloud' spreads all around the body giving rise to tremors and shaking. This tension also builds up in the head and it seems like heavy pressure beneath the skull.
    The experience is very uncomfortable.

I do breathing exercises to relieve this pressure. As I do the exercises, it seems like the cloud retracts from all parts of the body and goes into the head - from where it is released out. The feeling after this is very relaxed. Sometimes it even seems blissful.

Can someone help me with this and tell me if this is kundalini related?

thanks,
    Kunwar

blacktiger057 Guest
    It could be a neg feeding off your energy. Or some sort of curse. Does it hurt when you move energy through certain places(assuming that you practice NEW)? Or it could be one of those things that you get rid of it, but it keeps coming back. That's all I can think of, unless there is some sort of medical disorder. Oh, and has any other weird things happened to you aside from the ones mentioned above?

Snowman23 Guest
    That is one major thing that happened to me after what I suspect to have been some sort of Kundalini arousal.

I suddenly went from being an active kid to an awkward social recluse intellectual type. Over the years I've confronted the social anxiety and have made progress.

kunwar Guest
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for the reply.

The only way I can move the cloud/tension is through breathing excercises and it doesn't hurt but makes me very relaxed. As the cloud is focussed and moves upwards to the head, there is a little pain in the head but this turns into utter peace as soon as it leaves the body.

This does not even jst happen once a day but every couple of hours. It seems like I am being forced to carry out periodic system cleanup.

As far as the social phobia is concerned, the work environment also forces me to confront it every day (which is a good thing - as avoidance is unhealthy). Some days are better than the others but sometimes I experience psychological upheavel whether I am with people or alone.

As far as any other expereinces are concerned, I had a terrible pain at the bottom of the spine a week or so ago. The pain was so much that it was difficult to move. A few weeks prior to the pain, I had a dream where someone took a pen and poked it at the bottom of my spine, which caused the same pain. It made me wake up.

Kunwar

Blog Entries

Re: Is this Kundalini related?

Quote Originally Posted by kunwar
    Hi,
    A form of cloud/tension builds up behind the navel in a couple of hours of waking up. This 'cloud' spreads all around the body giving rise to tremors and shaking. This tension also builds up in the head and it seems like heavy pressure beneath the skull.
    The experience is very uncomfortable.

I do breathing exercises to relieve this pressure. As I do the exercises, it seems like the cloud retracts from all parts of the body and goes into the head - from where it is released out. The feeling after this is very relaxed. Sometimes it even seems blissful.
    I do not know about Kundalini, but your experience seems to start out in the region known as Lower Tantien, the storage of energy for the physical body. There could be manifold reasons for something happening there, so...

What meditative practises do you follow?
    Do you ground?
    Has meditation helped you deal with emotions, phobia and trauma?

Take good care,
    Oliver

Tempestinateapot Guest
    Is this cloud something you can see, or is it a feeling? Does this happen while in meditation or daydreaming, or spontaneously while you are awake?
    As I do the exercises, it seems like the cloud retracts from all parts of the body and goes into the head - from where it is released out. The feeling after this is very relaxed. Sometimes it even seems blissful.
    You call this a symptom of a phobia, but it sounds more like an out of body experience. Add the tremors and the shaking, and it sounds even more like it. With years of meditation, you have been developing your energy body skills without actually trying. Any time you do altered state work, your energy body develops along with it. Which makes a spontaneous OBE exit more likely. What you call tremors and shaking is what most people call "vibrations", which are an OBE exit symptom.

One of my son's has been dealing with anxiety attacks for years, and the way he describes it, he and I both came to the conclusion that he was having spontaneous out of body experiences. BTW, people can develop phobias at any age. My dad developed a huge one in his 50's that had never bothered him before.

Negs and curses? Can we please stop suggesting that every time a person posts with something they don't understand? There are hundreds of symptoms that explain strange experiences that are completely normal and have nothing to do with anything negative. Seriously, you're scaring someone with absolutely no basis for what you are saying.

