Thread: Last Nights Lucid Dream

Kevin Guest

Last Nights Lucid Dream

Just thought I'd post this here, to get people's thoughts and opinions. It's my first Lucid Dream while taking the MAP program. (And thanks CFT for explaining what a true Lucid Dream is).

I found I was watching myself play basketball in a red basketball uniform (there was a number on it but I don't remember what it was). But I was only computer graphics. I was a video game! And I was watching myself play as if I were watching the video game demo that plays before you hit start. I watched myself switch several time to different areas of the court and take a shot at the basket. The most important event of this dream was that I KNEW that it was a dream. I said to myself, “This is a dream. I need to take control.” I never did gain full control but I thought it was very exciting.

Blog Entries
    Kevin, in my experience, this usually leads to a much better LD in a day or so.

Interesting dream. How did you read it?
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

hasalameth Guest
    I hate when that happens, when you sorta become semi-lucid like "oh, this happened because I'm dreaming, oh well." and then you go on with the dream or, "I can sleep with this person, it's allright, it's just a dream" then the intercourse becomes so vivid and you forget about the fact that you're dreaming... Haha.. This is one of the reasons we really need reality checks.

Flash_hound Guest
    I have never, ever, had a sex dream. I always think, "This is wrong, I can't be doing this, I DON'T KNOW THIS GIRL!!! And then I stop it" Actually, now that I think about it, I do become semi-lucid in sex dreams... hmm... interesting.

Blog Entries
    then the intercourse becomes so vivid and you forget about the fact that you're dreaming... Haha.. This is one of the reasons we really need reality checks.
    Shoes always pop up in my dreams so when I see or discuss shoes I try to remember to do a reality check. But, in the case of sex, I think maybe it's not the time to do a reality check.
    Williams)

Wrong Eye Guest
    I semi-lucid dream all the time, I know I'm dreaming and can control it, but I just let it go because I love living the stories and experiences in my dreams.

I've never experienced a sex dream.

I do however have A LOT of nightmares... my sleep has been bad for a long time... I know negs can cause nightmares, but I think it's psychological...

Flash_hound Guest
    Wrong Eye, neither have I really, I always screw it up.

Can someone interpret that for me? lol.

Wrong Eye Guest
    Your psyche screws up your perfect sex life?

I am Freud.

Blog Entries
    Nightmares can have psychological causes and physiological too. Eating too soon before bed and sleeping too hot triggers some people. These dreams can tell you a lot about yourself if you take some time to think about them but I somehow suspect that you do this, Wrong Eye. You can redirect them too if you're semi-lucid.
    Williams)