Pain at the base of the spine could be a Kundalini related event. Sometimes, K can actually hurt.

I'd try a couple of things. First, note whether the tremors & shaking is actually a body thing or if it is internal. If it is your body shaking, I'd look for a reliable chiropractor who practices kinesiology & get checked over - it could be something out in your spine.

But if it isn't, then I think maybe TiaTP is right & you're having exit symptoms. In that case, I'd try just letting it run. Try to relax & see what comes of it. The fact that breathing alleviates the symptoms is, to me, indicative of it being to do with your beingness rather than anything wrong.

And not diagnosing anything but it's possible your 'phobia' is related to a feeling that now, you're 'different' & so don't want to be around 'normal' people. (as if there is such a things *grins*)

Have a read of the tutorials here and maybe get hold of one or more of Robert Bruce's books & have a read. If you can't afford them, maybe your library has copies.
    Never doubt there is Truth, just doubt that you have it!

operasinger Guest
    I don't know if this helps you but, at the base of spine, I have felt pain since first pre-Kundalini event happened, also I have felt alot of deep anger (that was for 2 days) and like invisible chains dropping from my shoulders and a white lightning of energy going from top of the head (crown chakra) to base of spine (root chakra), really like a lightning. So, I hope this helps you somehow....
    This all happened during last few days. I started doing hatha/ astanga-yoga and meditation since beginning of January. I have tried also NEW....

cheers... operasinger

kunwar Guest
    Hi Oliver,

I do 'OM' meditation - which involves extending the word for as long as possible. After each time I say it, it takes a min or so to settle down when I feel the "cloud" retracting and moving upwards to the head.

The meditation has helped me with my emotions and phobia. I have calmed down a lot over the last few years but the change is of course slow. All the work is far from over.

I have never heard of grounding before, so don't know what you mean.
    Can you tell me more pls?

Hi Tempestinateapot (sorry don't know how else to call you),

The "cloud" is not something I see but a feeling. You can also call it a disturbance. The feeling is something like this. Every couple of hours, there is a disturbance near the navel. This spreads around the body, especially in the hands and legs, leading to tremors/shaking. Together with this, my hearbeat starts to race, the breathing becomes shallow and heavy ( i might even start sweating). At first I thought this was social phobia/anxiety attack as it happened when I was with a few people. However, this happens even when I'm at home with my family or completely alone. It seems to go in a cycle peaking every 3 hours or so.
    As for OBE, I don't actually feel going out of my body. I will look into the energy body you are talking about.

Thanks for the link Journyman.

And thanks to everyone for being so helpful!

Kunwar

Kunwar

Blog Entries
    Hello, Kunwar.

Please be aware I know little of what you do.

To me it seems like energy collects at your Lower Tantien, the sub-navel energy storage, and then "flares off".

The life force Qi is closely associated with breath, and can have a fairly "airy" feeling. It seems to me - and this is speculation! - that it collects in your Tantien and then expands when the Tantien overflows. Since the Tantien is the connected to all the body's energy lines, this could extend everywhere within your energy body. The primary channels so important for your physical health terminate BTW in your arms/fingers and legs/toes.

I have read some posts of members around here who can make the Tantien "pulsate", which causes the Qi to extend everywhere into the body from the Tantien, maybe I can dig up sth.

Another question: Is the origin below the navel near the surface or more deeply within the body, approximate at the center?

Be aware that Tempest's explanation is also a good one.

Grounding is the practise to maintain a connection with Earth in order to stabilise the energy system, like a lightning rod.

I personally practise it like this: I drop my energy by leading it with my awareness (you can learn these skills with NEW on this site) down into the ground below my feet - this is my grounding technique, there are others.

Drawing all the energy from top of head and all the body down to the ground could help - could, not will! - stabilsing your energy system in order to accomodate and adjust to the "jolts" your are experiencing, as this can have a stabilising and strengthening effect on the energy circuits, IMO.

Where did your technique come from?

Take good care,
    Oliver

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast